No announcement yet.

Movie Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought der untergang was a pretty good movie.

Comment

..and The Underground, a croat-serb movie..pretty good

Comment

DARK CITY
        FULL METAL JACKET
        RESERVOIR DOGS

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
        Any martial arts movie made by the Shaw Brothers, out of Hong Kong.
        Filmed in 'Shawscope' wide screen you know:)
        Believe it or not, I got just about every movie ever made by the Shaw Brothers in either video or DVD.
        What's it worth to ya?

Seriously, I got alot of doubles (mostly the 'Venom' series) just let me know the titles and I can prolly ship them out to ya....FOC.

Comment

Mmmm anybody like Bridge on the river Kwai ?

How about the animation movie Spirit Stallion of Cimmarron?

Comment

Originally posted by glyn View Post
            You are quite right to point out my spelling error Cur! It worries me that it is my second mistake in the last decade
            Let's hope it isn't hobbit forming then, which reminds me the Lord of the Rings is also an excellent film, provided you understand that it is fiction!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Callmecur View Post
              Let's hope it isn't hobbit forming then, which reminds me the Lord of the Rings is also an excellent film, provided you understand that it is fiction!!!
              Doh! you'll be telling me next that Father Christmas isn't real
              Join the Army! Travel to exotic, distant lands and sweep it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ex MIB View Post
                Doh! you'll be telling me next that Father Christmas isn't real
                Isn't he then...???

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                  DARK CITY
                  FULL METAL JACKET
                  RESERVOIR DOGS

Believe it or not, I got just about every movie ever made by the Shaw Brothers in either video or DVD.
                  What's it worth to ya?

Seriously, I got alot of doubles (mostly the 'Venom' series) just let me know the titles and I can prolly ship them out to ya....FOC.
                  I believe you and laud your good taste. I can't remember most of the titles now (it was 20 years ago when I could get them here) but Kung Fu Family and Drunken Master are two I remember. There was another that basically involved training methods, maybe the original 36th Chamber of Shaolin?
                  In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Samudra View Post
                    Mmmm anybody like Bridge on the river Kwai ?

How about the animation movie Spirit Stallion of Cimmarron?

Ya my Dad loved it.

No Man's Land is one of my favourites. Any one remember Children of a Lesser God?

There are too many to list now. More later.

Comment

[QUOTE=Parihaka;345028] maybe the original 36th Chamber of Shaolin?

Isn't that the stuff Kiwis put in their shampoo?
                      Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

JU-ON 1 and JU-ON 2, pretty scary stuff.

Comment

Dawn of the Dead

Shawn of the Dead

Every Scary Movie (the series, not the genre)
                          Epic Movie
                          Looking forward to 300!
                          Oh, and life of Brian.

Spinal Tap
                          "you have enemies, good. That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life"

Comment

Smokin aces - it's got Alisha Keys in it and it's a good action flick too!

Hannibal Rising - gives you an insight on how he became so twisted.

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
                              I believe you and laud your good taste. I can't remember most of the titles now (it was 20 years ago when I could get them here) but Kung Fu Family and Drunken Master are two I remember. There was another that basically involved training methods, maybe the original 36th Chamber of Shaolin?

Only one of those was made by the Shaw Bros. so Nyah Nyah..

(Forgive my childishness..I think this is the first subject ever discussed on WAB where I actually know more about a subject than you do..... LoL)
                              Last edited by YellowFever; 16 Feb 07,, 08:32.

Comment

Originally posted by YellowFever View Post
                                Only one of those was made by the Shaw Bros. so Nyah Nyah..

(Forgive my childishness..I think this is the first subject ever discussed on WAB where I actually know more about a subject than you do..... LoL)
                                Alas my memory obviously fails me, as I totter into my dotage.
                                I just have the red-curtained widescreen Shawscope emblazoned on my brain, and I obviously conflate all the magnificent movies of that time with it.
                                If I might be so bold as to ask the master, which of the aformentioned movies was indeed made by the brothers Shaw? And does my ignorance cancel the opportunity to access the others?:)
                                In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Working...
                                X