• Show
Clear All

• Long time now

New season

Comment

• Sign of the times

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
        Its used to be called just the Pacific. Then it became Pac rim. Further along it turned into Asia Pacific and now they call it Indo pacific.

Which country is at the heart of the Indo Pacific ? Australaaia, the land of Oz

Australaaia is the key to the Indo pacific

In the event of conflict, the board game of risk teaches us players often attempt to gain control of Australaaia early in the game, since Australaaia is the only continent that can be successfully defended by heavily fortifying one country (either Siam or Indonesia).

Generally, continents with fewer borders are easier to defend as they possess fewer points that can be attacked by other players. South America has 2 access points, North America and Africa each have 3, Europe has 4, and Asia has 5.
        Hmm... I always go for Europe first (5 bonus armies) with a large army holding the chokepoint in Iceland. If anybody looks like they're getting close to holding North America, I deny it by taking Greenland, deny Asia by holding the Middle East, and deny Africa by holding Egypt/North Africa. I've never lost with that strategy. Usually my opponents are so wrapped up with Australia/South America that I get a solid head start that turns into unbeatable momentum. It's just a skip across West Africa from Europe to further deny them South America from Brazil.
        Last edited by Ironduke; 22 Feb 18,, 19:17.
        "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
          Hmm... I always go for Europe first (5 bonus armies) with a large army holding the chokepoint in Iceland. If anybody looks like they're getting close to holding North America, I deny it by taking Greenland, deny Asia by holding the Middle East, and deny Africa by holding Egypt/North Africa. I've never lost with that strategy. Usually my opponents are so wrapped up with Australia/South America that I get a solid head start that turns into unbeatable momentum. It's just a skip across West Africa from Europe to further deny them South Africa from Brazil.
          South America First!
          Trust me?
          I'm an economist!

Comment

• Originally posted by Toby View Post
            Love the word play

Comment

• Nuclear deterrence & salami tactics

Last edited by Double Edge; 23 Feb 18,, 01:56.

Comment

• Not really a joke, but amusing.

When Josef Stalin lived in Vienna in 1913, he did so under the assumed name of Stavros Papadopoulos.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-21859771

Comment

• Here's one to share with your countrymen Double Edge.

The Canadian prime minister:

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                    Here's one to share with your countrymen Double Edge.

The Canadian prime minister:

So far it's been a bizarre visit, doubt we've ever had one like it : D

Comment

• Best place for this article : D : D

Pakistan lobbying in UN to get India declared state sponsor of terror | Set 24 2017

Comment

• One for Snapper and Zara

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                          Love the word play
                          What do you think about context?

Comment

• Originally posted by Toby View Post
                            What do you think about context?
                            Generally agree with him

Comment

• OH, BOTHER Winnie the Pooh is BANNED by Chinese censors after memes comparing ‘bear of very little brain’ to president Xi Jinping

Mentions of the cartoon bear with a soft spot for honey have reportedly been blocked on Chinese social networks, with rumours that it is due to his likeness to the country's president.

The beloved, be it slightly portly, character of A.A. Milne reportedly started to be compared to President Xi Jinping in 2013, with censors again starting to delete mentions of the cartoon character over the weekend.

Users have reported not being able to discuss Winnie the Pooh on Weibo, the main social media channel in China, while animated gifs of the bear have also been removed from the messaging app WeChat.

According to What's On Weibo, one blogger claimed: "My posts about Winnie have already been removed 5 times, so it’s really true."

Qiao Mu, assistant professor of media at Beijing Foreign Studies University, told the Financial Times: "Historically, two things have been not allowed: political organising and political action.

"But this year a third has been added to the list: talking about the president."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/403952...inese-censors/

Comment

• Terrorist organizations brace for layoffs in first quarter of 2018 as Trump cuts aid to Pakistan

Donald Trump’s new year tweet on cutting financial aid to Pakistan has sent ripples across many terror organizations who are now bracing themselves for a weak first quarter.

Maulana Mushroom Azhar, leader of Jaish-e-Mohammed, spoke to our reporter and said, “Almost 30% of our terrorists will be asked to leave in the coming months. In fact we have already started handing out pink slips. Some of them have served our organizations for more than 20 years. We are trying our best to have our PM speak to Trump and sort this out. This will definitely affect our economy.”

Other terror organizations are facing similar hurdles. “We have given offer letters to new recruits but now we have no other option but to push forward the joining date,” said an HR manager who didn’t wish to be named.

Startups seem to be worst hit with founders already looking to bail out.

Highly placed officials in Pak administration have said that although PM has taken a hard stance in front of the media, back channels negotiations are going on to somehow convince Trump.

A few officials will be flying to US to have a meeting with the President next week. “If Trump doesn’t relent we will plead to Melania. Maybe she can give us something from her pocket money,” said a Senior Official.

Comment

Working...
                                X