Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jesus' tomb in Kashmir?

Jesus' tomb in Kashmir?

New Delhi, India, Sep. 12 (UPI) -- Israeli citizens were flocking to the Indian cities of Jammu and Kashmir Sunday to see the graves believed to be those of Jesus Christ and Moses.

More than 100 Israeli tourists arrived in Kashmir after Israel instructed its citizens to leave India, the Asian Age reported. Only a few of the visitors were unaware of the edict, officials looking after the tourists said.

Official statistics show more than 1,500 Israeli tourists visited the Valley in 2003 while 1,623 Israelis spent holidays in Kashmir in the first eight months of 2004. In total, over 12,000 foreigners have visited so far this year.

The main attractions in the Valley for the Israelis are two graves, believed by some to be those of Jesus Christ and Moses. A section of the local population believes Kashmiris are one of the lost tribes of Israel. Aziz Kashmiri, the author of the book Christ in Kashmir, insists that the Kashmiri people's ancestors were one of the 10 lost tribes of Israel and that Jesus died during a visit to the Valley.

The Israeli foreign ministry had in a statement on August 25 called on all Israelis currently in Kashmir to leave as soon as possible and to avoid visiting the region. Israeli officials had expressed concern that terror organizations active in Kashmir have spotted the presence of Israelis and could be planning an attack.
    http://washingtontimes.com/upi-break...4318-5373r.htm

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Sir,

I have heard this theory before. Which part of Kashmir are these graves located? I had been to Srinagar, but never came across this location or its mention.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Lemon,

I had heard it before, but somehow I never found the time to go searching for graves! I beleive it even has the faint markings of the Jewish Star.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
        Lemon,

I had heard it before, but somehow I never found the time to go searching for graves! I beleive it even has the faint markings of the Jewish Star.
        Well sir, if the grave has the Star of David, then it cannot be from the time of Christ or Moses. The Star as a Jewish symbol came into being much later (some time after the middle ages). Even the ancient Greeks and Roman are known to have used this symbol as a lucky charm of sorts. Kashmir has faced Greek and Macedonian invasions, so it could be from that period. After all Bafliaz is named after Alexander's horse that died there, and Mendhar (Poonch dist.) is named after his general Menander. So those graves could be of some of those travellers/soldiers of that era.

Anyway, what ever brings tourists is welcome. The locals really need the income. :)

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Uhmmm excuse my ignorance, but wasn't Jesus Crucified? In Jerusalem?

Is that like ummm even debated?

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil

That was my teachings, but maybe I missed a Chapter somewhere.

Comment

Well, the Bible says he was crucified. The Koran says that he was not crucified, instead some guy who looked so much like him his mother thought it was him was. He was instead lifted directly to heaven.
              "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Noooooope, the Quran does not say that!

It's actually something like his spirit was taken away, since being so dear to God, He didn't want Jesus to be tortured like that... I think this happened somewhere just before he could die. So technically, he never died...

So uhmmm according to the Quran he never died, basically, the technicalities of how it happened, are questionable, or lets say, not known. But as far as I know about public knowledge about the whole incident, thats the last Jesus saw of Earth.... that is... Jerusalem.

What's this stuff about the 10 lost tribes of Israel? (I'm guessing we're talking about the race, Bani Israel?). I'm interested to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Julie
                  That was my teachings, but maybe I missed a Chapter somewhere.
                  if you take the christian bible as historical fact, then yes, Jesus was crucified in Jerusalem, but not everyone believes the bible is true to history.
                  Insanity is doing the same thing over and over
                  and expecting a different result.
                  Albert Einstein.

Comment

Quran correllates with it, except for a few things. Like not accepting Jesus as god, but as a Prophet/Messenger.

Comment

few years back i heard that jesus came to kashmiri monastry when he was 12 and studied there before he left back home to spread his learning. I dunno how much of it is true but people say that there are some facts pointing to the coming of a 12 year old child with similar name (/same name since pronunciations& spellings differ at different places) came to kashmiri monastry to study at the similar time when jesus left his home. Has anyone else heard that too.??

Comment

huuuuge distance....

religiously speaking, Jesus was a Prophet/Son of God (by Christian beliefs) right from birth. Unlike other Prophets who were given their Prophethood, much later...

but the distance to travel to Kashmir would've been huge!

Comment

I've always wanted to visit Israel, Egypt and the Middle East due to their historic importance but have been concerned about how unsafe they are/might become. Now I could add Kashmir to that list and be worried of even more conflict!

Comment

There are safe places to visit in the Middle East. Dubai being one, probably hosts the highest number (proportionally to size) of expats from all over (including Americans) the world.

Being a Kiwi, you'll have the next best status, after the Sheikhs... oh and of course the Americans.

If you really want to goto Kashmir, dress up in a Shalwar Kurta and wear an Afghani topi, and you might look like a Pathan. I'm assuming, you're a white/red

Comment

...If you really want to goto Kashmir, dress up in a Shalwar Kurta and wear an Afghani topi, and you might look like a Pathan. I'm assuming, you're a white/red
                              Do no such thing, its quite safe. If 12,000 (as per the posted news article) have visited safely, then nothing will happen to you. The locales have realised that it is the terrorism that has destroyed their livelyhood. They want tourists back with them as before.

Besides, if you dress like a pathan as Asim advises, then you run the risk of being picked up by the security forces for questioning. Why run the risk, jeans and a rock n roll t-shirt are the safest.
                              Last edited by lemontree; 18 Nov 04,, 07:44.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Working...
                              X