Nuclear weapons used in next 30 years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
    Agreed Blues but we cant compare this man and this regime to a civilized nation. The people yes,their government and the way they govern not a chance. I think they will boot him before it comes to a head and some other crackpot will be put in place to see what will be next.

I fully agree with you about you observation though.

Can paradise be found on Mars? That is after he lands there via warp speed ?
    Yeah, BUT...they are just about to be a nuclear Power. I don't see anybody stopping it, and once they have it, they will, in a too-high probability, use it against their hated enemies, in order to bring on the long-awaited Final Battle, the end of which will result in a world-wide victory for Islam and Allah's reign on earth.

Remember, A-jad didn't just happen into his position. He clawed his way up from that day when he and the other 'students' went over the wall of the American Embassy. He was groomed, promoted, cossetted and elevated all along the way into the Big Chair, so don't think he's out there without any backing. He was SELECTED by the ayatollahs, and they know exactly who he is and what he's about. You know, the ayatollahs: the guys that WANT to end of the world to occur; the soulmates of the fella I quoted above.

The people of Iran do not get to vote on the course their government takes; their wishes are simply not a factor. So, expecting them to be any brake of the rush over the cliff to national suicide is a bad bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Militarythinker View Post
      But that is what I am saying. It isn't going to be some civilized government that does it. Any human with a brain in their head knows the ramifications of launching. It is going to be some wack-job fanatic that sets it off and pisses everyone off.
      It may as well BE a government, because the only way ANYbody gets a nuke is through a NATIOANL program.

Like Iran's. Or Pakistan's. Or North Korea's. (Or Libya's , or South Africa's, or Iraq's...all of which have been dealt with by the US, you're welcome very much, I'm sure.)

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
        Hopefully someone with common sense shoots the bastard first.;)
        Are you kidding? We can't even intercept phone calls from known aQ guys into the US, and you're talking about whacking somebody BEFORE they commit the most monstrous crime in history?

This is what I've been talking about: the idiots that want to whine about the mythical impingments on our civil liberties from the Patriot Act and the dumbasses that want to close Gitmo because it violates the Terrorist Bill of Rights are going to get us KILLED.

How do we shoot the guy when we're not even allowed to FIND him?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
          Are you kidding? We can't even intercept phone calls from known aQ guys into the US, and you're talking about whacking somebody BEFORE they commit the most monstrous crime in history?

This is what I've been talking about: the idiots that want to whine about the mythical impingments on our civil liberties from the Patriot Act and the dumbasses that want to close Gitmo because it violates the Terrorist Bill of Rights are going to get us KILLED.

How do we shoot the guy when we're not even allowed to FIND him?
          I agree Blues. They can tap my phone anytime they want/will. I have zero to hide and besides they know who I am anyways.

I would be the first to tell all those that want Gitmo closed to STFU. Fine if we close Gitmo then lets build one in "your" country. I have no problem with Gitmo because if you end up there then there is no question you are a danger to the U.S. or any other civilized country. Its not like you robbed the corner store and were put there. These people that are there didnt take us seriously when they did what they were arrested for. They portray Gitmo like Andersonville during the Civil War. Its very far from it and to be truthfull from what I have seen they live better then the people that say they don't. Go figure. You can never do enough to satisfy these people. Perhaps maybe a weekend stay at a Soviet gulag would change their outlook.Then they may know what real horrors are. Hell Gitmo is a five start hotel compared to them. I say F'em let em rot atleast we know where they are.;)
          Last edited by Dreadnought; 02 Mar 07,, 22:28.
          Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by kams View Post
            Zeng,
            There are many interpretations of China's No first use policy, specifically wrt India. General consensus has been its not applicable to India.
            1. One view is that Chinas NFU does not apply on its own soil. China considers Taiwan and large part of Arunachal pradesh as its territory.
            2. Another view is that NFU applies to NPT signatories, India is not a signatory.

Indian strategists and policy makers contend that Chinas NFU does not apply to India and India's minimum deterrence is decided accordingly.
            kams,

The argument is clear now. From China’s point of view, China‘s No first use policy applies to India and any nations. I am sure it applies to Taiwan, Arunachal Pradesh (Southern Tibet called in China) and non-NPT signatories.

But some Indians including Indian strategists and policy makers wanted to interpret it in a way that can justify Indian’s nuclear build up.
            I am here for exchanging opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeng_xinren View Post
              kams,

The argument is clear now. From China’s point of view, China‘s No first use policy applies to India and any nations. I am sure it applies to Taiwan, Arunachal Pradesh (Southern Tibet called in China) and non-NPT signatories.

But some Indians including Indian strategists and policy makers wanted to interpret it in a way that can justify Indian’s nuclear build up.
              China has a massive conventional force and not many nukes, which aren't all that accurate. OF COURSE they're going to have 'No First Use' policy. They'd want a 'No Use AT ALL' policy.

Reminds me of a joke:
              A farmer had a bad rodent problem, and he was talking to his wife about getting a cat. The rats and mice overheard him, and came to him with a proposal: 'If YOU don't get a cat, WE won't get a cat.'

Comment

kams,

Why should India need to justify her nuclear buildup. Least of all to the "official" nuclear states. China is basically trying to restrict India to South Asea and prevent her rise to the global stage. Hence the "higher than Himalaya" friendship with Pakistan and the building of naval bases in Myanmar.

China basically wants a multipolar world but a unipolar Asea. It indulges in the same hypocrisy that it accuses USA of with regard to itself.
                There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don’t..

Comment

Originally posted by WhamBam View Post
                  Why should India need to justify her nuclear buildup. Least of all to the "official" nuclear states. China is basically trying to restrict India to South Asea and prevent her rise to the global stage. Hence the "higher than Himalaya" friendship with Pakistan and the building of naval bases in Myanmar.

China basically wants a multipolar world but a unipolar Asea. It indulges in the same hypocrisy that it accuses USA of with regard to itself.
                  That is very concise and as accurate as one of M-21's bullets.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluesman View Post
                    China has a massive conventional force and not many nukes, which aren't all that accurate. OF COURSE they're going to have 'No First Use' policy. They'd want a 'No Use AT ALL' policy.

Reminds me of a joke:
                    A farmer had a bad rodent problem, and he was talking to his wife about getting a cat. The rats and mice overheard him, and came to him with a proposal: 'If YOU don't get a cat, WE won't get a cat.'
                    LOL. Cat and Mouse Animation

Comment

If India doesn’t need to justify her nuclear buildup, why India distorted the interpretation of China’s No Fist Use Nuke policy?

You should not blame China for having a friend. You should try to become their friends too.

But India doesn’t bother to make friends with her miserable neighbors. India has all powerful countries and superpower in bed with her. India is the undisputed leader of non-alliance countries. India has much stronger navy with aircraft carriers. India has much more advanced fighter fleet. India has much more advanced armor divisions. All powerful countries compete to woo India with even more advanced stuffs. India itself is becoming the next global superpower.

On the other hand, all western countries have technologic and arms embargos on China. Russian sells less advanced weaponry to China.

China is in no position to restrict India to rise to the top of the global stage. China is in no position to accuse USA to be the unipolar superpower. It is the India that wants to be the another polar :)

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                        That is very concise and as accurate as one of M-21's bullets.

See, American went to Indian bed again

Last time, the explosions of five Indian nuclear bombs waked American up from Indian bed before CIA even made the morning call

It will be interesting to see what will wake American up from Indian bed next time, surprise

Comment

Everybody wants to be in the frontline when it comes to global affairs that is the reality...but it depends on your resources to be there...and having a nuclear weapons is an edge...
                          sigpic

Comment

If India doesn’t need to justify her nuclear buildup, why India distorted the interpretation of China’s No Fist Use Nuke policy?
                            I have never seen this in any of India's official statements. You can't take the comments in a forum to be India's official policy. I want to know why China went ballistic when India tested the nuclear weapons. Hasn't China done the same and proliferated to Pakistan?

You should not blame China for having a friend. You should try to become their friends too.

But India doesn’t bother to make friends with her miserable neighbors. India has all powerful countries and superpower in bed with her. India is the undisputed leader of non-alliance countries. India has much stronger navy with aircraft carriers. India has much more advanced fighter fleet. India has much more advanced armor divisions. All powerful countries compete to woo India with even more advanced stuffs. India itself is becoming the next global superpower.
                            India has absolutely no problem with your friendship with Paksitan. It is the proliferation and the arming of an unstable, dangerous regime that it does not like. It will be like India proliferating N. weapons to Taiwan. Also last time I checked, China's "official" defence budget was more than double of India.

On the other hand, all western countries have technologic and arms embargos on China. Russian sells less advanced weaponry to China.

China is in no position to restrict India to rise to the top of the global stage. China is in no position to accuse USA to be the unipolar superpower. It is the India that wants to be the another polar :)
                            Really. China is getting nuclear technology from USA. Getting all the latest weapons from Russia. This is not a problem for India. The issue is that China wants to stop the emergence of India and tries to contain it through arming unstable regimes. The only reason for Pakistan's belligerence with India is that it feels that China will back it.

I think China also has problems with all it's neighbors. Doesn't necessarily mean that China is always in the wrong. Same for India.

There is nothing wrong in India being a pole in a multi polar world with US, China, Russia, Japan, EU etc. More the poles the better. :)
                            Last edited by Vinod2070; 08 Mar 07,, 15:46.
                            There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don’t..

Comment

See, American went to Indian bed again

Last time, the explosions of five Indian nuclear bombs waked American up from Indian bed before CIA even made the morning call

It will be interesting to see what will wake American up from Indian bed next time, surprise
                              Not the best choice of language. huh.

The point is India does not owe an explaination to anyone for her nuclear weapons. It is necessary as it is in a dangerous neighborhood with three nuclear weapon powers and proliferation happening from China. India is a stabilizing factor in Asea and the world. A strong and powerful India is in the interest of the Asea and the world.

Comment

I have never seen this in any of India's official statements. You can't take the comments in a forum to be India's official policy. I want to know why China went ballistic when India tested the nuclear weapons. Hasn't China done the same and proliferated to Pakistan?
                                Not sure what you read but Chinese reaction was rather muted. It was in line with the N5, all rejecting both India and Pakistan Nuclear Weapons States status.

India has absolutely no problem with your friendship with Paksitan.
                                You seriously are joking me!

It is the proliferation and the arming of an unstable, dangerous regime that it does not like. It will be like India proliferating N. weapons to Taiwan. Also last time I checked, China's "official" defence budget was more than double of India.
                                Except when viewed in the strategic context. If the Pakistani Army is viewed as a Chinese Army against India, then what do you think of the situation?

Really. China is getting nuclear technology from USA. Getting all the latest weapons from Russia. This is not a problem for India. The issue is that China wants to stop the emergence of India and tries to contain it through arming unstable regimes. The only reason for Pakistan's belligerence with India is that it feels that China will back it.
                                And both China and the US are quick to calm things down.

Comment

Working...
                                X