Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WAB Maintenance - Complete

Dear Members,

You may have noticed WAB was down for the past couple of hours. This was due to us moving the site to a brand new server in order to meet both current and future load demands of the site. Having good scalability is very important. The WAB MySQL database is over 1GB in size now so the move took a little longer than we expected.

Things may be slow for the next few hours if you are still hitting the old server and pulling the database remotely from the new server but this will work itself out as the updated DNS zone file propagates across the internet. We have also relocated the DNS for WAB to a redundant cluster setup at the same time as the server move.

Another change we have made is to install vBulletin SEO (note the change in the URLs when you view a thread etc.) to try and help boost traffic to the site from the various search engines.

Thanks for your understanding and patience :)

- Chris

I am having problems getting to WAB.

I have arrived here through a whole lot of permutations and combinations. I went to something called the Boardtracker through Google and it had the intro of 'thecol' which I clicked and I got the Inbox!

I found Irondukes's PM but when I clicked on 'worldaffairsboard' on the top left hand of the page , I was again taken to that ridiculous page which I get everything I want ot access WAB which states it has been a great success and that WAB is on cpanel powered by Apache!!!!!!!!

Please do something about this!

It is very frustrating if I don't take my dose of WAB!

Regards

Ray

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Great Success !
      Apache is working on your cPanelŽ and WHM™ Server

If you can see this page, then the people who manage this server have installed cPanel and WebHost Manager (WHM) which use the Apache Web server software and the Apache Interface to OpenSSL (mod_ssl) successfully. They now have to add content to this directory and replace this placeholder page, or else point the server at their real content.
      ATTENTION!

If you are seeing this page instead of the site you expected, please contact the administrator of the site involved. (Try sending an email to <webmaster@domain>.) Although this site is running cPanel, WebHost Manager, and Apache software it almost certainly has no other connection to cPanel Inc. or the Apache Group. Please do not send mail about this site or its contents to cPanel Inc. or the Apache Group.
      About cPanel:

cPanel is a leading provider of software for the webhosting industry. If you would like to learn more about cPanel please visit our website at www.cpanel.net. Please be advised that cPanel Inc. is not a web hosting company, and as such has no control over content found elsewhere on this site.
      About Apache HTTP Server:

The Apache HTTP Server is an open source web server which powers many of the worlds web sites. The Apache HTTP server is part of the Apache Group's many influential projects. Their efforts have helped shape much the world wide web, and they continue to be a dominating force in the web hosting industry.
      I get this!

I am hanging on with bated breath and will not leave this rigmarole way to working through WAB aas long as I can!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Don't worry Ray :). Everything should be resolved within a few hours. When you access WAB, you are routed through several servers on the internet, which will have accurate information on how to access WAB within the next few hours. Each time you access WAB you are routed through different servers, and the update times for WABs location will vary. Some of the servers will have the old information for up to a few hours.

It will be a gradual, but short process, and future increased performance ought to more than make up for it. :)
        "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Come on. People are at work. You can't plan server migrations during work hours ;)
          "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Originally posted by shek View Post
            Come on. People are at work. You can't plan server migrations during work hours ;)
            Work hours are different everywhere in the world :-).

Comment

vbSEO will be useful. Good luck!
              I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                Don't worry Ray :). Everything should be resolved within a few hours. When you access WAB, you are routed through several servers on the internet, which will have accurate information on how to access WAB within the next few hours. Each time you access WAB you are routed through different servers, and the update times for WABs location will vary. Some of the servers will have the old information for up to a few hours.

It will be a gradual, but short process, and future increased performance ought to more than make up for it. :)
                Actually Ray Sir doesn't know it but all his internet access passes thru my PC. :)
                I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

Working...
                X