Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray #1 again - News Bot Executed

Fellow members,

Unfortunately, the activities of the News Bot were not in keeping with the Ministry of Propaganda's grand strategic vision in positioning Brigadier Ray as WAB's #1 poster.

Therefore we had no choice other than to send the News Bot to Room 101 for re-education. Unfortunately, the News Bot refused to cede the #1 poster spot back to the good Brigadier.

For this treacherous and heinous act, and for refusing to accept re-education, the WAB News Bot was summarily executed today at about 12PM GST. It was not a quick, easy death, as the process took approximately 15 minutes to complete.

As slow and torturous as the News Bot's demise was, the drawn-out execution can never do full justice to the pain and suffering on the part of the WAB community.

On behalf of the WAB staff,

Ironduke
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

May we all bow our heads for a moment of silence and pay our respects to the recently departed News Bot.

And now I say congratulations, Ray, on getting back your #1 status...You were always #1 with us!! :)
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

I must have been the only one regularly using the newsbot. I shall miss it.
      Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
        For this treacherous and heinous act, and for refusing to accept re-education, the WAB News Bot was summarily executed today at about 12PM GST. It was not a quick, easy death, as the process took approximately 15 minutes to complete.
        Drinks and light refreshments were served afterwards in the WAB's Lenin Room.
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by glyn View Post
          well..I also visited him from time to time...But I like Ray sir more! :)

Comment

Thanks MarquezRazor.

Nonetheless, the News Bot helped me to watch what is the latest around the world and alerted me to go searching for more.

It did have its value and I don't mind if it becomes #1, since it improves my information vista!

Long Live News Bot.

IED the Lenin Room!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

The principles behind the News Bot were not flawed -- it was the manner in which it operated.

In addition to vastly negative member feedback, the bot created statistic and thread count spam and skewing that was undesirable. There are much more efficient ways to use news feeds in an efficient manner that are minimally intrusive, non-spamlike and deliver much more relevant content for the benefit of forum members, such as a ticker or some other means of news delivery.

Though the short-lived feed was well-intentioned, it was in the end non-compatible with the overall needs and desires of our membership.
              "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

I object to the execution of the news bot! It would further create sects within WAB and from the google video execution footage Senior cleric Mullah Bluesman's name was shouted by the masked executioners! Clear indication of who was behind this killing and where the fate of WAB is headed! Justice was not served!

Comment

I think you should try RSS feeds...
                  A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

Ironduke has spoiled the lot you.....give 'em some cheese to go with that wine Top. They are never happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
                      Ironduke has spoiled the lot you.....give 'em some cheese to go with that wine Top. They are never happy.
                      I think we've still got a supply of cheese left.

While you're enjoying your snacks, I'd like to read a few articles from Izvestia and Pravda.
                      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
                        I am happy the Bot is gone. He bothered me from day one. All his yakking up there about Newsy things at the top of the important threads...like what we are all making for dinner tonight!!
                        "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

The bot is dead..long live the bot!

well..off to the lenin room for some KFC
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by glyn View Post
                            I used it everyday too - poor newsbot. I need to go and mourn
                            Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                              Drinks and light refreshments were served afterwards in the WAB's Lenin Room.
                              And what a room it is:) :)
                              In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Working...
                              X