interesting facts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interesting facts

The United States adopted ancient Indian catamaran-making technology to construct fast ships which were used with dramatic effect in the Iraq war. Among the equipment the Americans used to win the Iraq war were 100-feet catamaran ships to ferry tanks and ammunition from Qatar to Kuwait. The ships, built with technology adapted from ancient Tamil methods to make catamarans, can travel over 2,500 kms in less than 48 hours, twice the speed of the regular cargo ships, and carry enough equipment to support about 5,000 soldiers. Having a shallow draft, the boats can unload in rudimentary ports, allowing troops to land closer to the fight.

A glass-like material which cannot be detected by radar has been developed by Prof Dongre, a research scholar of Benaras Hindu University, based on technology found in an ancient Sanskrit text, Vaimanika Shastra. A plane coated with this unique material cannot be detected using radar.

When the city of Mohenjodaro was excavated by archaeologists, they found skeletons just lying in the streets, some of them holding hands, as if some great doom had suddenly overtaken them. These skeletons are among the most radioactive ever found, on a par with those found at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Ancient cities whose brick and stonewalls have literally been vitrified, that is-fused together, can be found in India, Ireland, Scotland, France, Turkey and other places. There is no logical explanation for the vitrification of stone forts and cities, except from an atomic blast.

The Arabs borrowed so much from India in the field of mathematics that even the subject of mathematics in Arabic came to known as Hindsa which means 'from India' and a mathematician or engineer in Arabic is called Muhandis which means 'an expert in Mathematics'.

In a recent report, UNESCO pointed out that out of 128 countries where Jews lived before Israel was created in 1948, only one, India, did not persecute them and allowed them to prosper and practice Judaism in peace.

USA based IEEE has proved what has been a century old suspicion in the world scientific community that the pioneer of wireless communication was Prof. Jagdeesh Bose and not Marconi.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

c'mon dude have a chill pill! , are you sure your not indian? ;)

none the less interesting.

USA based IEEE has proved what has been a century old suspicion in the world scientific community that the pioneer of wireless communication was Prof. Jagdeesh Bose and not Marconi.
    yep, like
    just Bose wrote a letter to einstein to tie up and produce the paper of bose-einstein theory, problem was bose didnt had the recognition to make his paper stand alone.

such thing still holds true for scientific community.
    Last edited by joey2; 10 Jan 07,, 21:49.

Comment

The link to this? if i may ask, i know someone who reads in BHUIT, might ask him/her to see if tht radar thing is true or not :d dunno how much i'll go.

Comment

what made you think i'm indian?

http://www.indpride.com/didyouknow.html
        "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

chillax bro nvm :)

that mohenjadaro remains being radioactive is true and is STUNNINGLY amazing......

Comment

seems like your interested in indian history check these too these are authentic sites,

http://www.archaeologyonline.net
            http://www.gosai.com/science/

in archeology site u'll find lots of interesting articles.

Comment

The US licenced the wave-piercing catamaran technology from Australia.

Tesla was already building radios in 1894. He didn't file his patent application until 1897, one year after Marconi.

This is what the IEEE has to say:
              During the years 1894-1900, Bose performed pioneering research on radio waves and created waves as short as 5 mm. Bose’s work actually predates that of Guglielmo Marconi who is most often associated with the development of radio. Unlike Marconi who sought to commercialize his work with radio waves, Bose was purely interested in radio waves as a scientific endeavor.
              I don't think Jews were particularly persecuted in America in the 1940's

There are plenty of materials that are not radar reflective. That doesn't mean you can coat something with them and the object then becomes non-reflective. Microwaves will pass right through fiberglass- but if you coat metal with fiberglass, the energy just penetrates to the metal and is reflected right back through the glass on the way out.

The business about radioactive skeletons is found only in "alternative" sources. e.g. I have seen no reputable scientific evidence of this. If it is claimed that it is a result from detonations thousands of years ago, you would only find certain decay products that require very specific assays. Even places like Hiroshima and Bikini Atoll are habitable today.
              "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

I dont know much about bose's wireless stuff but i was talking of Bose's works on solid state which he didnt get any light from international community community until he wrote to einstein and promoted as bose-einstein theory.

such things are still common today.

and hishsea radar stuff is HIGHLY suspectable :P i dont trust it by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by highsea View Post
                  I don't think Jews were particularly persecuted in America in the 1940's
                  Persecuted? No. Discriminated against? Yes.
                  I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Joey Sir. You are confusing 2 different people. Satyen Bose and JC Bose. JC did the work on wireless. Satyen Bose was the first to give a Quantum mechanic proof to the duality of mass and energy as postulated by Einstein. Based on his paper Einstein worked with him a few years and co published works.

Comment

Next thing I hear will be the internet was not invented by Al Gore but by India
                      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

The US licenced the wave-piercing catamaran technology from Australia.
                        Ok. I think what omon is trying to state is that Catamarans were first used in South India. They were basically small rafts; nothing like the advanced Catamaran ships of today; the word 'Catamaran' though is a Tamil word...
                        Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                        -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic View Post
                          ...the word 'Catamaran' though is a Tamil word...
                          meaning "logs tied together", or something of the sort. As you said, rafts.

That's a far cry from:
                          The United States adopted ancient Indian catamaran-making technology to construct fast ships which were used with dramatic effect in the Iraq war.
                          I'm pretty sure the HSV's weren't made by tying logs together...
                          "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Originally posted by Tronic View Post
                            Ok. I think what omon is trying to state is that Catamarans were first used in South India. They were basically small rafts; nothing like the advanced Catamaran ships of today; the word 'Catamaran' though is a Tamil word...
                            If you want to give someone credit for inspiring/anticipating modern cats, the Polynesians would probably be your best bet. They had actual long range, ocean going catamaran type boats, some of them armed with cannon.
                            I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

The business about radioactive skeletons is found only in "alternative" sources. e.g. I have seen no reputable scientific evidence of this. If it is claimed that it is a result from detonations thousands of years ago, you would only find certain decay products that require very specific assays. Even places like Hiroshima and Bikini Atoll are habitable today.
                              Until the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, modern mankind could not imagine any weapon as horrible and devastating as those described in the ancient Indian texts. Yet they very accurately described the effects of an atomic explosion. Radioactive poisoning will make hair and nails fall out. Immersing oneself in water gives some respite, though it is not a cure.

When excavations of Harappa and Mohenjo-Daro reached the street level, they discovered skeletons scattered about the cities, many holding hands and sprawling in the streets as if some instant, horrible doom had taken place. People were just lying, unburied, in the streets of the city. And these skeletons are thousands of years old, even by traditional archaeological standards. What could cause such a thing? Why did the bodies not decay or get eaten by wild animals? Furthermore, there is no apparent cause of a physically violent death.

These skeletons are among the most radioactive ever found, on par with those at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. At one site, Soviet scholars found a skeleton which had a radioactive level 50 times greater than normal. Other cities have been found in northern India that show indications of explosions of great magnitude. One such city, found between the Ganges and the mountains of Rajmahal, seems to have been subjected to intense heat. Huge masses of walls and foundations of the ancient city are fused together, literally vitrified! And since there is no indication of a volcanic eruption at Mohenjo-Daro or at the other cities, the intense heat to melt clay vessels can only be explained by an atomic blast or some other unknown weapon. The cities were wiped out entirely.

While the skeletons have been carbon-dated to 2500 BC, we must keep in mind that carbon-dating involves measuring the amount of radiation left. When atomic explosions are involved, that makes then seem much younger.

Interestingly, Manhattan Project chief scientist Dr J. Robert Oppenheimer was known to be familiar with ancient Sanskrit literature. In an interview conducted after he watched the first atomic test, he quoted from the Bhagavad Gita: "'Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.' I suppose we all felt that way." When asked in an interview at Rochester University seven years after the Alamogordo nuclear test whether that was the first atomic bomb ever to be detonated, his reply was, "Well, yes, in modern history."

Ancient cities whose brick and stonewalls have literally been vitrified, that is, fused together, can be found in India, Ireland, Scotland, France, Turkey and other places. There is no logical explanation for the vitrification of stone forts and cities, except from an atomic blast.

Another curious sign of an ancient nuclear war in India is a giant crater near Bombay. The nearly circular 2,154-metre-diameter Lonar crater, located 400 kilometres northeast of Bombay and aged at less than 50,000 years old, could be related to nuclear warfare of antiquity. No trace of any meteoric material, etc., has been found at the site or in the vicinity, and this is the world's only known "impact" crater in basalt. Indications of great shock (from a pressure exceeding 600,000 atmospheres) and intense, abrupt heat (indicated by basalt glass spherules) can be ascertained from the site.

i see it as physical proof, do you?

Comment

Working...
                              X