Block Letters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Block Letters

When I type EBR (all letters caps) in this post, it gets transformed into Ebr.

World Filter Problem ?
    Last edited by Shipwreck; 10 Jan 07,, 19:24.

Originally posted by Shipwreck View Post
    When I type EBR (all letters caps), it becomes Ebr.

World Filter Problem ?
    I noticed that, too, last week or so. Thought it was just to keep us from "yelling" at eachother.

NOT that any of us here at the WAB would do that!! ;)

EDIT: But I just did it and it worked! It worked!! :)
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Originally posted by THL View Post
      Thought it was just to keep us from "yelling" at each other.
      Yell filter ?

Comment

EDIT: But I just did it and it worked! It worked!! :)
        I am still trying to edit my post to get the acronym correct and it still doesn't work.

Perhaps this is because said post is about froggy stuff

Comment

A Filter To Keep Us From Shouting? It's Possible.

Ebr? Ebr. What Does Ebr Stand For?

You May Have Guessed That This Was A Test.

This Was Only A Test.

Oddly enough, one can capitalize WAB but you can NOT capitalize EBR...interesting...

Or actually you can! :)
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Hmm....

EBR.

That worked.

IT DOESN'T WORK WHEN THERE'S TOO MUCH CAPITALIZATION, I GUESS. ;)
            "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
              Hmm....

EBR.

That worked.

SOME AMOUNTS OF CAPITALIZATION ARE ALLOWED BUT TOO MUCH TRIPS THE "SENSOR" :)
              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Shipwreck - They don't know. They have no idea. LoL!! They may not come right out and admit it, though...

Kinda like asking TH for directions - I guarantee you, that when it comes down to it, You're going to have to go in and ask for the directions yourself. ;)
                "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

I did notice that there is the last active threads thing at the bottom of the main screen...never noticed that before. Pretty cool. :)

Comment

[QUOTE=TopHatter;326317]A Filter To Keep Us From Shouting? It's Possible.

From a defective memory it is (something like) Engins Blindes d'Recconnaisance. I bet the spelling is wonky, but it sounds rather like that, Hot Patter.
                    Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Kinda like asking TH for directions - I guarantee you, that when it comes down to it, You're going to have to go in and ask for the directions yourself. ;)
                      LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                        Hmm....

EBR.

That worked.

It doesn't work when you attach an image to the post :

1. Type a word with caps for all letters
                        2. Attach an image
                        3. Post

Caps is only retained for the first letter of the word.

Example in the next post.

Comment

Clown With Agenda
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by glyn View Post
                            Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                            From a defective memory it is (something like) Engins Blindes d'Recconnaisance. I bet the spelling is wonky, but it sounds rather like that, Hot Patter.
                            Not THAT defective, Glyn.

Actually pretty good compared with what Google returns for EBR =
                            Engin Blindé de Reconnaissance.
                            Last edited by Shipwreck; 11 Jan 07,, 01:50.

Comment

Title

Originally posted by Shipwreck View Post
                              When I type EBR (all letters caps) in this post, it gets transformed into Ebr.

World Filter Problem ?
                              Same problem with the title of a post : TITLE (all letters cap, no space) becomes Title.

Any solution out there ?

Comment

Working...
                              X