This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India Vs. China (borderline War)

Hi im new to this forum. My name is Michael. I just wanted to know what would happen in a borderline war between india and china. I am an american, but my parents are indian. I would appreciate it if anyone who is Chinese or Indian replies, he will not bash either ones country, just answer my question, if you are so kind.

Kontakt

You will have to read about past conflict (1962) and skirmishes (1967), that have taken place between India and China, to get an idea about the security concerns of these two nations. A lot of vital info has been kept secret by both the nations. I have been trying to study the reasons, policies and military history of both the govts that led to the past war. It is very difficult as most of the Chinese information is not in english, and being an Indian I have no access to a translator to read those documents, and a lot of Indian info is still secret.

However, ask some questions and I will try and do justice to them. Your present question is too general, be a little more specific. BTW I am Indian.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Hi lemontree i understand you were an officer in the Indian army. cheers!! anyway can you give me some info about the 1967 border skirmishes? what was the chinese motive then and what actually happened and what made them change their mind ? thanks
      Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by KONTAKT ERA
        Hi im new to this forum. My name is Michael. I just wanted to know what would happen in a borderline war between india and china. I am an american, but my parents are indian. I would appreciate it if anyone who is Chinese or Indian replies, he will not bash either ones country, just answer my question, if you are so kind.
        My view - A whole bunch of people are going to die over some bragging rights over a few pieces of rock that no one in their right mind would want. Which is precisely why both armies do not want a fight. The politicians, however, ...

Strictly from an academic PoV, the InA is in somewhat of a superior position than the Chinese. Not enough to conquer Tibet but enough to take the fight to the Chinese. Whether they can win is another question but the fight would not be on Indian territory.

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree
          Kontakt

You will have to read about past conflict (1962) and skirmishes (1967),
          can you provide some details of 1967 skirmishes.
          Jhingalala-Jhingalala, Hurr-Hurr!!! :eek:

Comment

nO, I DONT WANNA KNOW ABOUT THE PAST WARS, CAUSE I KNOW WHAT IT WAS LIKE. i WANT TO KNOW WHAT WOULD HAPPEN IN A CURRENT WAR BETWEEN THE TWO COUNTRIES, NOT THE POLITICS. I KNOW INDIA HAS A SLIGHTLY SUPERIOR ARMY, AND THE CHINESE ARMY IS MADE UP OF WEAK WEAPONS AND WELL DISCIPLINED FARMERS (THE ARMY IS HUGE THOUGH).

i TALK TO A LOT OF SOLDIERS, MAINLY COLONELS IN THE RUSSIAN AND INDIAN ARMY. THEY TELL ME INDIA WOULD WIN BY A LONGSHOT.

Comment

I doubt India would win "by a longshot", the terrain on the frontier is horrible so a quick and decisive war is almost impossible to achieve. Both countries would also be able to commit a lot of troops to the fight, since both have nearly indespensable human resources.
              Heavy weapons will also be hard to deploy because of the mountainous terrain and the Air Forces would also have a tough time, as well as tanks.
              So it will be mostly down to infantry, so expect a scenario similair to World War I.

Comment

I Dont Think India Or China Will Draft For A War. Its Not Going To Be A Long War, Because No One Will Advance Past The Competed Territory. But, Who Do U Think Would Win In The End? Like I Said Before The Colonels In The Russian And Indian Army Say India Will Win Due To The Better Training Of India's Soldiers. It Will Just Be A Series Of Firefights.

Comment

i think we have a troll here.

Comment

In the IAF vs PLAAf thread started by me ther was some discussion about the Possible Chineese strategy in case of war and the indian one. Though the indian troops might be better trained but i think the chineese hav an edge in cutting down the supply lines of the indian soldiers ( they have loads of Missiles to do the job while the indians are not hta good since prithvi has a pthetic range for china and agni';s induction isnt there in considerable numbers (missiles are usually produced only at 10-20 units a year. and agnis induction started recetly ). Though IAF is quite Potent but the chineese already ahve a lot of Air defence (in teh form of domestically produced derivative of S300 's) .In my opinion its gonna be a bloody war but we cant really decide which side will have an edge.In teh end it might depend upon teh strategies used by the generals of teh two forces which might tilt the war in any directions.

Comment

Though the navies cannot fight together due to their incapabilities to show power at faraway distances but the indian navy can disrupt the chineese oil supply lines. and can have an edge in the longer duration borderline war.The other source of oil for China is russia and i guess russians would prefer to keep their supply at teh same rate and not increase it (at least indians ca pose that much influence on russians).
                      If the war lasts for a few days it will be a now win situation but if there are continues low intensity border skirmishes then indians can use their trump card of blokcing chineese oil supplies to control the chineese.

Comment

In the eventuality of a conflict, it will all boil down to numerical superiority at the point of strike. The terrain in the Arunachal and Ladhak sectors is a little different. With respect to deployment of assets like armour etc.

It will basically be an infantry and arty war, with the air force of either side giving air support and hitting tactical and stratigic targets. Fighting in mountains will eat up a lot of troops on either side, and casualties will be enormous.

Indians could hit the rear echlons of the PLA by certain guerilla units specifically raised for those tasks, and cause considerable confusion.

But I doubt that it would be a decisive war.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by zulu
                          can you provide some details of 1967 skirmishes.
                          Zulu, google up on "Chola Incident", you will get some idea of the skirmish.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

who did u speak to. btw put more credit into your claims.-konkact era

guys. Which side will the kill ratio favour? I think India in the long run. The troops are no idoits and spent years training on terrian.

Comment

Originally posted by dabrownguy
                              guys. Which side will the kill ratio favour? I think India in the long run. The troops are no idoits and spent years training on terrian.
                              Its also the question if the objectives will be achived. The Indians had a better kill ratio in the Ladhak sector in the '62 conflict (we lost approx 156 or so dead; PLA cas unknown but 'believed' to be much more than ours). Be we did not win the war.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Working...
                              X