This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KONTAKT ERA
    ....BUT MOST OF THEM SAY INDIA WOULD WIN....
    Warfare can never be predicted, funny things happen on the battlefield which can make a side win or loose. The point is that today the conventional arms equation between India and China is such that neither will attempt a planned war. Frankly, today, India does not have an offensive capability against China, its only defensive, and similarly China too does not have the offensive capability against India that it had 42 yrs ago. Remember in mountains you require a ratio of at least 6:1 against the opponent to launch any offensive capability.

OoE and Ray will give you better discourse on the essentail elements of mountain warfare.
    Last edited by lemontree; 04 Nov 04,, 06:27.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Davis_Chan
      It's my pleasure to have conversation with you,you are a rational guy,Lemontree:)
      The feeling is mutual. The pic you posted above is either of the Longju or Khenzemane incidents in August 1959, when PLA troops (coy plus strength) surrounded InA section posts and asked them to leave. Its quite well known pic.
      Do you by any chance have more pics from the PLA about the border war, since our chaps were retreating (in the eastern sector) they did'nt fancy taking too many pics.

I think the Chinese support for the UNSC is mainly to strenghtenen understanding and to ensure that US and India do not "link up" for any anti-Chinese 'crusade' in the future either on Tiwan or any other issue that is of Chinese national intrest. Its a very good political/deplomatic move.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Actually China Has Weapons In A Ratio 10:1 Towards India. But, Their Weapons Are Pathetic. By The Way, Do U Know Thomas John. Hes A Para-trooper, A Captain. What Are U Anyways?

Comment

Actually China Has Weapons In A Ratio 10:1 Towards India. But, Their Weapons Are Pathetic. By The Way, Do U Know Thomas John. Hes A Para-trooper, A Captain. What Are U Anyways?
          I'm not aquainted with Thomas John. However, I was a Captain in the Indian Army, and have extensive experience in mountain/jungle warfare.

When you say 'weapons ratio of 10:1', what are you implying?..I'm talking in terms of infantry assets that have to be deployed in mountains to launch any offensive/defensive operation. Deployment of heavy weapons, without the ability to exploit the advantages on ground is of little use.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Well, Every 1 Indian That Will Be Up In The Mountains, There Will Be 5 Chinese. Say That It Would Be A Small Skirmish Of Mortars. Wouldnt The Chinese Pretty Much Destroy U Guys?

Comment

Oh Yeah, If U Dont Mind Saying, Whats Ur Name, And Are U A Staff Sergeant Of The Forum? Is It Just A Name, Or Does It Mean Something? Im Michael, Im 14 And I Live In The U.s. But My Parents Are Indian. India Is Really Gross Though, U Guys Need To Fix Ur Social Skills, Cause India Looks Like.....just Wow.....

Comment

I Mean, Tried To Look On The Better Side....i Really Did, But When I Started To Eat, And A Slumb Begger Comes Up To Me And Says " Blah Blah Blah", I Think Thats What He Said Even. I Wanted To Throw Up Man! No Offense But I Just Think U Guys Should Hand Over The 400,000 Slump People To The Paks. Say Its A Gift From Us To U. They Can Use Them For Target Practice In The Desert. Maybe Then Their Fighting Skills Will Pick Up. I Know Hwta I Just Said Was Brutal, But China Actually Is Doing The Right Thing With The Abbortion.

Comment

I Meant 400.000,000, Woops Sorry

Comment

Well, Every 1 Indian That Will Be Up In The Mountains, There Will Be 5 Chinese. Say That It Would Be A Small Skirmish Of Mortars. Wouldnt The Chinese Pretty Much Destroy U Guys?
                    No, its more like 2 Chinese against 1 Indian at present. Skirmish of mortars and arty is not simple as it was ages ago. There are gun locating radars that can locate the enemy mortar/gun locations and would destroy/silence/neutralize them. They can destory us with same ease as we can destory them.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Oh Yeah, If U Dont Mind Saying, Whats Ur Name, And Are U A Staff Sergeant Of The Forum? Is It Just A Name, Or Does It Mean Something?
                      The ranks in the forum depend on the number of posts that you have made here, it means nothing much.

Im Michael, Im 14 And I Live In The U.s. But My Parents Are Indian. India Is Really Gross Though, U Guys Need To Fix Ur Social Skills, Cause India Looks Like.....just Wow.....
                      Social skills improve with education. 70-80% of India is rural, we can't make them gentlemen and ladies over night. It takes time.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

I Mean, Tried To Look On The Better Side....i Really Did, But When I Started To Eat, And A Slumb Begger Comes Up To Me And Says " Blah Blah Blah", I Think Thats What He Said Even. I Wanted To Throw Up Man!
                        Then I suggest that next time you eat, please do so in a restaurant or cafe and don't eat from road side koisks. :)

No Offense But I Just Think U Guys Should Hand Over The 400,000 Slump People To The Paks. Say Its A Gift From Us To U. They Can Use Them For Target Practice In The Desert. Maybe Then Their Fighting Skills Will Pick Up. I Know Hwta I Just Said Was Brutal, But China Actually Is Doing The Right Thing With The Abbortion.
                        Those 400,000,000, people are my country men, who are not as previlaged as you have been. My sister and bother-in-laws live in the US, they keep asking me to move there. But I have refused, its my duty to contibute to the growth of my nation, however difficult and frustrating it may be.

When I faced the Pakistanis on the border it did for these slum dwellers as much as for the millionair sitting in his plush mansion. If the Americans were just as selfish then they would'nt have permitted you and my sister from making the US their home. With that argument the US/UK/Canada and other developed nations should stop giving social security to the unemployed poor, just leave them to beg on the streets (would'nt you say so!).

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

But China Actually Is Doing The Right Thing With The Abbortion.
                          China is doing nothing of that sort. They had the one child norm earlier as they had a huge population problem - more mouths to feed means more money. But now they are rethinking that as the present population is aging and there are few young people to work. A nation is built and defended by its young not the old.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

ARE U KIDDING, THEY WOULDNT DARE TO FIRE BALLISTIC MISSILES! if THEY WOULDE THE U.S. WOULD JUMP IN FASTER THAN U CAN SAY "CAT IN A HAT." I TALK TO INDIAN, RUSSIAN, AND AMERICAN COLONELS. I DONT WANT TO PROVIDE U WITH NAMES, BUT MOST OF THEM SAY INDIA WOULD WIN. INDIAN SOLDIERS ARE WELL TRAINED ON THE TERRIAN, MUCH BETTER THAN THE CHINESE. CHINA MAY HAVE WEAPONS IN A 10:1 RATIO TOWARD INDIA. BUT U HAVE TO REMEMBER ITS THE MOUNTAINS, U CANT JUST FIRE THEM RAPIDLY. THE WHOLE WAR WOULD CONSIST OF FIRE FIGHTS AND SMALL ARITLLERY. TO TELL U THE TRUTH, I DONT REALLY THINK EITHER BORDERLINES ARE EXTREMELY PROTECTED. THEY ARE BOTH SO LARGE, AND TREACHEROUS.
                            Well, Son, I was a Canadian Forces Lieutenant-Colonel and Ray here was an Indian Army Brigadier and we've had these conversations all over the place, including with my American and British Allied senior officers and general officers. Not to say you're lying but your understanding is extremely limited to the point of falsehood.

Are the Indians better trained? Possibly but that doesn't allow them to overcome logistical hurdles that is pretty well damned treacherous. You're fighting the terrain as much as the bad guys. A fighting man needs two gallons of water a day regardless of conditions if he is to maintain top performance. No one is going to haul around that much water on foot.

Also, you have an extremely limited understanding of weapons. Chinese weapons pathetic? Would you like me to take a shot at you from 100 metres away with a Chinese weapon? Is the INAS rifle better than the Type-90 Bulpup? Maybe but is the the Type-90 good enough for me to drop a man at 100 metres. Yeah, that it is.

Comment

i still cant digest taht chineese have infantry/artillary superiority of 10:1 over the indians.Sounds real dangerous for the indians.

Comment

Originally posted by ajaybhutani
                                i still cant digest taht chineese have infantry/artillary superiority of 10:1 over the indians.Sounds real dangerous for the indians.
                                ajay
                                Micheal is a 14 yrs kid, please don't take his military related comments seriously. He reminds me of myself, at 14 (after reading Commando comics and some mil history) even I thought that I was a 'Heinz Guderian'. :)

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Working...
                                X