Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When was the last time your country was invaded by a foreign army?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZFBoxcar
    American territory was taken.
    Philippines?

Comment

Yep

Comment

Originally posted by Gio
        Philippines?
        Attu and Kiska Islands, Alaska
        "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

I'm ethnic Chinese and I moved to Canada a few years ago. China was last invaded by the Japanese in WWII, and were driven out some time between 1945-1946. Canada was last invaded by the Irish Fenians in 1866.

Comment

Originally posted by pinetreescanada
            China was last invaded by the Japanese in WWII, and were driven out some time between 1945-1946.
            No, they weren't.

Comment

Yah they got Massacred by the Soviets;)

Comment

how big an army does it have to be? there are mexican incersions all the time in the US. and im not just talking about illegal imigration.
                Whoever is unjust let him be unjust still
                Whoever is righteous let him be righteous still
                Whoever is filthy let him be filthy still
                Listen to the words long written down
                When the man comes around- Johnny Cash

Comment

I guess there are no real rules to this. If the Mexican army invaded the US recently then that would definitely count. If a bunch of mexican drug smugglers/ gang members crossed the borders with guns, that might be more a police issue than an "invasion" unless they were trying to change the border. Did you have something specific in mind?

Comment

Originally posted by Kipruss
                    I guess there are no real rules to this. If the Mexican army invaded the US recently then that would definitely count. If a bunch of mexican drug smugglers/ gang members crossed the borders with guns, that might be more a police issue than an "invasion" unless they were trying to change the border. Did you have something specific in mind?
                    mexican military members entering america in small groups shooting at american helicopters, or border patrol agents, mostly believed to be involved in covering drug and people smuggling operations, but where definitly acting in a military fasion.

http://www.desertinvasion.us/info/tancredo_stmt1.html
                    http://www.sierratimes.com/02/05/23/araz052302.htm
                    http://www.warriorsfortruth.com/borderpatrol.html
                    Last edited by Donnie; 07 Nov 04,, 18:26.
                    Whoever is unjust let him be unjust still
                    Whoever is righteous let him be righteous still
                    Whoever is filthy let him be filthy still
                    Listen to the words long written down
                    When the man comes around- Johnny Cash

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                      No, they weren't.
                      Well the Nationalists were gaining a few victories here and there in 1944-5. Many historians say we would've driven them out without the atomic bombs.

Comment

Well the Nationalists were gaining a few victories here and there in 1944-5. Many historians say we would've driven them out without the atomic bombs.
                        You better give me the name of those historians because all the history I know points to the fact that Chiang Kei-Shek and Mao Tse-Tung were not interested in fighting the Japanese. They knew that once the US got involved, Japan was going to lose sooner or later, and both were getting ready to fight each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                          You better give me the name of those historians because all the history I know points to the fact that Chiang Kei-Shek and Mao Tse-Tung were not interested in fighting the Japanese. They knew that once the US got involved, Japan was going to lose sooner or later, and both were getting ready to fight each other.
                          At the end of the war Stilwell persuaded Chiang to retrain and rearm his 30 divisions and stop relying on the 90 hellcats that the USAAF contributed. Chiang then started to pick off Japanese positions slowly until the war ended. The communists did what they can as well. Of course facing the Japs headon meant certain death so they fought guerilla tactics here and there, ambushes etc...

Comment

At the end of the war Stilwell persuaded Chiang to retrain and rearm his 30 divisions and stop relying on the 90 hellcats that the USAAF contributed.
                            And the Chinese did extremely well in Burma under Stillwel's command but that was the limit of it. CKS was husbanding his strengths to fight Mao. In fact, Stillwel's reference to CKS was "The more a monkey climbs, the more you see of his behind." CKS and Stillwel hated each other.

Chiang then started to pick off Japanese positions slowly until the war ended.
                            Nothing that was hurting the Japanese any. Suggest you do some more reading.

The Soviet Army Offensive: Manchuria, 1945 and see just how unprepared CKS actually was.

Comment

right. I also made a mistake it's the 14th Airforce's 90 P-40 Curtiss.

Comment

By China in 1969.

Comment

Working...
                                X