X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We may have to import journalists

'We may have to import journalists'
    TIMES NEWS NETWORK[ FRIDAY, JANUARY 05, 2007 02:10:57 AM]

NEW DELHI: The prime minister’s media advisor Sanjay Baru has expressed concern over the shortage of good journalists in the country.

Inaugurating the fourth batch of Times School of Journalism in the Capital on Thursday, Mr Baru said; “There is a dearth of good journalists in the country.

A time may may come when we may have to start importing journalists from overseas.” He was saying that in context of a report published in The Times Of India on the demand for expat pilots.

Advising the batch of 21 aspiring journalists, Mr Baru said that one should try and spend atleast three years of their journalistic career in news reporting.

“It makes one a good journalist and gives insight to become a good editor in future too,” he said. He also advised them to make their reporting interesting by associating it with the masses.

The Times School of Journalism conducts a one year PG diploma in Journalism which contains an internship of six months with the Times Group publications.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Some finally did realize the need to lift the KG journalism standard in India.
    If at first you don't succeed, call it v1.0!

Our journalists are not that great in factual reporting.

Our newspapers are owned by business houses and political parties. Rare is an independent newspaper.

They have all become tabloids. Hardly any serious commentary or balanced reporting is done. The Hindu from Chennai is possibly an exception.

Therefore, no amount of training will change the situation.

Maybe I could be wrong too!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Whoa there Sir!

Thats your avatar speaking at the Saddam execution thread..;)

Comment

One thing I am sure ..we should go for Russian or French journalists with Full ToT and 30% offsets...

Comment

ROTFLMAO

The female kind!!
          Karmani Vyapurutham Dhanuhu

Comment

Working...
          X