What's everyone reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's everyone reading?

It's tmie agian for the semi regular thread where everyone lists the booms they're reading and what they plan to read in the near future.

I'm almost done with Cobra II and next up is Ghost Wars: The Secret History of the CIA, Afghanistan, and bin Laden, From the Soviet Invasion to September 10, 2001 and Charlie Wilson's War.

Stephen King
    WW2 History and read Soviets Tactics
    ANYOTHER BOOKS I GET MY HANDS ON
    If You Smell Sh%T Then You Know You Really Stepped In It This Time!!

Comment

I just finished WEB Griffins new novel "The Hunters". I am in the middle of "Disaster at D-Day" by Peter Tsouras, reccommended by someone on the WAB.
      Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
      (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

I actually stopped reading Ghost Wars because I wanted something a little lighter so I'm rereading David Poyer's The Passage for the about the third time.

Comment

Guests of the Ayatollah.

Clemente: The Passion and Grace of Baseball's Last Hero

Comment

Quicksilver, Confusion and The System of the World, for the second time.
            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Hitler - Nemesis, 1936 - 1945 by Ian Kershaw
              Welcome, you step into a forum of the flash bang, chew toy hell, and shove it down your throat brutal honesty. OoE

Comment

Am I the only one here reading Calvin and Hobbes?
                "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Penthouse, christmas edition. lots of nice articles.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                    Am I the only one here reading Calvin and Hobbes?
                    I think its just assumed that we are reading Calvin and Hobbes.

Comment

Einstein..In his own words

Comment

On the to-read list this semester (besides college books):

Infotopia: How many minds produce knowledge
                        War Made New
                        War and Peace
                        Flags of our Fathers
                        More stuff...can't remember it?
                        "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

Edward Gibbon’s The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire Volume VI

Comment

"Age of Faith", by Will Durant.

Comment

We-ll......

My text books on endocrine systems and clinical neuropsychology; papers on andrenaline junkies; more papers on GIS and crisis management; then various books on investigations, such as rape, such as fire, such as using drugs in crime; my scuba texts, books on cave and ship diving, Clive Clusser's books on underwater archaeology; youth prostitution in eastern europe; a James White sci fi book (Space Litter); a book on combat surgery, another one on burn centers; then one on Tito; one by Dr. Nielsen, the doctor who had cancer down in Antarctica (IceBound) ........ to name a few. I'm sure there are others around my place, opened, with a book mark in them. Such as the one of the two missionary women rescued in Afghanistan. Or modern Pirates in the southern seas or one on Hitler's personal security (the last two are by the john).

And then like Ray said:

"WAB!

I wish it were not such an addiction and I had more spare time!"

How very true. I spend too much time here.
                              -----------------------------------------
                              ("How can you read one book upside down?"--Mr. James
                              "Mr. James, have you ever read three books at once?"--Mathew Brock
                              "No,"
                              "Well, I have. Don't tell me how to do it.", (wtte), "NewsRadio")
                              Last edited by SnowLeopard; 25 Jan 07,, 09:44.

Comment

Working...
                              X