No announcement yet.

What's everyone reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Big K;377544]i wonder if Sven Hassel's books are true or fiction?

i've read all of them, great novel but what about the truths?

do anybody know something about this?

Pulp fiction I'm afraid using the Third Reich as the canvas. Very superior fiction of that period has been written by H.H.Kirst.
    Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

• The Great War for Civilisation : The Conquest of the Middle East - Robert Fisk
      Education is the best provision for old age - Aristotle

Comment

• Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy. Loved the games, book is pretty good too.
        "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

• Winnie the Pooh . . 5th time
          If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

• Dostoevsky's Notes from the Underground and re-reading John Keegan's The Second World War.
            All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.
            -Talmud Kohelet Rabbah, 7:16.

Comment

• I have just picked up a copy of Olson's "Tales from a Tin Can".

Big K, I read Hassell's novels when young and enjoyed them though later I worked out that they were somewhat "gung ho".

Jonathan

Comment

• Harry Potter..I've already read up to the 6th book "the halfblood prince"..though i don't own any just borrow from a friend..
                sigpic

Comment

• Hi
                  I am threading Third World War by Humphry Hawksley, About a fictious events in asia which leads world into war
                  Keyboard is mightier than gun

Comment

• im reading "Red Army" by Ralph Peters, its about a soviet attack of West Germany, it shows the battle only from the soviet perspective, which makes it pretty interesting.

leib10, rainbow six is a good book and a damn good game to boot, i got vegas a coupla months ago, i love it.
                    die, no0b

Comment

• Originally posted by leib10 View Post
                      Rainbow Six by Tom Clancy. Loved the games, book is pretty good too.
                      yess it is a great book but its games are not user friendly.
                      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

• 'for one more day' by Mitch Albom

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

• Amazon.com: The Undercover Economist: Exposing Why the Rich Are Rich, Why the Poor Are Poor--And Why You Can Never Buy a Decent Used Car!: Books: Tim Harford
                          "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

• Today I picked up a copy of "Stalin's Ghost" by Martin Cruz Smith. It's been a while since he's published anything. His book "Gorky Park" and the subsequent movie are only time I've seen the dialogue on the screen match the book verbatim.
                            Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                            (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

• Originally posted by sappersgt View Post
                              Today I picked up a copy of "Stalin's Ghost" by Martin Cruz Smith. It's been a while since he's published anything. His book "Gorky Park" and the subsequent movie are only time I've seen the dialogue on the screen match the book verbatim.
                              "Gorky Park" was a great book Sarge,I didn't even know about his new one,thank you very much:) .
                              "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• I was trying to read and understand a 1040X (IRS amendment) and wondering if padded cells are as comfortable as they say they are.

Then my wife made a 10 minute phone call to Fresno IRS and straightened the whole thing out.
                                Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

Working...
                                X