No announcement yet.

What's everyone reading?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carlyon's "Great War" and Lundstrom's "Guadacanal ( sic ) and the First Team". I continue to pour over my growing Friedman collection.

Jonathan

Comment

The Damage Done by Australian Warren Fellows - his story of 12 years in a Bangkok prison following a conviction for possession of heroin in 1978. Seems like the Thai's do things the right way with regard to drugs and the condition of their prisons!

Comment

'Die Ottonen'Amazon.com: Die Ottonen: Königsherrschaft ohne Staat (Kohlhammer Urban-Taschenbücher): Books: Gerd Althoff
        >Facit Omnia Voluntas<

Comment

the deecline of man

Originally posted by xerxes View Post
          Edward Gibbon’s The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire Volume VI
          in the 60 the A-bomb we think the end man-kind
          tnow we KNOW automobiles is pollution the end man-kind
          our world leaders sit do nothing burn oil
          T-ford and off-spring killing GLOBAL WARMING
          that called progress I think roman way is better

Comment

Comment

Are you on any other forums by the name xerxes88 or 89 or something like that?

Comment

15 short stories for English 1302,
                Physics 1304 (Astronomy),
                College Algebra 1314,
                Concert Choir (working on several pieces of English & Latin songs),
                Private Voice (probably 1 Italian & 1 English songs).
                In the immortal words of Socrates, "I drank what!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by jame$thegreat View Post
                  Are you on any other forums by the name xerxes88 or 89 or something like that?
                  No sir, I refuse to register on a forum if the name - xerxes - is not available

Comment

Just finished "Step On A Crack" by James Patterson with Micheal Ledwidge. Starting "Along Way Gone-Memoirs of a Boy Soldier" by Ishmael Beah
                    Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                    (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Went to the book fair,got some books.

1.Collection of Hercule Poirot short tsories by Agatha Christie.
                      2.War and Peace Leo Tolstoy.
                      3.2 volumes of Jules Verne.

Started reading Agatha Christie,(first time)but I like Sherlock Holmes wayyyy better.

Comment

Just about!

"Lexikon der gesampten Therapie"

Both volumes. Liberated - if you will - from a recent trip to Riga. Sick Nazi bastards. Who knew they had so much venerial disease. Even in '35. Dirty perverts!
                        Where's the bloody gin? An army marches on its liver, not its ruddy stomach.

Comment

halfway through guerrilla warfare by che guevara
                          die, no0b

Comment

Harold Coyle

Tuesday is when the new books come out at Barnes & Noble. Today I picked up Harold Coyle's (with Barrett Tillman) new novel Pandora's Legion, It's been a while for anything new by him, I'm looking forward to reading it.
                            Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                            (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Comment

"Khrushchev's Cold War" by Aleksandr Fursenko and Timothy Naftali. A great read. Unfortunately, the research access given to these writers has been reduced by the Putin government for future writers/researchers of the Cold War.

Next on deck for me:
                                "1491" By Charles Mann. "New revelations of the Americas before Columbus."

"Mornings On Horseback" by David McCullough. "The story of an extraordinary family, a vanished way of life, and the unique child who became Theodore Roosevelt." Everything I've read by McCullough so far has been excellent.

"The End Of Barbary Terror" by Frederick Leiner. "Americas's 1815 war against the pirates of North Africa."

Comment

Working...
                                X