Type 052C vs. Aerligh Burk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To: [Praxus]

I'm not going to argu with you on your first point because there is no proof of either one of us's claims.

With the S-300 point, note that I've mentioned that the HHQ-9 will contain properties of S-300PMU (when they say contains the properties from my point of view, they mean that the HHQ-9 is based on the PMU but not exactly the same) NOT S-300, there is a difference. globalsecurity.org claimed that the S-300PMU has a range of 150-200kM. I don't know much about the SM-2MR but I do know its numbers are not as good.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...a/s-300pmu.htm

To the YJ-83, here is what globalsecurity and many other American sources and Chinese sources says.

China fired a YJ-83 anti-ship cruise missile from a JH-7 fighter-bomber in November 2002 over Bohai Bay, off northern China. The test of the new cruise missile demonstrated twice the range US intelligence agencies initially estimated. The estimated range of the YJ-83 had been assessed to be about 75 miles. The new missile test showed that its range is about 155 miles [250 km]. The YJ-83 is believed to be a derivative of the C-801 anti-ship cruise missile but can travel at supersonic speeds, making it very difficult for ships to stop. The YJ-83, sometimes called the C-803, also has the capability to receive target information in flight, and will probably be outfitted on the upgraded JH-7a fighter-bomber.
    http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...hina/c-801.htm

I don't think I need to say more.
    "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed" - President Eisenhower

Comment

I'm not going to argu with you on your first point because there is no proof of either one of us's claims.

With the S-300 point, note that I've mentioned that the HHQ-9 will contain properties of S-300PMU (when they say contains the properties from my point of view, they mean that the HHQ-9 is based on the PMU but not exactly the same) NOT S-300, there is a difference. globalsecurity.org claimed that the S-300PMU has a range of 150-200kM. I don't know much about the SM-2MR but I do know its numbers are not as good.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milit...ia/s-300pmu.htm

To the YJ-83, here is what globalsecurity and many other American sources and Chinese sources says.
      SM-2MR has a range of 190km and the SM-2ER has a range of around 300-360km.

In order for the YJ-83 to hit a Carrier this is how many layers of defense it has to go through.

1.) SM-2ER
      2.) SM-2MR
      3.) ESSM
      4.) PHALANX in Carrier Group
      5.) PHALANX on Carrier

A massive barage of even 75-100 missiles will be for the most part ineffective.

A carrier group if it filled half it's VLS cells with ESSM could knock out in theory 1300 cruise missiles(This is assuming Three Destroyers, Three Cruisers per Carrier group).
      Last edited by Praxus; 09 Sep 03,, 03:38.

Comment

"oh I see, so what's the difference between the 30X173mm and the STD 30mm?"

The Warsaw Pact 30mm rd is much smaller than the 30x173mm, as is the NATO std 30mm.

The 30x173 was designed to kill tanks, and has approxomately 80% more muzzle energy and 40% more muzzle velocity than either the NATO or WP 30mm std.

"and is there something special in the 30X173 that stops the Chinese from using it?"

You need to design a new gun for it(THe GAU-8/A is 22 feet long and wieghs 3200lbs loaded. It is a massive weapon.)

The Chinese use the Russian standard ZSU-30 rotary cannon as the basis for the 730, and it fires the WP 30mm std round.

30x173mm is also much more powerful than the NATO 30mm standard round. It is only fired by three guns, the GAU-8/A, GAU-13 and ASP 30mm. All other 30mm cannons in Western use fire the 30mm NATO standard cartridge.

Comment

To: [Praxus]

so are you saying that 4 air defence ships each will carry at least 325 missiles?

oh and plus that not everyone of your missiles will hit and your radars cannot react fast enough to target 1300 missiles anyways.

globalscurity claims that your SM-2ER has only a range of "65-100 nautical miles (75-115 statute miles)" what 300-350 KM?

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...tions/sm-2.htm

Please prove your points, your last post in considered to me baseless and useless. If you are going to continue this, I suggest you to tell me first so I don't have to bother read.

Thank you.
          Last edited by UnitedDiversity; 09 Sep 03,, 20:42.
          "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed" - President Eisenhower

Comment

SM-2ER's range is 130 nm.

Whether Global Security agrees or not, that's the approxomate range.

"so are you saying that 4 air defence ships each will carry at least 325 missiles?"

A single Tico CG can, if it chooses, embark as many as 512 ESSM.

A Burke can carry as many as 384 ESSM.

Comment

Hey, UD, I'd suggest you calm down before you get shot down...
              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Ah, UD's OK.

Comment

globalscurity claims that your SM-2ER has only a range of "65-100 nautical miles (75-115 statute miles)" what 300-350 KM?
                  The SM-2ER numbers aren't there only the SM-1ER is on that. Notice how it is below SM-1ER and not SM-2ER.

Comment

To: [bigross86]

actually I've never been not clam on a forum for a long time. And being shot down? seems fun.

Comment

Working...
                    X