Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Year Eve Plans?

Anyone?
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Flanagan's Irish Pub in Dunedin, Florida.

Corned beef and cabbage, Bass Ale, and all the songs we can shout.

I expect that by sun-up, there will be some throwing up, at least one eye blacked, no money left, an addition to an already-colorful arrest record, new friends, unexplainable lipstick on the collar, missing garments and a reputation for wolf-whistling at whatever well-turned ankle catch the eye.

And that's just my wife! I bet I can find some fun, too.

Comment

My brother and his family are here with us and so are my daughters and their husband and children.

We are going to have a big bash at a five star hotel out here called ITC Sonar Bangla!

My brother and his folks have had to buy their clothes and other stuff since their luggage seems to have been misplaced by the British Airways at Heathrow when they were changing planes!
      Last edited by Ray; 29 Dec 06,, 18:37.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

I'm going nowhere!
        maybe in a small farmhosue in a pot smoking ocntest! lol :P

my dad has got invitation from swabhumi, dunno if he'll go or not.
        on christmas got invitation from hastings!
        damn he does nothing interesting these days still gets invitation through friends.

I would have went to Tantra or some like that but sigh sadly my frnd is goin out of town.
        lets c if i can manage a deal in 11th hour!

Comment

Will go out for a bit with my gf..and then come back to study..

Comment

Originally posted by MarquezRazor View Post
            Will go out for a bit with my gf..and then come back to study..
            Is that what you kids are callin' it these days?;)

Comment

New Yearz Eve? Washint that (hic) lasht (hic) nite? No wonder it (hic) it (hic) wasch so (hic) lonely at the (burp) Legion (burp) Hall.

S'cuze me (burp), gotta go (hic) to the (hic) bath (hic) bath (hic) bathroom.
              Able to leap tall tales in a single groan.

Comment

I think just a quiet evening with a couple of friends.

-dale

Comment

Originally posted by joey View Post
                  I'm going nowhere!
                  maybe in a small farmhosue in a pot smoking ocntest! lol :P

my dad has got invitation from swabhumi, dunno if he'll go or not.
                  on christmas got invitation from hastings!
                  damn he does nothing interesting these days still gets invitation through friends.

I would have went to Tantra or some like that but sigh sadly my frnd is goin out of town.
                  lets c if i can manage a deal in 11th hour!

This post indicates you are a Calcutta (Kolkata) based chap!

What small farmhouse? In Singur?

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
                    This post indicates you are a Calcutta (Kolkata) based chap!

What small farmhouse? In Singur?
                    Joey - Watch it....Sounds like maybe Ray is planning on bringing his family to join you. ;)

Originally posted by Dale
                    I think just a quiet evening with a couple of friends
                    I used to like to go out, but at some point I got old(er). I have acquired a cold over the last few days. All this kept in mind, I would prefer to spend a quiet evening at home as well. Maybe go out to dinner first. A stop at Blockbuster perhaps. Then swing by my moms to drop mini-me off and back to my apt it may be. My only hope is that I can ingest enough sore throat fighting remedy to beat this cold off by late this evening.
                    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Originally posted by Ray View Post
                      My brother and his family are here with us and so are my daughters and their husband and children.

We are going to have a big bash at a five star hotel out here called ITC Sonar Bangla!

My brother and his folks have had to buy their clothes and other stuff since their luggage seems to have been misplaced by the British Airways at Heathrow when they were changing planes!
                      I remember a hotel called the Great Eastern is it still around??

The wife and I, a few friends, drink beer, crown, watch the ball drop.... go to bed eventually!!

Comment

Texas,

It is there and is closed down.

I believe someone is going to re-start the show!

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

I'm going to go to my girlfriend's home. Hang out, watch some movies, have some dinner, just enjoy each other's company. I've been looking forward to this for awhile now.

I hope you all have as nice a New Year! :)
                          No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                          I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                          even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                          He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by THL View Post
                            I used to like to go out, but at some point I got old(er). I have acquired a cold over the last few days. All this kept in mind, I would prefer to spend a quiet evening at home as well. Maybe go out to dinner first. A stop at Blockbuster perhaps. Then swing by my moms to drop mini-me off and back to my apt it may be. My only hope is that I can ingest enough sore throat fighting remedy to beat this cold off by late this evening.
                            Yeah, my dad left me his cold for an Xmas gift while he was here, so hopefully it's gone by Sunday. If so, I think it's a perfect night for Rifftrax. MST3K fans will relate.

-dale

Comment

Why 'should' anyone feel they have to do something special on that date? Christmas and the New Year are holidays for all and the opportunity for friends and family to be together.
                              Semper in excretum. Solum profunda variat.

Comment

Working...
                              X