Who won the vice-presidential debate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who won the vice-presidential debate?

A few days late, but who do you think won, Cheney or Edwards?
    Cheney
    55.56%
    Edwards
    44.44%
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Originally posted by Ironduke
    A few days late, but who do you think won, Cheney or Edwards?
    Why isn't there a "tie" option?

Comment

Originally posted by Julie
      Why isn't there a "tie" option?
      There's no "tie" option on an election ballot either. :)

On a serious note, if you feel both candidates did equally well, but one debated better at the issues important to you, cast a vote for that one.

Comment

I have to say Edward won simply beause Chenney was expected to win the debate and he did not.

But VP at this point is not relevent, it did not have any impact on the polls, even though according to AP polls Kerry now leads Bush by a margin of 50 to 46.

Comment

Hmm, i didn't know anyone was expected to win.

Comment

Originally posted by turnagainarm
            I have to say Edward won simply beause Chenney was expected to win the debate and he did not.

But VP at this point is not relevent, it did not have any impact on the polls, even though according to AP polls Kerry now leads Bush by a margin of 50 to 46.
            I think Cheney did an outstanding job, in fact, almost all of the polls carried out after the debate placed him as the winner (CBS the exception). One thing he said that he was attacked for after the debate, that he had never met John Edwards, hurt his standing a little later, but John Edwards had no response to what the veep said, so obviously Edwards couldn't remember ever meeting with Cheney at that moment. :)

The CNN/USA Today/Gallup carried out today places both Bush and Kerry at 49-49, Time Magazine's latest poll has them at 45-45, and the CBS News/New York Times poll has them at 47-47. I think the VP debate did well to stem the damage resulting from the first debate and the second presidential debate will give Bush a slight lead over Kerry.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke
              I think Cheney did an outstanding job, in fact, almost all of the polls carried out after the debate placed him as the winner (CBS the exception). One thing he said that he was attacked for after the debate, that he had never met John Edwards, hurt his standing a little later, but John Edwards had no response to what the veep said, so obviously Edwards couldn't remember ever meeting with Cheney at that moment. :)
              Are you sure about that? Other than the ABC poll which Cheney won by 42 to 35 ( 38% repoublicans and 31% democrats in the sample), I remeber checking CNN/MSNBC/CBS/AOL polls all were won by Edwards.

The CNN/USA Today/Gallup carried out today places both Bush and Kerry at 49-49, Time Magazine's latest poll has them at 45-45, and the CBS News/New York Times poll has them at 47-47. I think the VP debate did well to stem the damage resulting from the first debate and the second presidential debate will give Bush a slight lead over Kerry.
              Yes, and Associated Press polls shows Kerry leading Bush by 50 to 46.

Comment

Originally posted by Gio
                Hmm, i didn't know anyone was expected to win.

According to Pundits given the vast amount amount of experience Cheney had and the fact that he had convincingly won his last debatre against Liberman, he was expected to win against a greenhorn first term senator like Edward.

That did not happen. Edward stood his ground well, dished pretty much as good as he got and while doing that did not look or sound meanm. When Cheney gets into attack mode he looks and sounds mean. Half way through the debate his voice also became quite thick as if he had a frog stuck in this throat.

In fact other than the ABC poll, Edward won in CNN/MSNBC/CBS/AOL poll.

Comment

Online polls are more meaningless than regular polls.
                  No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                  I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                  even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                  He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Working...
                  X