Donald Trump Has Disappointed Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donald Trump Has Disappointed Me

I cannot believe this bubble head gets to keep her crown! She broke rules that are clearly spelled out - "No Underage Drinking". She and Barbie are suppose to be role models for thousands of little American girls and what they see now is that if you breech a contract and party till daylight, you get to keep your crown anyway. I think she should have been dethroned.

NEW YORK (AP) -- Miss USA Tara Conner, who had come under criticism amid rumors she had been frequenting bars while underage, will be allowed to keep her title, Donald Trump announced Tuesday.

"I've always been a believer in second chances," Trump, who owns the Miss Universe Organization with NBC, said with Conner at his side.

Trump said he and Conner had met earlier Tuesday morning.

"She left a small town in Kentucky and she was telling me that she got caught up in the whirlwind of New York," Trump said.

"It's a story that has happened many times before to many women and many men who came to the Big Apple. They wanted their slice of the Big Apple and they found out it wasn't so easy."

Conner won the title in April and has been living in New York. Recent media accounts of heavy drinking brought a storm of criticism, since she was underage at the time. She turned 21 on Monday.

In a tear-choked voice, Conner said, "In no way did I think it would be possible for a second chance to be given to me."

Turning to Trump, she said, "You'll never know what this means to me, and I swear I will not let you down."

Trump said Conner would be entering rehab.

If she had been dethroned, her title would have been taken over by first runner-up Miss California Tamiko Nash.

Conner, a 5-foot-5 blonde, has been competing in pageants since age 4. After winning the Miss USA title in April, she finished fourth in the Miss Universe pageant in July.

"I am an easygoing, down-to-earth girl," Conner said in her contestant profile. "Throughout my life, hardships and different experiences have made me a very humbled, yet strong individual. It is because of these life lessons that I have become the person I am today."

Miss USA is considered a role model, and her conduct must reflect that, Miss Universe Organization spokeswoman Lark-Marie Anton said last week. Behavior such as underage drinking is clearly prohibited, she said.

In 2002, Miss Russia Oxana Fedorova won the Miss Universe pageant but was stripped of her title after violating her contract. Trump said Fedorova didn't show up for some photo shoots and charity events. It was the first time a titleholder had been ousted in the contest's more than 50-year history.

Fedorova denied she was fired and said she gave up the title voluntarily.

Donald Trump Has Dissapointed Me
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Oh I was watching that too. I so wanted a "You're fired".

She was being owned by the media persons when Trump stood up and bailed you out. Didn't you feel that all the crying was just an act? She cried then, then her crying went into Pageant mode, "I like to say sorry to trump, that woman, my mom, my fans". Then a minute or two later she was smiling about stuff.

She wouldn't even qualify answers about the cocaine tests. Yes or a no.

She's not just a small town girl. They said she's been in the pageant business since she was 4. And did this very seriously since she was 13. She might be a nice person despite all this, but the message this goes out is bigger than catering for her feelings/career.

Comment

I want to see the video of Miss USA making out with Miss Teen USA
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
        LMAO that's exactly what I was thinking.

Hmm...

Underage drinking? Check!
        Cocaine use? Check!

Did we miss anything? Nope.

Let's keep her on as a role-model. That's exactly what young girls need these days.

After all, it's not like they don't see enough wonderful behavior from Lindsey Lohan, Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, Nichole Richie, Tara Reid....did I miss any?
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
          Indeed!

What I found odd is that they were showing various clips of her at various functions as Miss USA... and she looked like she had rolled out of bed and put on whatever she found lying on the floor in most of them. I'm not really sure what purpose a Beauty Queen is supposed to serve, but you'd think she should look the part when appearing officially. She just looked like some random girl who happened to be wearing a white satin sash with "Miss USA" on it.

As for the underage drinking, hot lesbian action, and cocaine habit... well, she's over 21 now, going into rehab for the cocaine, and I have no objections to hot lesbian action.
          Simple Machines in Higher Dimensions

Comment

I wonder what it costed her to keep her crown. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
              I wonder what it costed her to keep her crown. ;)
              She just handed out copies of her lastest feature film
              "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Originally posted by THL View Post
                She just handed out copies of her lastest feature film
                With Ms.Teen USA?
                A grain of wheat eclipsed the sun of Adam !!

Comment

How do I get the DVD????

Comment

IMO she didnt do anything that "shocking" she acted as a normal teenager. I wouldnt say she was a great role model but come on, what teenager is?

Comment

Originally posted by jame$thegreat View Post
                      IMO she didnt do anything that "shocking" she acted as a normal teenager. I wouldnt say she was a great role model but come on, what teenager is?
                      The ones that live up to being called Miss USA are.

Comment

IMO all these misses are wayy overrated.

Ever heard their answers in the Q&A section? They are asked about the world and they seem so dumb, if they are smart they just give a generic answer that they have been muggin up since they were 10.

I bet if we had a WAB pageant it would make things more interesting :D

Comment

Originally posted by Asim Aquil View Post
                          I bet if we had a WAB pageant it would make things more interesting :D
                          Well gosh, what are you trying to say?....we're boring? We are better than watchng C-Span aren't we? And, er....what kind of a pageant?

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
                            And, er....what kind of a pageant?
                            String bikini pageant of course.
                            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                              String bikini pageant of course.
                              Why TH - I had not figured you for the type to wear a string bikini, but if that's what you're into, I say go for it!

Comment

Working...
                              X