No announcement yet.

Donald Trump Has Disappointed Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miss USA is considered a role model, and her conduct must reflect that, Miss Universe Organization spokeswoman Lark-Marie Anton said last week. Behavior such as underage drinking is clearly prohibited, she said.
    LOL - Yes, dress pretty, say inconosequential platitudes, be seen as an adornment. Great role model if you are in the Victorian age.
    at

Comment

Originally posted by Trooth View Post
      LOL - Yes, dress pretty, say inconosequential platitudes, be seen as an adornment. Great role model if you are in the Victorian age.

Comment

If Rosie wants to be the moral compass she should stop her mindless rants and run for a "something or other" beauty title herself. Then she will see how popular she really isn't. Donald is and always has been in it for the money and to stroke his fragile ego. It seems everyone knows this except Rosie O, or as I call her, the poster girl for Midol. I don't care for what either Donald, or Rosie says and I think the world would be far better off if both were gagged.
        Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

The only thing either has going for them is money. If it weren't for that, nobody would be listening, or looking for that matter, since both of them is on the u-g-l-y side. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by kmchugh View Post
            Ascending to the soapbox:

I think the whole incident clearly demonstrates just how off track so many people, particularly Americans, are.

In the long run, what is the real impact of Miss USA, or Miss Universe, or any other pagent? I'd submit the impact is zero, or at least it should be. There is so much in this world which SHOULD demand our attention and study, yet we waste time on this kind of foolishness.

I hate to say it, but we rely on others to act as role models for our kids way too much. In doing so, we ignore those who have the greatest impact on our kids, the parents. They are, for good or bad, the real role models. By calling Miss XXXX a failed role model, we abdicate our own responsibility to be the model after which our kids are going to ultimately follow.

Considering the important issues, both domestic and international, we all face today, this frivolity should have rated a paragraph or two in the back pages at most. Yet it occupies a majority of our attention. In the end, who really cares?

It is a reflection of exactly how much power we give people for no better reason than they have some ability or appearance that makes them famous. George Clooney is a fair actor, and Barbara Streisand has a magnificent voice, but that is all they have. Neither has the education or brains to really have any workable answers for the problems we face, yet we give them the bully pulpit to tell us what to do. Worse, many of us actually listen to them as though they are some kind of expert.

Off my soapbox.

Kevin McHugh

But I still want to see the video.
            Karmani Vyapurutham Dhanuhu

Comment

Originally posted by THL View Post
              I cannot believe this bubble head gets to keep her crown! She broke rules that are clearly spelled out - "No Underage Drinking". She and Barbie are suppose to be role models for thousands of little American girls and what they see now is that if you breech a contract and party till daylight, you get to keep your crown anyway. I think she should have been dethroned.
              To my way of thinking the problem is that we expect beauty pageant contestants to be the role models for young girls.
              Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Comment

Working...
              X