I'm off to Italy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm off to Italy

Title says it all, I'm all set for a 6 day break at Tuscany pretty soon, in fact I'm waiting for the taxi right now. Itinerary will include Pisa, Florence, Livorno and perhaps a few other cities (if we find the time). Staying at what looks like a pretty decent hotel, though ya can only tell when you've been there yourself. First time to Italy so am really looking forward to it, I'll try to come on some time if I get the chance (other half permiting)

Wish me luck!

Have a great time! I was just there 3 months ago (the thread should still be around). Florence is the best city ever! So many great clubs/bars, hot women, etc. Just be careful crossing the street, Italy doesn't believe in traffic lights or stop signs.

Comment

Heheheh, I'm not really into clubs myself (anymore). Prefer the more relaxed casual atmosphere of a wine bar or resturant. Heard a lot about general traffic anarchy, but with my past experience in Lahore during summertime should help me deal with that :)

Okay I better be off..

Comment

Have a ball.

Watch out for the traffic and pickpockets (Fagin's folks)!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Have fun, be careful, and be good!
          No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
          I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
          even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
          He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Bon voyage!! Have a good time. In fact, I'm going on school trip there in June or so.
            Am out of town for a while and then have tons of work coming up at school. Will be back once that's all done.

Comment

Well I came back home friday afternoon after a seriously long delay on the plane, was stuck in cramped conditions of a 737.

Italy itself was overall an amazing place. The people were really friendly, although couldn't speak a word of english. That was more of a problem in regions of Tuscany less visited by tourists, such as Livorno.

Pisa was great, as was the general Tuscan countryside. Was staying close to the student area, so felt much more at home and was able to mingle with them.
              Florence was ok, but was a disappointment - I had much higher expectations.

You guys were right, traffic was pretty chaotic, but what I didn't expect was the extremely narrow footpaths, parts of which you had to resort to single file walking.

That's all that comes to mind, and I'm currently sifting through my digital camera's memory and

And the girls were really hot, I don't think I saw a single fat Italian girl the whole time I was there.

Comment

Welcome back! Glad you had a good time. ;)
                No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Working...
                X