Identify the military equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Identify the military equipment

The rules are simple. Identify the miltary equipment in the pic. If you guessed right you get the turn to post a pic and ask a question. Ill start with this pic. Identify the submarine,plane and the incident.
    Attached Files

Well, the plane's a Viggen. No idea on that sub, maybe one of the Guppy's?
    "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Whiskey on the rocks, 1982 Harsfjarden, Sweden, Karlskrona naval base grounded soviet sub S-363/U-137 (Whisky class).
      Last edited by zraver; 17 Dec 06,, 20:32.

Comment

^^^Don't think so, this is U-137:
        Attached Files
        Last edited by highsea; 17 Dec 06,, 21:06.
        "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

I want to know what tank this is. I think it's an M48 derivative, but haven't found a match:

The black flag is raised: Ban them all... Let the Admin sort them out.

I know I'm going to have the last word... I have powers of deletion and lock.

Comment

Originally posted by STIG View Post
            The rules are simple. Identify the miltary equipment in the pic. If you guessed right you get the turn to post a pic and ask a question. Ill start with this pic. Identify the submarine,plane and the incident.
            USS Seawolf, Stockholm Archipelago late 82?
            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
              Whiskey on the rocks, 1982 Harsfjarden, Sweden, Karlskrona naval base grounded soviet sub S-363/U-137 (Whisky class).
              you got it. your turn :)

edit: And the plane is viggen.

Comment

Originally posted by STIG View Post
                you got it. your turn :)

edit: And the plane is viggen.
                Really? the photo you posted and the one Highsea posted look like two totally different subs, unless the one you posted is going backwards at good speed...

Leibniz

Comment

Here on the other hand is the Seawolf

Oop, but then the bow doesn't look right, does it

Leibniz

Comment

well my source says its a u 137.

maybe i should have posted this pic

Comment

Oh I believe you, it's just the sale doesn't look the same...

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by Horrido View Post
                        I want to know what tank this is. I think it's an M48 derivative, but haven't found a match:

Taiwanese CM11

Comment

Is that a modified M-48? Brand new turret on updated chassis?
                          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                            Is that a modified M-48? Brand new turret on updated chassis?
                            That's why it's still throwing me fits, as all the CM11 photos I've seen are upgraded M48 turrets on M60 hulls, resembling the original M60 tanks. The CM12s are upgraded M48 turrets on new M48 hulls.

OoE, do you have any more information on the program in the above pic?
                            The black flag is raised: Ban them all... Let the Admin sort them out.

I know I'm going to have the last word... I have powers of deletion and lock.

Comment

Sorry, Gents, didn't take a closer look until now (actually didn't take a good look at all). It's a photoshop

Original photo here

http://www.mnd.gov.tw/eng/discover/army/CM11.htm

Comment

Working...
                              X