Just For Men - Gray Hair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backwards

I had a few grey hairs when I was eighteen. You know, back when you had to be eighteen to drink and twenty one to vote! Now more salt than pepper. I shaved the beard when it grew a white streak down one side.
    Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
    (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

32 years old, started graying on the sides a few years ago.
      Hairline is receding and thinning in the back a few years ago as well.

What the hell is this, some kind of sick joke??
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I don't care about going grey. My problem is losing hear up top. Pretty soon I'll look like the doctor from Star Trek Voyager.
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
          32 years old, started graying on the sides a few years ago.
          Hairline is receding and thinning in the back a few years ago as well.

What the hell is this, some kind of sick joke??
          Just wait until your beard starts to look like some urban camo pattern, black, grey, white. :))
          Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
          (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

Originally posted by sappersgt View Post
            Just wait until your beard starts to look like some urban camo pattern, black, grey, white. :))
            Uhhh...toss in some red and that's mine .
            "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Graying again and again

This is really cute
              Still, I amaze myself having gone through graying hair many times.
              First at 21, when I took the high stress midicine finals exams!! It turned black again in 6 months.
              Second time around, it was cold terrain high altitude, hard water, and snow caps 24x7 that probably caused the graying. Turned black on returning to plains.
              Third time around during post-graduation/post-doctorals..... this time recovery was incomplete.
              Final graying... started at 38.... now nearly 25% gray (at temples 100%) and thinned hair and receding hairline at 42!!!
              So what does the doc say... avoid stress and smoke .
              Primum non Nocere

I would have everie man write only what he knows and no more - Montaigne

Comment

Not Yet

I'm 52. No dye or any of that crap. Still have a lot of my hair but thinning slowly on top and a decent crown in back. Washed and combed, though, without having to push it here and move it there-not half bad.

Flecks of gray on the sides, an occasional small rope on my head (weird and wild) and my beard is damned gray-but I've always shaved except when I don't, if that makes sense. That's it. Weight's good but if I don't watch what I eat and fail to exercise, that changes quickly. Had a sinus infection in 2004 but, short of that, I haven't seen a doc since 1998. Don't care to either.

Doin' well for a past life of luxuriant sin. Natch, like a house of cards, I'll fall apart and die within a month. (Knock on wood).
                "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

I've noticed the first grey hair a couple of years ago but it only can be seen if you are really close to me. It's not the biggest hair problem I should say. I've lost plenty of hair due to bad shampoo. I never dyed my hair, the only product I used is hair gel for better fixation (something like this). I don't think that grey hair is bad, some people even look more stylish with grey hair.

Comment

Working...
                  X