Just For Men - Gray Hair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jame$thegreat View Post
    My father is 48 and his hair is almost frosted gray. It actually looks really good and he has the hairstyle that you see on the older men in clothing catalouges so i guess i have that to look forward to. No balding on my dad's side of the family, my uncle had a thick, full head of hair until he died at about 85 so i can expect little to no hair loss. sorry to make some of you old timers feel bad lol
    I know exactly the cut you mean - and you are right, it does look good on most older men :)
    "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Platinum white hair and east Indians look silly. I have a bu++face and look like laughing Buddha, so I have gone for the Buddhist monk cut that suits me fine. Combing is of course redundant.

Comment

Originally posted by jame$thegreat View Post
        My father is 48 and his hair is almost frosted gray. It actually looks really good and he has the hairstyle that you see on the older men in clothing catalouges so i guess i have that to look forward to. No balding on my dad's side of the family, my uncle had a thick, full head of hair until he died at about 85 so i can expect little to no hair loss. sorry to make some of you old timers feel bad lol
        Male pattern baldness is inherited from the female side. If your maternal grandfather is bald, so shall it be for thee muu hahah muahahaha
        In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by parihaka View Post
          Male pattern baldness is inherited from the female side. If your maternal grandfather is bald, so shall it be for thee muu hahah muahahaha
          Oh, ya know, Parihaka - Just go ahead and blame women for yet something else, why don't you. Like we don't get blamed for enough.

;)
          "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Originally posted by THL View Post
            Oh, ya know, Parihaka - Just go ahead and blame women for yet something else, why don't you. Like we don't get blamed for enough.

;)
            Blame? Heavens no, just don't complain when your well tufted significant other suddenly turns into yoda
            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

Not always, depends on which chromosomes you inherited from who. The X-chromosome from your mom could include scalp and hair traits from your grandmother rather than your grandfather. They had a documentary on baldness, and one of the researches commented that he had a mix of red and black hair (can't remember what he inherited from who), but that when he matured, ALL the red hair fell out, so he thanked his lucky stars he still had a set of thick black hair. lol

As for me, I've clocked 30, with substantial gray at the sideburns and top of my forehead. Still have pretty much all of my hair. The gray's been comming in since early-20's, a lot from stress. My Norwegian great grandfather was gray by 32, and mine's really washing-out fast throughout.
              The black flag is raised: Ban them all... Let the Admin sort them out.

I know I'm going to have the last word... I have powers of deletion and lock.

Comment

Blame? Heavens no, just don't complain when your well tufted significant other suddenly turns into yoda
                I cannot remember the last time I had a well-tufted significant other. Well, unless you count Max the cat. ;)

Comment

I've noticed those with brown or black hair go gray quicker than those with blond or red hair.
                  It's probably the contrast that gives the appearance of going gray quicker, white hairs are more easily hidden in red or blond hair.
                  "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Men who bald from the front are thinkers, those bald from the top are considered sexy, and those fully bald...think they are sexy !!

;)
                    Primum non Nocere

I would have everie man write only what he knows and no more - Montaigne

Comment

Incidentally, I did not know that it was medically possible... but I have grayed and turned darker hair again couple of times, greying directly related to high stress examinations !! Once in the 20s and then during Ops.
                      Primum non Nocere

I would have everie man write only what he knows and no more - Montaigne

Comment

my frnd is 18 and he got some grey hair lol.
                        he uses "Methi", its a natural dye which makes hair red.

wayyy better than anything artificial and its used in middile east, also is used in israeli marriages.

my dad says grey hair doesnt loks good but silvery does sometimes.
                        like in case of sashi tharrors hair he ghot a bit of grey tinge, it looks good on his personality.

Comment

Go to a salon and you will be a changed man/ woman! :)

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

I'm 19, and no gray hairs yet!
                            The idea of wilderness needs no defense; only more defenders.
                            -Edward Abbey

Comment

26, really dark black hair, and no greys - My entire family seems to have an unusual amount of resilience to greying, my father only started seeing them at 36, he's 52 now and it hasn't taken a full hold yet (about 3/4).

Conversely, none of us have balded either.
                              Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative.
                              - John Stuart Mill.

Comment

Hmmm.....43yrs old,dark brown and auburn kind of wild mix with a few grey hairs coming in and a face with a brown,red,grey beard only a mother grizzly could love.....courtesy of a lifetime of exposure to the wonderful Michigan weather;) .
                                "Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves, therefore, are its only safe depositories." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                                X