Established 1981
    London School of Islamics
    An Educational Trust
    63 Margery Park Road London E7 9LD
    Email: [email protected]
    www.londonschoolofislamics.org.uk
    Tel/Fax: 0208 555 2733 / 07817 112 667

Chastity Crusade

An American Christian group is visiting Britain to preach sexual abstinence to teenagers. It is going to persuade them to wear a “chastity ring” on their wedding fingers. It is very difficult to find a virgin teenager in modern British society. Abstinence is the only way to stay disease and pregnant free. The group’s message would be irrelevant to most teenagers who are mature enough to lose their virginity at 14 or earlier. Silver Ring Thing is selling chastity rings for £10.00 to discourage teenagers from premarital sex.

The movement was founded in 1995 by Denny Pattyn in the United States. He calls today’s teenagers “the cesspool generation”. The UK has the second highest teenager pregnancy rate in the Western world. Over a million young Americans have already taken the Silver Ring Pledge. The British Humanist regards it the latest cranky Christian concept from America and has the full support of George W Bush with one million dollars as part of his campaign to replace sex education.

Western society is really un- interested in having sex free life before marriage. A Headmistress has condemned parents who allow their teenage daughters to wear skimpy clothes. Thousands of high street chemists are to be told they may be allowed to sell the morning-after pill without prescription to girls under 16.

Islam condemnation of permissive society is actually quite attractive to many who are concerned by the frightening growth of sexually transmitted diseases and break down of stable family structures. Muslim pupils need state funded Muslim schools with Muslim teachers to develop Islamic Identity. The new UK independent Party Euro MP said that business should not employ women of child –bearing age. We talk about the promiscuous society that relegates sex to a self-gratifying experience and refuses to acknowledge that self-control and having only one sexual partner for life might halt STD. In Afghanistan 99.9% of teenagers are virgin. The reason is that all teenager girls leave homes wearing Afghani Burkhas. There is no mix gathering. They attend single sex schools. They marry as early as possible. If the teenager girls start wearing Afghani Burkhas or Jilbab, I am sure that they are not going to lose their virginity before marriage. The other alternative is the wearing of Jilbab. The success of chastity crusade will depend on the number of teenagers leaving homes for schools with Jilbab or Afghani Burkhas.
    Iftikhar Ahmad
    Please let us know if you want to be removed.

Originally posted by Iftikhar
    In Afghanistan 99.9% of teenagers are virgin. The reason is that all teenager girls leave homes wearing Afghani Burkhas. There is no mix gathering. They attend single sex schools. They marry as early as possible. If the teenager girls start wearing Afghani Burkhas or Jilbab, I am sure that they are not going to lose their virginity before marriage. The other alternative is the wearing of Jilbab. The success of chastity crusade will depend on the number of teenagers leaving homes for schools with Jilbab or Afghani Burkhas.
    Iftikhar Ahmad
    Please let us know if you want to be removed.
    You people need to understand , that burkhas dont really mean no sex and sexuality.and seperate schools only lead to more sexual frustrations. education helps , and sex is a very essential need for men and women of certain age , just like food is.

here in india we did not have burkhas , but Sita was the summit of chastity(spell ?) . Kannagi , is another example.i always guessed it had to do something with the mind , not your appearance.
    see you fight for chastity , i have no problems , but why bring burkha and stuff ?
    islam is good fine dudes, but it isnt the only good thing.

Comment

I don't think any type of clothing, be it a burkha or a skimpy dress has anything to do with chastity per se.

It is upto the individuals.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

In Afghanistan 99.9% of teenagers are virgin. The reason is that all teenager girls leave homes wearing Afghani Burkhas. There is no mix gathering. They attend single sex schools. They marry as early as possible. If the teenager girls start wearing Afghani Burkhas or Jilbab, I am sure that they are not going to lose their virginity before marriage. The other alternative is the wearing of Jilbab. The success of chastity crusade will depend on the number of teenagers leaving homes for schools with Jilbab or Afghani Burkhas.
        Iftikhar Ahmad
        That may actually explain why homsexuality is so rampant among the Pashtuns.

Results of girls remaining virgin is that most of the boys get sodomoised.

Comment

"Allah be Praised, Sahib is a virgin" as the old Frontier joke goes. ;)

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

In Afghanistan 99.9% of teenagers are virgin.
            by this number, I asume you mean "unmarried teens."

I'm not trying to be cynical, but I find that percentage unrealistic. Can you site a source, Iftikhar? I'd be interested to read that.

The reason I find it hard to believe that only .01% of teen girls in Afghanistan aren't virgins is because not all teen girls there are of the beliefs you are, and your percentage does not account for rape. I don't believe Afghani Burkhas prevent rape any more than full snow suits do.

I'm not trying to argue your values, just trying to understand some of your points.
            Insanity is doing the same thing over and over
            and expecting a different result.
            Albert Einstein.

Comment

Here try and understand this:

Requiem for Ateqeh Rajabi
              Maryam Namazie

Sixteen-year-old Ateqeh Rajabi was publicly hanged in the city centre in Neka in the northern Iranian province of Mazandaran on 15 August for "acts incompatible with chastity" after having been arrested a few months earlier for having sexual relations [Amnesty International]. She had no attorney at any stage of the farce.

During the "trial", she expressed her outrage at the misogyny and injustice in society and "judicial" system and even removed some of her clothing. The lower court "judge" was so incensed by her protestations that he personally put the noose around her neck after his decision had been upheld by the "Supreme Court".

In some reports on her execution, Ateqah has been labelled "mentally incompetent".

I suppose it could be nothing but madness that drives a 16 year old to rage against the system. That drives Zahra Kazemi to take photographs in front of Evin prison. That drives Shahla Jahed to scream out in "court" against the torture she had faced and her execution order. That drives Maryam Ayoubi to rage against her stoning order.

I suppose it must be madness that brings hundreds of women to the streets of Iran on International Women"s Day to burn the hejab, that makes tens of thousands "improperly" veil despite the arrests and fines and harassment.

Pure madness?

Reading that Ateqeh was mad reminds me of the innumerable protesting women deemed mad for their centuries. But dear readers, there is one difference.

It is not sweet 16 Ateqah who is mad for her century but the regime that has just brutally ended her life

Comment

Originally posted by tarek
                Here try and understand this:

Requiem for Ateqeh Rajabi
                I understand that it begs for reform.
                Insanity is doing the same thing over and over
                and expecting a different result.
                Albert Einstein.

Comment

Working...
                X