Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iran to start fashion line for stone throwers and whippers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iran to start fashion line for stone throwers and whippers!

http://www.iranfocus.com//modules/ne...hp?storyid=125

In a previous topic, shia forummers argued that the mullahs and ayatollahs of iran are representative of shia islam. I wonder, is this what shia islam is about? Fashion designing for stone throwers and whippers?
    Brahma Sarvam Jagan Mithya
    Jivo Brahmaiva Na Aparah

Hello? Can I get a reply here?

It has been argued before that the Ayatollahs of Iran do not teach anything against Shia Islam since they are its leaders. That means that since Ayatollah Khomeini wants to start a fashion line for stone throwers and whippers, this must be a part of Shia Islam too!
    Jivo Brahmaiva Na Aparah

Comment

I have to stop and wonder if you asked at least 100 Shiite Muslims, if they would unanymously agree that the Iranian Mullahs are representives of Shia Islam.

As a Sunni, I cannot hold Saddam in his former glory on the same or similiar pillar.

Comment

"The 16-year-old girl, Ateqeh Sahaleh, was publicly hanged in the city center on Sunday, Aug. 15, in the town of Neka. The sentence was issued by the head of Neka's Justice Department and subsequently upheld by the mullahs' Supreme Court.
        At her trial, the teenager had no lawyer, and her family's efforts to recruit a lawyer were to no avail.
        Ateqeh personally defended herself. She told the religious judge, Haji Rezaii, he should punish the main perpetrators of moral corruption, not the victims. After her execution, Judge Rezai said he had her killed for her "sharp tongue."

OK fine.

The article does not tell what was the crime of this girl.

Surely, it can't be because she has a 'sharp tongue'.

Does not appear a true report.

Nobody can be so stupid as to execute for a 'sharp tongue'.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

ray

see my last post in "Chastity crusade" -- more info in my post in the "Khatami.."thread on the mideast board

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
            "The 16-year-old girl, Ateqeh Sahaleh, was publicly hanged in the city center on Sunday, Aug. 15, in the town of Neka. The sentence was issued by the head of Neka's Justice Department and subsequently upheld by the mullahs' Supreme Court.
            At her trial, the teenager had no lawyer, and her family's efforts to recruit a lawyer were to no avail.
            Ateqeh personally defended herself. She told the religious judge, Haji Rezaii, he should punish the main perpetrators of moral corruption, not the victims. After her execution, Judge Rezai said he had her killed for her "sharp tongue."

OK fine.

The article does not tell what was the crime of this girl.

Surely, it can't be because she has a 'sharp tongue'.

Does not appear a true report.

Nobody can be so stupid as to execute for a 'sharp tongue'.
            Ray, this is very much a true article. In fact, Amnesty International even has a report on this incident:

http://web.amnesty.org/library/index/engmde130362004
            Jivo Brahmaiva Na Aparah

Comment

The co-defendant of Ateqeh Rajabi, an unnamed man, was reportedly sentenced to 100 lashes. He was released after this sentence was carried out.

As a party to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, Iran is bound not to execute child offenders. Both treaties provide that capital punishment shall not be imposed for offences committed by persons under 18 year of age at the time of committing the offence.
              (from the Amnesty International report Roshan linked us to)

A couple of questions:

1. Is this actual Iranian law that "acts incompatable with chastity" are punishable by death for a girl but not for a man and how does this fit in with Muslim beliefs in general (origins - is this strictly Shia Islam or a judge taking liberties with a vague law?)

2. What action is taken, if any, when a country violates the treaty mentioned here?
              Insanity is doing the same thing over and over
              and expecting a different result.
              Albert Einstein.

Comment

here is a press release describing what occured to Ateqeh Rajabi.

Iranian Press Service

Faced with domestic and international outcry of dismay, the authorities said the young girl was “mentally incompetent”.

However, informed sources revealed that Ms. Ateqeh was sentenced to death by the judge, a cleric, because during the "trial", she expressed outrage at the misogyny and injustice in the Islamic Republic and its Islam-based judicial system.

“The lower court judge was so incensed by her protestations that he personally put the noose around her neck after his decision had been upheld by the Supreme Court”, the sources reported.
                (from the article)

If this is true, Ateqeh Rajabi, in my opinion is a freedom fighter, and a hero. Her name and picture should be posted all over the world, with her story, and her final plea for sanity. Sure the courts want to declare her insane.
                Albert Einstein.

Comment

Originally posted by mostlymad

If this is true, Ateqeh Rajabi, in my opinion is a freedom fighter, and a hero. Her name and picture should be posted all over the world, with her story, and her final plea for sanity. Sure the courts want to declare her insane.
                  I have the same opinion as you for the girl. I can now see why they wanted to execute her. Simply because she threatened the iron-fist rule of the clerics. Thats the last thing they want as they want total control of the muslim population. I hope that ASS burns in hell.
                  "It is a little knowledge of science that makes you an Atheist, and it is an in-depth study of science that makes you a believer in God Almighty". [Sir Francis]

Comment

1. Is this actual Iranian law that "acts incompatable with chastity" are punishable by death for a girl but not for a man and how does this fit in with Muslim beliefs in general (origins - is this strictly Shia Islam or a judge taking liberties with a vague law?)
                    The Quraan says : (on page 183/184 of the A.Yusuf Ali Translation of the Quraan)

“If any of your women are guilty of Lewdness,
                    Take the Evidence of Four reliabe witnesses/sources from amongst you against them.
                    And IF THEY TESTIFY , confine them to houses until death do claim them, or God ordain for them ANOTHER WAY.”

[Holy Quraan = 4:22]

The ANOTHER WAY, is later given on verse 24 ( profit revealed it a while later) as a 100 lashes. The option is given then to women to choose their punishment if they confess and/or are proven guilty.

If they don't testify and you don't have enough evidence, the practise was for them to then swear an oath by god to punish them in the afterlife if they had committed a sin. It is another belief in Islam that what you get punished for on Earth, you don't get punished for in the hereafter. And the punishment in the hereafter is much worse. If we were punished on the Earth for Everything we did, then there would be no need for the day of judgement. So the day of judgement is for people who did something wrong and did not get punished for it on the Earth.
                    Thus you CANNOT punish a lady on a suspicion. You have to have proof, or leave it for judgement by god on the 'day of judgement' .

It also says a little later, (0.5 a page)

“God accepts the repentence of those who do evil in ignorance, and repent soon afterwards, to them will god turn in mercy for god is oft forgiving most merciful.”

So my conclusion is that Iran is following their own twisted rules and claiming it is islamic to exert some kind of control over their population.

The sharia however has some stupid rule about stoning them to death. They could be following along the lines of this.....

2. What action is taken, if any, when a country violates the treaty mentioned here?
                    The leaders must be *****-slapped

Just kidding. Anyway, I hope its not sanctions because like Iran has sanctions already.
                    Last edited by Nisaar; 19 Oct 04,, 12:50. Reason: Forgot something to add
                    "It is a little knowledge of science that makes you an Atheist, and it is an in-depth study of science that makes you a believer in God Almighty". [Sir Francis]

Comment

BTW, that new lime colour I used to highlight that verse kinda reminds me of the taste of my Gillette lemon and lime shaving foam. Yum

Though it kinda like makes my stomach sore afterwards. My Head and other parts of my body too if my mum catches me eating it
                      Can you believe it, I'm like a grown man and she still hits me. Then again, how many grown men eat their shaving cream. Hey maybe we should have a poll ?

Comment

Shame man, that girl really looks innocent in that picture on the site. Just 16.

Comment

Originally posted by Nisaar
                          BTW, that new lime colour I used to highlight that verse kinda reminds me of the taste of my Gillette lemon and lime shaving foam. Yum

Though it kinda like makes my stomach sore afterwards. My Head and other parts of my body too if my mum catches me eating it
                          Can you believe it, I'm like a grown man and she still hits me. Then again, how many grown men eat their shaving cream. Hey maybe we should have a poll ?
                          Nisaar, this is very disturbing. I shall lose a great deal of sleep over it. :)
                          Albert Einstein.

Comment

Nisaar, this is very disturbing. I shall lose a great deal of sleep over it. :)
                            I guess us mullahs are a bit strange...... :)

Comment

what's a "mullah?" I'm probably the only person on this forum who doesn't know.
                              Albert Einstein.

Comment

Working...
                              X