• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MRM Tank Round

http://www.atk.com/homepage/features/mrm-03-08-07.htm

Very interesting.

Comment

Is it a dream of guided missle, launching from the tank main gun become truth? :D :D

.... Russians have them more than 30 years ago... :roll:

... but it's one great difference: this shell is the kinetic energy and might have the great speed, must greater, than often Russian guided HEAT shell ... and it's also only for medium range engagement :roll: ... not for all ranges, as Russian ... :roll: ...he-he 2 billions dollars ... nice price for that piece of shit....M21sniper ... you've been raved again :D :D :D

Comment

Originally posted by Mayh3M
        Is it a dream of guided missle, launching from the tank main gun become truth? :D :D

.... Russians have them more than 30 years ago... :roll:
        Yes, but Russian missiles are wire guided, meaning you can't fire-and-forget.

Originally posted by Mayh3m
        ... but it's one great difference: this shell is the kinetic energy and might have the great speed, must greater, than often Russian guided HEAT shell ... and it's also only for medium range engagement :roll: ... not for all ranges, as Russian ... :roll:
        It doesn't need to be all ranges. M1A2 can liesurely stroll accross the battlefield, not worrying about anything, get in range and fire.

Originally posted by Mayh3m
        ...he-he 2 billions dollars ... nice price for that piece of sh*t....M21sniper ... you've been raved again :D :D :D
        Jesus Chr!$t, Snipe! When is this guy gonna be f**kin banned already?
        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Is it a dream of guided missle, launching from the tank main gun become truth? Very Happy Very Happy

.... Russians have them more than 30 years ago... Roll eyes

... but it's one great difference: this shell is the kinetic energy and might have the great speed, must greater, than often Russian guided HEAT shell ... and it's also only for medium range engagement Roll eyes ... not for all ranges, as Russian ... Roll eyes ...he-he 2 billions dollars ... nice price for that piece of sh*t....M21sniper ... you've been raved again Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
          Russian ATGM's don't go Mach 4 when they hit the target, nore can they hit a target 16km like this peice can, nore can they fire non-line of sight like over a hill.

This will be used for long range engagments, short range will be regular APFSDS round and they are making a long range shell that can go father then the MRM.

Comment

".... Russians have them more than 30 years ago... "

So did the Americans.

Ever heard of the Sheleliegh ATGM?

Apparently not...

Comment

Ever heard of the Sheleliegh ATGM?
              ... do not overestimate the characteristics of such shell ... SVD-Target, you know, that was one of the unluckiest attempt to copy the Russian "Kobra" complex... :roll: ... thos "Sheleila" was only in old M60 tanks, that had no chances agaimst T-55 and T-62... :roll:

Comment

Jesus Chr!$t, Snipe! When is this guy gonna be f**kin banned already?
                ... you are the dammit sucka, Bigross ... I won't believe, that all Israeli's suckin' of americans like you! :-x

Comment

So you're saying that the M-60 would have died against tanks such as the T-55/T-64, is that it? I just wanna make sure I got your statement right.
                  Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Russians have an inferiarity complex. They relised that the Soviet Economy was nothing more then smoke and mirrors and that they were never really great.

Comment

Well, the guys here haven't seemed to realise that yet...

Comment

The Shillelagh was used on both the M60A2 and M551 Sheridan, and quickly withdrawn because we realised the system (guidance system issues, and why fire a rocket from a tank, anyway?) really doesn't work. Funny how the Soviets still continue with these oddball and inefficent projects (just develop a decent, fast, penetrating round and usuable gunnery programs and optics, why don't ya?).

... do not overestimate the characteristics of such shell ...
                        All anyone ever seems to do is overestimate the capabilities of Russian equipment, so your advice is well-taken....

I'm also certain they would convert both T-55s and T-62s into flying frying pans, assuming the shell made it to the target.

Mayh3m, please read that article very carefully, and post one of your own regarding a Russian projectile with these structural and performance characteristics: diverter thruster control, no moving parts, BEYOND line of sight range. I only wish I could put you before the first Gulf War in 1991, when Im' sure you would have said Iraqi T-72s would eat the Abrams alive.
                        The black flag is raised: Ban them all... Let the Admin sort them out.

I know I'm going to have the last word... I have powers of deletion and lock.

Comment

Mayh3m, please read that article very carefully, and post one of your own regarding a Russian projectile with these structural and performance characteristics: diverter thruster control, no moving parts, BEYOND line of sight range.
                          There is no Russian projectile that can do it, but by all means he can search as much as he wants.

The fact that it says "Mid-Range Munition" leads me to believe we are gonna make one with an even farther range.

Comment

I don't know. There is the AMRAAM, but I haven't heard anything about an ALRAAM.

Comment

It's called a BVRAAM.

Comment

Working...
                              X