Elite Units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elite Units

Hey , i am looking for a name of Elite units , please post any REAL elite units ancient or modern in here (exa. Hoplite, Praetorian guard, Sacred band cavalry) Please help me i need it for a name.

Dev Group formerly known as SEAL Team 6 their a Elite Commando Unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Yanez
      Hey , i am looking for a name of Elite units , please post any REAL elite units ancient or modern in here (exa. Hoplite, Praetorian guard, Sacred band cavalry) Please help me i need it for a name.

Here's a few from my country, Z Force, SASR (special air service regt), rats of Torbruk (not an elite unit as such but they did defeat Rommell in the deserts of north Africa during WW2. Rommell later told Hitler, "give me 2 divisions of Australian Soldiers and I will give you the world."

Comment

Spetznaz for sure are elite units, Delta force and rangers, Im not sure about their official names.

Comment

heres mine

A.R.W. The Irish army ranger wing. A small but highly professional special forces team. If you want someone to compare em to the S.A.S. are a good comparison. Both teams work closely and are more or less the same in their ranking on the world special forces table.
          Attached Files
          they have us surrounded, the poor bastards.

Comment

gurkhas for the british. best mountain war fighters out there. theyd certainly give the 10th a run for their money
            "I'm against picketting, but i dont know how to show it"

Comment

want any more ranger pics

If anyone wants any more pics of th ARW I got plenty, most from our own files but some taken when they were out with the legion sent to me by a friend in castlenaudry. :)

Comment

Originally posted by ARW_cpl
                If anyone wants any more pics of th ARW I got plenty, most from our own files but some taken when they were out with the legion sent to me by a friend in castlenaudry. :)
                If it's not Protected Class, what's your TOE?

Comment

no worries

Protected? no not at all. Agood number of the pics were released about 4 years ago on the official army website but have since dissapeared.
                  TOE? if I know what that is its not coming to mind right now or perhaps we have different terminology for whatever it is either way clarify.
                  Attached Files

Comment

those were all done in Ireland

like the subject says

Comment

Table of Organization and Equipment.

Comment

ok. if you want it in an actual table format gimme a while and ill see what i can do

Simple enough:
                        Unit strength is approximately 100 men who are organized into two assault platoons, a support platoon with medical, EOD, aviation(soon to recieve 6 black hawk helis among other things all for ranger use), etc. Each of the assault platoons has five assault teams of 3-4 men each. These men are all volunteers, selected from other units already serving with the Defence Forces. Advanced tactics are taught in parachuting, combat diving, small boat handling, and mountaineering. Interestingly, ARW members are returned to their original units after a set period of time, thus ensuring their expertise will be shared throughout the Defence Forces.

The attached file is displaying just some of the weapons used. The wing also uses a variety of different rifles and assault weapons depending on the situation and one of their main weapons is as with the regular Irish army the exceptionally well built Steyr AUG (if you want its stats just ask).
                        Attached Files

Comment

also used

In the communications end of it they like the regular army use the SINCGAR radio which is quite a nice piece of equipment. when our intel boys in the Curragh got a hold if it (like anyone that gets em) they put in their own code and apparently it is the most complex and secure in existence at the moment. I'm in comms. Given most of the info on the SINCGAR is restricted I can say nothing more that you yourself could not already find out.
                          I hope I have been informative and if you have any more questions I will answer them to the best of my ability if I can. :)

Comment

Israeli Military SpecOps units, taken from www.isayeret.com

Sayeret Shaldag (Unit 5101) - the IAF premier Special Forces unit.

Airborne Rescue And Evacuation Unit (Unit 669) - the IAF CSAR unit.

Shayetet 13 (S'13) - Naval Commando unit.

Unit YAMAM - Counter Terror and Hostage Rescue unit.

Unit YAMAS - Counter Terror undercover unit.

Unit YAMAG - Tactical Counter Crime and Counter Terror rapid deployment unit.

Sayeret Duvdevan (Unit 217) - Undercover Counter Terror unit for the Territories.

Force 100 - Military Police Special Emergency Response Team (SERT).

Sayeret Egoz (Unit 621) - Counter Guerrilla unit.

Sayeret Maglan (Unit 212) - Long range missiles warfare unit.

Sayeret MATKAL (Unit 767) - The IDF primary intelligence gathering and SF unit.
                            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Indian Spl forces:-

1. Para Commando (SF) battalions.
                              2. National Security Guard.
                              3. Special Frontier Force.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Working...
                              X