Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'No Guts, No Glory', is it a good book to read?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'No Guts, No Glory', is it a good book to read?

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p...s_No-Glory.jpg

'No Guts, No Glory' was written by then Maj. Frederick Blesse (Ace of the Korean war). Is it a good book to read? Does it teach the concepts/ways of aerial combat?

Hi, Fighter Pilot. I am looking to buy this book immediately, Can you please let me know where can I Buy this book. This book is for my nephew as a gift.

Comment

Originally posted by atit View Post
      Hi, Fighter Pilot. I am looking to buy this book immediately, Can you please let me know where can I Buy this book. This book is for my nephew as a gift.
      I'm afraid that Fighter_Pilot made only a single post (the one above) 2 years ago.

The book in question is apparently out of print and available only from the author, according to a search on Yahoo. Not even Alibris.com has a copy for sale.
      “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

I have this book as an eBook.

Good read if you want to read about ACM. But it does not cover the Modern aspects of Combat Aviation with missiles.

I would recommend, Vipers In the Storm by Keith Rosenkranz, based on real events when he was deployed as a F-16 Pilot in Operation Desert Storm almost 2 decades back. Its a very good depiction of Air Combat in Modern era.
        Self-control is the chief element in self-respect, and self-respect is the chief element in courage.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
          I would recommend, Vipers In the Storm by Keith Rosenkranz, based on real events when he was deployed as a F-16 Pilot in Operation Desert Storm almost 2 decades back. Its a very good depiction of Air Combat in Modern era.
          Correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm not doubting that it's a fine book on it's own merits), but the F-16 saw little to no air-to-air combat in Desert Storm, no?
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
            Correct me if I'm wrong (and I'm not doubting that it's a fine book on it's own merits), but the F-16 saw little to no air-to-air combat in Desert Storm, no?
            Hee hee...!!

You are right..!!

The book itself is largely based on A2G strikes undertaken by the pilot.
            Self-control is the chief element in self-respect, and self-respect is the chief element in courage.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
              The book itself is largely based on A2G strikes undertaken by the pilot.
              Ah, excellent. :)

Comment

Working...
              X