Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lies of the Kerry mid-night speech - THIS IS GETTING GOOD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lies of the Kerry mid-night speech - THIS IS GETTING GOOD!

Kerry and Edwards gave a midnight speech in Springfield, Ohio as a sort of response to the president's speech. The Democrats know they have to carry Ohio, so the choice of venue was not a surprise. It was the standard sKerry stump speech, but contained a number of outright lies that are worth nothing.

Right off the bat, The Poodle said "For the past week, they attacked my patriotism and my fitness to serve as commander-in-chief." Sorry, folks. That's a lie. It's the Max Cleland lie. There was not one single speaker at the Republican National Convention attacked John Kerry's patriotism. In their dishonest desperation, the Democrats are resorting to simply repeating over and over what they know not to be true. Then The Soufflé continued with his nonsense: "I'm not going to have my commitment to defend this country questioned by those who refused to serve when they could have and by those who have misled the nation into Iraq." So .. there you go! It's the leftist standard "If you didn't serve in Vietnam you can't comment on anyone who did" line.

First of all Senator Kerry, I thought whether you served in the military or not didn't matter? Kerry had no problem with Bill Clinton, who dodged the draft outright. Does is sound to you like the Kerry campaign is getting desperate? They know they cannot refute the message, so it's time to attack the messenger. Is this all they have? Are we going to have to sit through two months of the same broken record over and over? Ahhhhh yes ... 'fraid so.

And what of this nonsense that we were "misled" on Iraq? Didn't we just learn that two government reports have now exonerated President Bush on intelligence used as the basis to invade Iraq. There was no misleading. You can only mislead someone if you know to be untrue what you are telling them. If anything, The Poodle is the one misleading people. Don't expect the mainstream media to call him on it, though.

He also took a lame, weak personal shot at the president by calling his speech "All hat, no cattle." That's a reference to the president somehow being a phony cowboy. John Kerry ... mounting his trusty windsurfer and skipping across the waves into the sunset. All wetsuit .... all wet.

At the same speech last night, The Poodle also took a shot at Vice President Cheney's deferments he received while not serving during the Vietnam War. Amazingly, Kerry still can't let go of the Vietnam War. "The vice president even called me unfit for office last night. I guess I'll leave it up to the voters whether five deferments makes someone more qualified to defend this nation than two tours of duty."

So let me get this straight...five deferments to avoid serving is wrong, but three questionable Purple Hearts used to get out of Vietnam after four months is better? Right.

Let's recap: The Kerry/Edwards plan for winning the presidency seems to revolve around a few central themes:

* My patriotism is being attacked by the evil Republicans (it isn't, and never has been)

* They didn't serve in Vietnam, I did (So what...neither did Bill Clinton, and his opponents in '92 and '96 were both war heroes)

* President Bush misled the nation on Iraq (He didn't, and the evidence exonerates him)

* Don't bring up my Senate voting record. This is all about my Vietnam service record. Any mention of my Senate voting record is an attack on my patriotism.

* I snowboard and windsurf. Wouldn't I look good in the White House?

Where's the beef? What are their issues? The economy is taking off like a rocket...they've got nothing to talk about, and it shows.
    Last edited by TruthSpeak; 04 Sep 04,, 20:45.

Not to mention the fact that Kerry did not serve 2 tours of duty. He wants to claim Bush misled the nation, yet he is claiming he did two tours of duty in Vietnam???

That is an outright misleading statement, if not a lie.

The first year of Kerry's overseas service was spent on a guided missle frigate that sailed anywhere from California to Australia while he was on it. It was in Vietnamese WATERS for less than 5 weeks out of the entire year.

I dont think any real Vietnam Veteran would label a year on a guided missle frigate sailing around the ocean as a "tour in Vietnam"

And what about his second tour???

1. It was 8 months short of being a full tour.

2. The first entire month was spent in Cam Ranh Bay in a training camp so safe that political leaders stayed there during their trips to Vietnam.

3. The second month was spent on Swift Boats before they were given combat duty. This is listed as Kerry's reason for choosing a Swift Boat Command..."I wanted to see what was going on, but I really didnt want to get involved in the war" - Kerry's own words. When Swift Boat missions were changed to river patrols involving direct combat, Kerry petitioned wildly up the chain of his command to be removed from the Swift Boat arena.

4. The last two months of his four months were actually spent on combat missions for which much controversy is present. In a little over two months he was able to receive 5 medals. Three purple hearts (for minor injuries that didnt take time away from his combat, two of which were self-inflicted. One of those injuries he self-proclaims that fact) which sent him home (other veterans turne down their third, fourth, fifth purple hearts so they could stay with their comrades). He also received a bronze star for bravery, even though he has repeatedly changed his story on what really happened and many veterans at the scene claim there was no enemy fire. There were no other casualties from that hour and a half on a 75 yard wide river in which he claims there was enemy fire from both banks. There were also no bullet holes in any of the 5 swift boats, including the one that was damaged by the mine. Kerry also claims to have received a silver star with a combat V. Combat V's, according to the U.S. military, are not awarded with silver stars.

How can anyone still vote for this man???
    Last edited by TruthSpeak; 04 Sep 04,, 20:56.

Comment

His campaign is collasping, he will suffer a stunning defeat on November 2nd.

Comment

I agree, it doesn't look too good for him at all.

Comment

I was just wondering, what do you Americans think about Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11 ???

Comment

Originally posted by Static Caster
            I was just wondering, what do you Americans think about Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9/11 ???
            A bunch of made up lies and distortions

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202
              A bunch of made up lies and distortions
              Same as the rest of his books and movies. MM is just in it for the money.
              No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
              I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
              even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
              He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

He's a good counterpart to all those lying conservative commentators. This way there's inspiring and enraging propoganda for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by non-asset
                  He's a good counterpart to all those lying conservative commentators.
                  What ones?
                  I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                  even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                  He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
                    What ones?
                    There is absolutely no difference between what Moore's movie does and what Rush Limbaugh has done on a regular basis for over a decade now. And Ditto heads get brainwashed by Rush on a regular basis.

You can throw in Sean Hannity and Bill O'reily into the mix too. Different faces, same crap.

Comment

Originally posted by jjacobs43
                      There is absolutely no difference between what Moore's movie does and what Rush Limbaugh has done on a regular basis for over a decade now. And Ditto heads get brainwashed by Rush on a regular basis.

You can throw in Sean Hannity and Bill O'reily into the mix too. Different faces, same crap.
                      Would you like to point out any lies those three people have told...i can point out about 57 lies or misleading portions of farenheight 9/11.

Go ahead...lets hear them. Oh yeah, I expect you to provide evidence of how rush, hannity, or bill lied as well.

Comment

Originally posted by TruthSpeak
                        Would you like to point out any lies those three people have told...i can point out about 57 lies or misleading portions of farenheight 9/11.

Go ahead...lets hear them. Oh yeah, I expect you to provide evidence of how rush, hannity, or bill lied as well.
                        Their lies are documented quite thoroughly by "MediaMatters.org" or "WhosLying.org" and other watchdog groups. If I took the time to document all of their lies I could come up with a hell of a lot more than 57 "lies or misleading" things they have said. It amazes me that people can't see what they do.

I like Michael Moore, but at least I can see what he's doing. I know he is very misleading. But I still think he's a lot more honest than the 3 guys I mentioned earlier.

Comment

And Ditto heads get brainwashed by Rush on a regular basis.

It's only the same "crap" if you can show me the word documentary. They have opinionated shows that they do not label documentary, and though I do not watch, listen whatever, to any of them, the lack of that one word puts them miles ahead.

Oh, BTW, after checking out MediaMatters.org and WhosLying.org, they look alot less like "watchdogs" than liberal suporters. Where are the sections on the "lying" democrats?

Comment

Originally posted by Confed999
                            It's only the same "crap" if you can show me the word documentary. They have opinionated shows that they do not label documentary, and though I do not watch, listen whatever, to any of them, the lack of that one word puts them miles ahead.

Oh, BTW, after checking out MediaMatters.org and WhosLying.org, they look alot less like "watchdogs" than liberal suporters. Where are the sections on the "lying" democrats?
                            You can have an opinion show without lying. They masquerade themselves under false pretenses and everybody buys into it. That sounds like crap to me.

And, anyway, Michael Moore has never said his movie was not done in his opinion. It's not meant to be a documentary. It is meant in the same way Rush Limbaugh's show is meant. Anybody who condemns Moore and not Limbaugh is being very hyprocritical.

MediaMatters only shows lyers on the right because the creator of the web site is a guy who lied with the rest of the conservatives until he got a conscious and started pointing out the hypocrisy of it all. He, admittedly, started the false rumors about Clinton's days in Arkansas that started the whole sequence of events leading up to Paula Jones and he has a lot to make up for. And the other website points out lies on both sides as far as I've seen.

But I think it's irrelevant. I'm not claiming people on the left don't lie. I'm comparing Michael Moore to Limbaugh remember? Like it or not, those sites document proof of these guy's lies. I guarantee you that if you read MediaMatters regularly and looked into the sources given, you'd have a very different opinion on what gets blasted through the conservative media.

Comment

And, anyway, Michael Moore has never said his movie was not done in his opinion. It's not meant to be a documentary.
                              You're wrong... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0361596/ "Genre: Documentary / War"
                              He has even recenty come out and said he wasn't going for the documentary oscar, to try and get the movie on TV sooner. All of his movies are the same kind of "documentary".
                              I'm not claiming people on the left don't lie.
                              I'm not saying you are, I'm saying those sites are, from what I saw, largely partisan, if not entirely. I don't call political partisans "watchdogs".
                              Like it or not, those sites document proof of these guy's lies.
                              That's super, but unless you can show me the false label "documentary", then it's not the same thing.
                              through the conservative media.
                              As a conservative, I can tell you with 100% certainty, the majority of the media is not conservative.

Comment

Working...
                              X