Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could own 1 WWII rifle/gun, which would it be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M21Sniper
    I could be wrong, but i thought the Japanese themselves ground the crisanthimum(sp?) off themselves because they did not want to dishonor the Emporer?
    I didn't know this. I had an ex-landlord whose wife offered me my choice of guns from his collection when he died. He had a 6.5mm Arisaka that he captured on Wake Island. It was all original, with the "mum" seal, dust cover and cleaning rod. We were playing with it one day when he was still alive, and he mentioned that he had never been able to remove the cleaning rod. I looked at it for a minute and figured out the front barrel band/spring arrangement, and popped out the rod! Lol, he was shocked.

I picked a nice 1955 Win M70 .30-06 instead, considering that those arisaka's were just a crappy gun overall. But it makes me wonder if that one was collectible since that seal hadn't been ground off...It was a tough choice that day, I also had to pass on a beautiful 1894 Marlin .44-40, color case hardened receiver, etc. It was like new, it broke my heart to pass it up. I should have tried to buy it from her, but I was poor...
    "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Every time you guys talk about the guns you own, I start going green with envy.
      Even buying a muzzle loading antique for me is like going through a nighmare.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Come to America, the land of the free.

Hell, everyone else does...

Comment

Browning BAR
          Modern Firearms - Browning BAR M1918 Machinegun
          Last edited by sw55; 09 Mar 05,, 14:28.

Comment

Originally posted by sw55
            Browning BAR

They cut up something like 18000 BAR receivers at the Anniston Depot a couple of years ago. And a bunch of M3 "grease guns" last year. Stuff like that gives me nightmares. I dream of bubba feeding a pristine BAR still in cosmoline through a band saw. aargggh!

With transferable BARs selling for $20k plus, they could have paid off a chunk of the deficit by selling those weapons to class III dealers. With the statistically insignificant crime rate using registered Class III weapons, liability shouldn't be an issue.
            Rule 303

Comment

Yes, but that would make sense.

Can't have that...

Comment

Yes, but that would make sense.

Can't have that...
                At least you now know what to get me for my birthday!!

Comment

A BAR or common sense?

LOL, common sense i can do.

But unless you're a horny 6 foot scandinavian blonde(FEMALE) with a body like J LO...you'll not be getting any 20,000 dollar gifts from me. ;)

Comment

Hmmm....very tempting, but here I am something, there I'll be a nobody. Thats the only thing that stops me.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

You got that all wrong lemon.

Here, you'll be an American.

Comment

You got that all wrong lemon.

Here, you'll be an American.
                        All in good time...You see the US accepts doctors, engineers and newer IT super brains more than some ex infantry offcier who's only qualification is that he wants a nation with liberal guns laws :), or has boring war stories to tell. You have more than enough of those types.
                        The anti gun lobby in the US would be the first to deport someone like me. ;). Unless I have tons of money to invest in business, but unfortunatly my father was an army doctor, and I did'nt choose my father-in-law well.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

LOL, if you insist sir.

Comment

Another good thing of america is you can own any weponry.

Comment

Originally posted by EPA
                              Another good thing of america is you can own any weponry.
                              You sure about that?
                              http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/ar.../t-342797.html

Comment

Originally posted by sniperdude411
                                Well, then I'll have to chose a state that would not be so picky.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Working...
                                X