No announcement yet.

Animals that were never used in war?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The skunk/polecat is a often overlooked animal with great military potential
    You're not the only one who thinks the skunk has military potential, check this out:

Israel devises new 'smelly' bomb

The Israeli army has devised a non-lethal way of keeping back Palestinian protesters - a smelly "skunk" bomb.

The stink bomb gives off a synthetic version of the odour emitted by skunks to keep their enemies at bay.

Trials showed that the weapon is so pungent it can stay in clothes for five years, say officials.

If implemented, the bomb could replace the army's use of rubber bullets, which has led to the deaths of many Palestinians in recent years.

The Israeli army - criticised for using excessive force in fighting the Palestinian uprising - said it was working to develop non-lethal weapons.

Security officials quoted by Reuters news agency say the smelly weapon is being developed as an alternative way of breaking up protests and stone-throwing confrontations.

Another weapon being devised is a fibreglass tank shell that disintegrates in the air, causing a large blast but no casualties, Reuters reports.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/3598734.stm

Comment

I am A Genius....., at least the voices say i am

Dragoon
      Yes..,You have the right To Speak, however I have the right not to listen

Comment

Cats?
        "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

Yeah cats. The Ancient Egyptians had a high regard for cats.

Different animals than hamsters, but forcing Egypt to pack up and leave was the same method used as the proposed Hamster bombs.

Comment

[QUOTE=Lunatock]Ah but I was talking about training those bastards to attack. Hat's off to anyone taking on that task. (give 'em a hat to cover up a few stings on the noggin. :))

I think that I saw something in the scientific press about remote controlled cockroaches for finding unfortunates burried undr rubble. Ditto rats. So I suppose in theory a swarm could be controlled in the near future by a faily simple algorithim. Cyborg attack swarm seems distubingly possible.

P: 9
            FF: 8 ('til troops are issued with cans of Raid)
            Logistics: 10
            Shock: 9
            B: 8
            S:0

Total: 34 Best thus far.
            Only let down by stuidity. Too disturbingly practicable, this is not in the least silly.
            Where's the bloody gin? An army marches on its liver, not its ruddy stomach.

Comment

Concerning Giant Hornets.

I know honey bees and other insects release a phermone when they sting that triggers a powerful response causing every bee in the area to swarm and sting the target tagged with the phermone.

One cannister of aerosol with a pseudo phermone and a cannister of angy wsps or hornets..., damn this aint funny no more

Dragoon ( Now Shopping For a Kevlar bee Suit )
              Yes..,You have the right To Speak, however I have the right not to listen

Comment

The Moose. Definitely. Fearless, solid, will charge just about naything, won't move out of the way of any vehicle and can take out the entire front of a 4X4 Blazer. I should know! :)
                Insanity is doing the same thing over and over
                and expecting a different result.
                Albert Einstein.

Comment

Originally posted by mostlymad
                  The Moose. Definitely. Fearless, solid, will charge just about naything, won't move out of the way of any vehicle and can take out the entire front of a 4X4 Blazer. I should know! :)
                  Moose in Canada. Camels in the Middle East.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                    Camels
                    I saw a fool, at the zoo, teasing a camel. He left the zoo covered in about a gallon of stinky camel spit.
                    No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                    I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                    even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                    He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                      Moose in Canada. Camels in the Middle East.
                      Ahem! OoE
                      Animals that were NEVER used in war. So no Camels.

Whilst I do not doubt the virtues of the sturdy moose I scan in vain for a military application beyond that of random motoring hazzard.

The moose will require some form of practical application beyond that of ruminent comic foil to an animated "flying squirrel".
                      Where's the bloody gin? An army marches on its liver, not its ruddy stomach.

Comment

Working...
                      X