Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signature line limit

I was changing my signature and got the message:

Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 2 line(s).

When did this happen? I was going to change, and actually loose a line from my present signature but it won't let me.

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
    I was changing my signature and got the message:

Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 2 line(s).

When did this happen? I was going to change, and actually loose a line from my present signature but it won't let me.
    I have increased the limit to three lines. We are trying to cut down on signature length to make it easier to browse threads without having to scroll past huge sigs. Three is not excessive, however.
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

I welcome this move.

Many people(not in this forum though) have really intrusive signatures which they include in *every* post of theirs. Really annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Samudra View Post
        I welcome this move.

Many people(not in this forum though) have really intrusive signatures which they include in *every* post of theirs. Really annoying.
        I quite agree, though (here at least) a sig is automatically included in every post.

It takes forever to wade through some board's threads.
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
          I have increased the limit to three lines. We are trying to cut down on signature length to make it easier to browse threads without having to scroll past huge sigs. Three is not excessive, however.
          Hmm .. sig nazies .. :P
          I rant, therefore I am.

Comment

Agreed, but the people who already have long signature lines..what bout them?

I can think of THL at the moment.
            "To every man upon this earth, Death cometh soon or late;
            And how can a man die better; Than facing fearful odds,
            For the ashes of his father; And the temples of his gods."

Comment

The new sig limits will not be retroactively applied.

Comment

can't I even put a pic in my sig? Its showing the URL but not showing the pic....
                Cow is the only animal that not only inhales oxygen, but also exhales it.
                -Rekha Arya, Former Minister of Animal Husbandry

Comment

It seems to have been retroactively applied to my sig!

My Pennsy long rifle is gone! :(

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper View Post
                    It seems to have been retroactively applied to my sig!

My Pennsy long rifle is gone! :(
                    Bring back the Dragunov !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is no substitute
                    Attached Files

Comment

And here i'd thought i'd lost that custom sig for all times, lolol.

I can't even remember who made that for me, i don't think he hung around at WAB for long. Shame, i'd have preferred one with an M-21 in the foreground, instead of just the background. Druganovs are certainly not my favored weapon.

Comment

Praxus...

Comment

Originally posted by Ironduke View Post
                          Praxus...
                          Actually, i dont think it was Praxus, was it? Eh, maybe. He did some nice skins for my site too, but the board owner never did anything with 'em(i lack the talent to implement such changes). Shame.

Anyway, thanx for fixing my sig bro. :)

EDIT: The one Praxus did for me was the "Troll sniper" graphic, back when i was a mod here. The one in this thread some other poster made for me. No idea who though...
                          Last edited by Bill; 04 Dec 06,, 10:15.

Comment

I have a three word signature. I wanted to add another quote... some ten words... the same notice popped up. Now I know better.
                            Thank you
                            Primum non Nocere

I would have everie man write only what he knows and no more - Montaigne

Comment

My sig is kinda long, do i have to change it?

Comment

Working...
                              X