Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A missile v/s missile test on Sunday ( Is India testing ABM??)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

another thing, me going for dinner i'll try if i can bring any one working in DRDO directly on Agni project.

if he says diff things hopefully now someone wont say things like this.

Comment

nah.. make it 30$ then? lol
      actually 30$ to me is more than a weekends party lol.
      its like more than a dozen beer bottles.

Deal Done?

btw lemme ask tht guy whos working under Agni till make this deal on hold please ;)

Comment

Originally posted by joey View Post
        ...Deal Done?
        Tell ya what- I'll hedge a bit and say it was either Arrow or Patriot (assuming it was really a successful intercept, and not a phony claim like we've seen in the past).

And to show you my heart's in the right place, we'll make it $50.
        "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

Originally posted by highsea View Post
          The US blocked Arrow to India 2 years ago and offered Patriot instead, which India refused. Bush has reversed the US policy wrt India, in case you haven't been paying attention.

The US has no problem with India (or most anyone else) having defensive systems, and even with Arrow, Boeing gets a large piece of the pie. It was the MTCR guidelines that were the sticking point wrt Arrow, and why we offered Patriot instead.
          MTCR modified overnight and there are no reports at all???
          No informing the Congress? No informing the nations invovled in the treaty?Amazing

I thought it was a international treaty.I am as much do not want to believe it
          as much as you believe that arrow was transfered.

Indian would definetely want to have the arrow system and if USA wants to modify the MTCR it would do it.Just like the nuclear treaty,however there would be some news on it.

By the way the nuclear treaty was passes fews days ago.

Comment

I'm dead sure its nor arrow 2 or whatever, highsea what is the least altitude of arrow 2 interception?

here is what a journalist tells in BR
            Humm had a brief chat with the 5th uncle of fourth nice first grandmother's...you get the drift (called many of these actually on a conference call) , so here is what is happening , please keep this transcript secret

No1 (DRDO Scientist - Mr Cryptic) said - Didn't you read the news, it was Prithvi. So two fired in the known direction and they Intercepted.
            Me- But the news was cryptic, it said that it used parts of Prithvi, some speculate it is first stage of Prithvi
            No2 (DRDO Scientist no 2, Mr. More forthcoming) - Oh well parts can we anything, if we used the name of Prithvi (and nothing else) we still used Prithvi didn't we, so we did not lie.
            Mr. Jurnotutes No 1 - You are a lying bunch, you just yanked it out...
            At this point I hear gasps, NO1 and NO2 look in horror and then relax, they were fully dressed and nothing was amiss.
            Jurnotutes #1 - I tell you man, I do not believe in this test, I have seen the smoke but not the interceptor, I doubt it happened, it is yet to be confirmed, most probably the Prithvi got destroyed in mid flight and they are calling it an AMB intercept.
            Well meaning but confused Desi - I tell you, it was Arrow, no one has seen the intercepting masala, doesn’t it look like arrow. Moreover since it was captured on camera, it has to be at lower altitude, cannot be that far, so it has to be arrow. (btw arrow intercepts at at least 50 km)
            Jurnotutes#2 (Mr. I know my tanks) - Bah humbung, I have not yet spoken, This is but a great failure, wait for my next article, I just spoke to JJ, I will have an update.
            Jurnototus# 3(Mr. TFTA paise ke liye kuch bhi karega)-- I tell you, these guys are light years away, who says only 10 or 20 years. I talked to my bhailog this side, err I mean the other side, they say they have a better system, you know how they always have taller and red tipped, I have seen all of it, they are more advanced I tell you. No one from my master’s country has done it so how these middle class Indians have done it, I tell you, they are light years away
            No 1# - Mr TFTA light years is measure of length not time
            Jurnototus# 3(Mr. TFTA paise ke liye kuch bhi karega)-- Oh shut up, you guys don’t know about length, your Prithvi is stubby and your agnis…less said the better
            No2# - So are we done here then
            Me- No no we are not, please tell me what is what. Please give us more detail
            SELF Loathing Indian - Huh, what have you produced of late, this is fake. No tests, do you have pictures to prove it? If it happened, the masala was Arrow and the radar polish, the vehicle Czech. If anything it prooves how incompetent Prithvi is, it can be shot down
            NO1 Scientist - Gentleman I will have to leave, I guess you all have already reached a conclusion, what is there more to tell.
            Well meaning but confused desi protests - I am still confused?
            NO1 - So what is new here, you need little faith here son and you will find the answer you seek.
            No 1 leaves.
            No2 indulges the crowd - Well we can’t show the photo, we cannot of course just to satisfy your curiosity tell you everything.
            Jurnotutes 1,2,3 and SLIME sing in chorus - I told you it was fake
            The call gets disconnected at this time. I am suppose to be at my day’s job. Everyone had the answers already, no amount of extra information was going to change there view. Some were skeptical due to genuine reasons, but then nothing could be done to satisfy their curiosity. Others had a living to earn, bank balances to look after, they were also not going to change their view on any evidence. If they dare tell the truth, they have to find a way to earn a honest living, something which even their baap dada had not done

Secret notes - Scientist 1 - The ABM has worked. It was the 5th test of interception. The individual system tests have been challenging. The seeker had to be mounted many times on Trishul and Akash. The target towing according to press release was done by Lakshya (we know better) Many ‘Prithvi’ testes had verified the design success of the first stage of the n stage masala. The radar has been a great fusion of many Indian and other technologies. We acquired the Green pine and Antey radars many years ago and we have fused that technology with many home grown ones. I am myself confused by many names that we gave them to hide this. We have been perfecting the interceptor radr for a long time. Every TSP no-dung have been successfully tracked. Rest of the details as agreed upon will not even be committed to paper.
            Jai Hind!!

Comment

I'm dead sure its not arrow 2 now.it intercepted much much bellow 50 kms.
              Secret notes - Scientist 1 - The ABM has worked. It was the 5th test of interception. The individual system tests have been challenging. The seeker had to be mounted many times on Trishul and Akash. The target towing according to press release was done by Lakshya (we know better) Many ‘Prithvi’ testes had verified the design success of the first stage of the n stage masala. The radar has been a great fusion of many Indian and other technologies. We acquired the Green pine and Antey radars many years ago and we have fused that technology with many home grown ones. I am myself confused by many names that we gave them to hide this. We have been perfecting the interceptor radr for a long time. Every TSP no-dung have been successfully tracked. Rest of the details as agreed upon will not even be committed to
              HIGH SEA 50$ :( aight :( i'll pay in installment of two.

Comment

Next stage since i have very high level contacts in IIT i'll try and ask some peoples who are literally involved in this and confirm.
                i dont think someone can know more than having personal contacts..

Comment

THIS GETS CLEARER AND CLEARER.
                  It cannot be arrow 2 100000% sure.

We tested prithvi 2 more than 3 or 4 times[within previous 4 years or so] and i really dont think for a missile with range of 200 kms we need to test it soo soo many times, when it carries a nuke payload ans we already have Agni in service.

What makes us test it again and again when it was tested wayy back pergfectly in 1996?
                  just doesnt makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by n21 View Post
                    ...I thought it was a international treaty.
                    No, it's not. It's a set of voluntary guidelines that a country can follow or not, as they see fit. It does not carry the weight of a treaty.

The nuke deal is blatantly against the NPT, and the US is ignoring that- MTCR is much lower level.
                    "We will go through our federal budget – page by page, line by line – eliminating those programs we don’t need, and insisting that those we do operate in a sensible cost-effective way." -President Barack Obama 11/25/2008

Comment

...highsea what is the least altitude of arrow 2 interception?
                      The published figure is 10-60 km.
                      here is what a journalist tells in BR
                      Joey, that post was meant to be tongue-in-cheek.
                      Last edited by highsea; 28 Nov 06,, 19:24.

Comment

Thanks to the journalist, cleared everything literally.
                        There is more than 99% evidence that this is home grown thing the one percent goes to picture which is not available.

I'll still confirm more and more by tomorrow going to IIT and meeting some persons if they are available.

Comment

Joey, that post was meant to be tongue-in-cheek
                          wthell? i cannot believe how ignorant someone can be.
                          journalists in BR are highly related to the entire site, they have busted many journos like shiv arror etc etc and literally except some pakistan bashing BR is highly technical.

Atleast we dont go there by saying MKI can take on F15E in BVR like some other forums.

Prithvi 2 was tested successfully in 1996 and was indias first home grown.
                          missile
                          Why would it be tested soo many tims in before 4 years?
                          Why would be 400 million dollars be granted for this as RC1 project by MOD?
                          Why we we develope a special vehicle called AAD
                          Why would we develope a Solid stage rocket of pumping out 16 tonne thrust for 36 seconds which has similar DIa that of prithvi???
                          Why would these scientists lie?

all for "arrow 2" given and no news nothing .. all research for years and years are vain?
                          there have been successful akash interception too.

Now i'll confirm it from my source which will be 100% more correct than yours, and if you stilll dont believe sorry i'm really tied up infront of your technical ability and thats my only weakness.
                          Last edited by joey2; 28 Nov 06,, 19:31.

Comment

Why would US help India when its marketing PAC-3 to India?

Comment

...Prithvi 2 was tested successfully in 1996 and was indias first home grown missile
                              Why would it be tested soo many tims in before 4 years?
                              4 tests is a lot? Do you know how many tests Arrow and Patriot have had?
                              Why would be 400 million dollars be granted for this as RC1 project by MOD?
                              The US pumped in well over a billion on Arrow, and it's not even ours, lol. And well over that on Patriot too.
                              Why we we develope a special vehicle called AAD
                              The Armored Amphibious Dozer?
                              Why would we develope a Solid stage rocket of pumping out 16 tonne thrust for 36 seconds which has similar DIa that of prithvi???
                              Solid fuel rockets are much quicker to get launched, that's why. Having your only operational ballistic missile liquid fueled is not a good thing. Also, the booster is supposed to ba part of the Privthi III, right?
                              all for "arrow 2" given and no news nothing .. all research for years and years are vain?
                              Who says the research is in vain? You need to get over your desire for instant gratification.
                              Now i'll confirm it from my source which will be 100% more correct than yours, and if you stilll dont believe sorry i'm really tied up infront of your technical ability and thats my only weakness.
                              Have your source give you a nice picture of the missile and TEL too, lol.
                              Last edited by highsea; 28 Nov 06,, 20:05.

Comment

Originally posted by ainspiron View Post
                                Why would US help India when its marketing PAC-3 to India?
                                We're pals now, haven't you heard?

Comment

Working...
                                X