Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iraq War Reasons Plz

undefined
    hey i am 15 and would like to get into the army i was wonderin if any1 who has families in iraq now or american/british soldier could tell me wot modern day warfare is like :)

War is hell, not that I know anything about and hopefully never will. Modern day warfare is more and more of hunting down terrorists that are poorly equipped and have little or no military training at all.

Comment

Originally posted by agent 008
      undefined
      hey i am 15 and would like to get into the army i was wonderin if any1 who has families in iraq now or american/british soldier could tell me wot modern day warfare is like :)
      War is hell its not a game seeing your best friend get his head blown off by a sniper or seeing children blown too bits by friendly fire are just somethings you see on the other hand you have a chance to help people and make really good friends but you should think hard about joining the Army its a life changing experience for better or worse.

Comment

You're 15 years old. Most of what we say would be over your head. You're too young to be asking those questions just yet. My advice is for you to play those computer games. Have fun. Learn to drive. Get drunk. Learn about girls.

If and when you have to goto war, there's nothing we say here could prepare you for it. That's the Sgt's job.

Comment

At 15, enjoy life.

Too early to get bitter with the world in general!

Take it easy and look busy.
          Last edited by Ray; 10 Aug 04,, 08:03.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

I'm not going to talk to down to you because of your age- but unfortunately trying to describe what war is like to ANYone that hasn't seen it for themselves is an exercise in futility.

The one thing i will tell you about the military is that it's nothing like what you'll expect. It's never anything like anyone expects.

You are 15. Coincidentally, I last fired a weapon at another human being 15 years ago. I still have dreams sometimes. It's something that's with you forever.

Comment

The best thing you can do at 15 is chill with your friends, get a girlfriend(s) and basically enjoy life. It seems to be working for me...
              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

War is something that you don't want to encounter. At the young age of 15 war is the last thing that you should be thinking about. If you have questions about combat for general knowledge thats one thing, but don't grow up wanting to fight.

Comment

I actually think it's honorable that the boy wants to serve.

I joined at age 17, and was starting to think about it around his age. I bet most soldiers do.

Comment

Originally posted by M21Sniper

You are 15. Coincidentally, I last fired a weapon at another human being 15 years ago. I still have dreams sometimes. It's something that's with you forever.
                    where did you fire this weapon?
                    No matter how the next war ends, the following one will be fought with sticks and stones.
                    (Albert Einstein)

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                      Learn about girls.
                      you heard the man

Comment

Well I haven't been in iraq or another place like that but I was first pulled into war at age 17 when I volunteered to go to Croatia to fight with the JNA and later on volunteered to fight in Kosovo because I had family there and thought I could protect them from the shiptar terrorists. One thing young man is don't get too fired up because war isn't Rambo and it isn't those computer games so beloved by my little nephew. There are dozens of better things you could do then join the military. Get an education, get a good job, find a women who'll treat you right and raise a family. Unless I was called up again to protect my family or my homeland I would not even think for half a second of returning to a battle-field, what you see there stays with you for the rest of you're life.

Comment

wow, lol, that's awesome, both have the same interests, 15 and i want to join the army, perhaps become a sharpshooter/sniper, nice, i'm really excited about the military
                          for MOTHER MOLDOVA

Comment

Originally posted by Dima
                            wow, lol, that's awesome, both have the same interests, 15 and i want to join the army, perhaps become a sharpshooter/sniper, nice, i'm really excited about the military
                            Don't go EOD. The Moldovan EOD guys that we worked with in Iraq for our first month were crazy. They'd basically go up to explosives and all but kick them and then say "don't worry, they're safe to carry back to base to blow." However, in the end, they never had anyting blow on them and always got the job done, so maybe I shouldn't question the "unsafe" methods (I'm sure they didn't have any of the fancy EOD robots that our guys have).
                            "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Working...
                            X