No announcement yet.

Russia seeks blame for hospital blast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually my plan was just based on Tom Clancy's "The Bear and the Dragon". Ever since the cold war ended Clancy has been making the Russians look like saints and the Chinese like satan. So you guys probly are right, Im just looking at it from the perspective of someone who has thought this through all the way (even if hes wrong). In this book, the USN DID wipe out the PLAN, but Russia was only saved from having to use nuclear weapons by the US having sent the AF and a couple of divisions BEFOREHAND through letting Russia into NATO. Didnt the treaties with the Russians make it so the only nukes they have are on bombers? If thats so the Chinese could shoot em down.

I have a question, is your reluctance to let them into NATO because you dont think its necessary or is it the remains of Cold War angst? Cause there is no reason to be scared of the russians either militarily or ideologically.

Comment

Honestly?

I hate Russians.

I was a cold warrior afterall...

Dealing with them as often as i do in the unusual business i'm in, they have done nothing to change my opinion of them as a people.

I simply don't trust them, and their apparent lack of morals really bugs me. It's hard to think of a more corrupt people than the Russians as a whole. They have elevated organized crime to an art form.

BTW, they are still the greatest threat to America in the world today, and for the forseeable future.

I did read Bear and the Dragon, BTW. Clancy is sadly not the writer he once was.

Comment

Hey!

My great-grandpa was a full blooded Russian! :D
        "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

Comment

I'm sure he was a great guy, but i'm one of those people that actually answers a question honestly.

If you want my PC answer, "Sure, i love Russians."

LOL

Comment

Back when his parents came to the US, Russia was ruled by the tsar.

Comment

My God, the Russians on the board I see are BIG idiots. They are unintelligent kids, who believe the RuAF could beat the USAF, also the USN would lose to any engagement against the RuN, and the Russian Army would pound the piss out of the US Army, since the Russians have 21,000 tanks which probably 2,000-4,000 would be operational if they are lucky.

Those tanks would be vulnerable to Mavericks, Hellfires, and so forth.

Comment

Is that the board with the guy who has a pic of a Russian soldier wearing a cowyboy hat with a sig that says "Join the Red Army and help destroy the capitalist machine!"?

Comment

Originally posted by ironman420
                  Is that the board with the guy who has a pic of a Russian soldier wearing a cowyboy hat with a sig that says "Join the Red Army and help destroy the capitalist machine!"?
                  hhahaa, yeah it is. It's amusing, isn't it?

Comment

I quit going there, just too much crap. The RedRussian punk is an American who poses as a Russian, sad isn't it? His ISP was traced all the way back to New Mexico Univ, and he denies saying he is in St.Petersburg, Russia. What an idiot.

The only thing I could see as a problem if the US and Russia went to war is the vast network of SAMs, and them launching Nuke's at US cities.

Comment

We'd win, but it wouldn't be anything like Iraq.

There would be a lot more dying going on.

Comment

The big problem is their vast network of SAMs. Most of their equipment is crap and the Navy is total shit. The Russians currently have 5,000 fighters, they would be lucky if 2,000 of them are combat capable.

Comment

I still think China is the bigger threat because their economy is 6 times bigger than Russia's. If they decide to spend all their cash on the PLA and develop a more hostile foreign policy than they are a real threat. This wont happen for some time because they are dependent on the US market, but once the boom days in China are over, they will begin to rely on the military industrial complex, and to give it an edge they will develop a foreign policy adverse to western wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by ZFBoxcar
                            I still think China is the bigger threat because their economy is 6 times bigger than Russia's. If they decide to spend all their cash on the PLA and develop a more hostile foreign policy than they are a real threat. This wont happen for some time because they are dependent on the US market, but once the boom days in China are over, they will begin to rely on the military industrial complex, and to give it an edge they will develop a foreign policy adverse to western wishes.
                            In PPP terms it is. In absolute GDP, the gulf is not so great.

Comment

Sorry Gents,

The only reason why the PLA can take on the Russian Army is because the Russian Army is in Chechnya. There is absolutely no way the PLA can go on the offensive and no way to stay on the defensive even if they took Siberia.

And NO, Russian doctrine is NOT outdated and in fact have adapted (actually lessons re-learned). Witness the difference between the 1st and 2nd Chechen Wars.

By contrast, what we know of the Chinese PLA's WZC, it ain't nowhere close.

The Chinese can only take Siberia because Siberia is under-defended but no way can they take on the full Russian Army once it's mobilized either on the defence or offence.

BTW, Tom Clancy's "The Bear and the Dragon" is one piece of garbage. Why would Russian Army Engrs build an invasion route for the PLA?

Comment

Siberia lends itself to guerilla warfare. If there were an invasion, it might take awhile for the Russians to organize a full military response, but they can make it hell for the Chinese invaders in the meantime.

Comment

Working...
                                X