• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parihaka View Post
    Here ya go
    Excellente!
    HD Ready?

Comment

>Here ya go

Bring tears to your eyes? Is it fake? Don't know but a couple of things.

Maybe it's the angle, but for something that intense, I would expect to see more of the elevators on the rear surfaces. Also, where's the aircraft's shadow? Finally, while it seems that the wings are reflected off the skin, it looks like it's a runway reflected under the nose, something constructed reflected off the skin at the level of the cockpit windows.
      ---------------------------------------------
      (As AirWolf goes into a 90 degree power climb on turbos. "WOW! Look at that!"--Flight Baker (air intercept) pilot, (w,stte), AirWolf "Moffet's Ghost")

Comment

Originally posted by SnowLeopard View Post
        >Here ya go

Bring tears to your eyes? Is it fake? Don't know but a couple of things.

Maybe it's the angle, but for something that intense, I would expect to see more of the elevators on the rear surfaces. Also, where's the aircraft's shadow? Finally, while it seems that the wings are reflected off the skin, it looks like it's a runway reflected under the nose, something constructed reflected off the skin at the level of the cockpit windows.
        ---------------------------------------------
        (As AirWolf goes into a 90 degree power climb on turbos. "WOW! Look at that!"--Flight Baker (air intercept) pilot, (w,stte), AirWolf "Moffet's Ghost")
        Yah, there was a big discussion on this pic first time it was posted. Someone pointed out that you can easily read the signs on the runway, and the runway itself shows significant foreshortening. I believe the general opinion was that the high angle was an illusion formed by the unusual angle of the shot. Also possibly taken with a telephoto lens. Looks to me like it might be at a 30 or 40 degree climb, pretty steep but far from vertical. Amazing shot, though.
        I enjoy being wrong too much to change my mind.

Comment

Last edited by Parihaka; 08 Dec 06,, 12:49.
          In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

For those of you unfamiliar with dealing with photos larger than your screen, right click on the photo and select view image. If you've got a Mac it's control click

Leibniz

Comment

Leibniz

Comment

The thing I like about black and white is that colour confuses contrast: the nuances of the scene are lost in the clash conflicting colour.

Leibniz

Comment

But then sometimes colour has it's own meaning

Leibniz

Comment

Infact sometimes it's downright essential

Leibniz

Comment

Speak for themselves really

Leibniz

Comment

Originally posted by parihaka View Post
                        The thing I like about black and white is that colour confuses contrast: the nuances of the scene are lost in the clash conflicting colour.
                        I like the lightning photo, Pari! :)
                        "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Now, everytime someone asks me what I have the black ass about, that motorcycle picture will surely come to mind.

Comment

The picture with the jet happened in L'viv, Ukraine, 2002 or somithing like that, SU-27 crashed but drunk Ukranian pilots had escaped.
                            Наша жизнь как пианино: белая клавиша, черная клавиша и крышка

Comment

Originally posted by Julie View Post
                              the black ass about,
                              "To dream of the person you would like to be is to waste the person you are."-Sholem Asch

"I always turn to the sports page first, which records people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures."-Earl Warren

"I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."-Nancy Reagan, when asked a political question at a "Just Say No" rally

"He no play-a da game, he no make-a da rules."-Earl Butz, on the Pope's attitude toward birth control

Comment

Originally posted by THL View Post
                                http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/sho...7&postcount=40

The motorcycle pic......when someone is in a bad mood, you've never heard anyone say, "what do they have the blackass about?"

Comment

Working...
                                X