The New Iraqi Army

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Iraqi Army

From what I've gathered these guys are a bigger threat to the insurgents and Zarqawi's group than we are. More than half of the new Iraqi army quit at the height of the insurgency when battling Sunni forces in Fallujah and al-Sadr's militia in southern Iraq, but it seems like they've been a great help in operations thus far.

Some of the Iraqi troops are wearing USGI PASGT helmets with the camoflague fabric stripped off. Their uniforms also appear to be surplus from the US military, and the boots are USGI DMS desert boots.

Maybe the Pentagon brass can put it on the agenda to supply these guys with some surplus US military jeeps, so at least they won't have to ride around in civilian vehicles.
    Attached Files
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

More pics:
    Attached Files

Comment

More pictures:
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Irondüke
        Maybe the Pentagon brass can put it on the agenda to supply these guys with some surplus US military jeeps, so at least they won't have to ride around in civilian vehicles.

Wat happened to te equipment of the old Iraqi Army?

Comment

most likely scrapped, but its was dated anyways
          "I'm against picketting, but i dont know how to show it"

Comment

They are best equiped army(as far as individual soldiers go) in the region excepting western nations and Israel.

Comment

Originally posted by Praxus
              They are best equiped army(as far as individual soldiers go) in the region excepting western nations and Israel.
              The Turks.

Comment

Working...
              X