X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bonehead View Post
    Resistance is futile.
    Shush....
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• Originally posted by surfgun View Post
      An AK magazine having its way with an AR.
      Might as well go with 300 blackout. The feed is more reliable and fewer parts to change. They even use the same magazine, which significantly reduces logistics issue.

Comment

• I probably would, if I was not already invested in the 6.5 Grendel. It is an amazing cartridge, an 125 grain bullet out of a standard sized AR that is still supersonic at 1,000 yards! Not to mention a very accurate cartridge that bucks the wind very well and makes me wonder if the .308 is still needed? But I love the M-1A/M-14 platform, so the .308 will remain in the inventory.

Comment

• Just added some fuzzy grips to my PPQ :)

Comment

• [QUOTE=citanon;986539]Just added some fuzzy grips to my PPQ :)

I like my PPQ plain and naked.........ooh baby :Dancing-Banana:
            Attached Files
            CADPIPE

Comment

• If Walther ever reasonably priced the P88, it would have been mine.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgnq7Ddy5As

Comment

• Originally posted by surfgun View Post
                If Walther ever reasonably priced the P88, it would have been mine.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgnq7Ddy5As
                Not a fan of fantastic plastic?

Comment

• I have a few Glock's even a plastic Beretta. My Walther's happen to be made of metal. Plastic has its place, cheap and rugged and can be dinged and nobody cares (more basic tool, versus art form of engineering). The plastic, just lacks the aesthetics and "soul" of classy all metal pistol/revolver.
                  Plastic pistols are here to stay and are perfect for a knock about service pistol (tool).
                  Last edited by surfgun; 18 Feb 15,, 23:57.

Comment

• I am toying around with what my next purchase should be. My list:

1. Mossberg 590a1 (preferably 9RD)
                    2. Ruger SR9C (for carrying, if I ever get around to doing that)
                    3. Sig P22x in 9mm (becuase I would like to own at least 1 Sig)
                    4. Browning HP (needs no explanation, coming from a 1911 fan )

Out of these, only the Mossy and/ or the Ruger will probably have any kind of defensive uses. The Sig and BHP (if I do get them) will probably just be range toys
                    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

• Why restrict the HP to the range? It seems like it would carry as well as a 1911. I've always been a fan of them, for some reason never pulled the trigger (pun intended) on buying one though. That and a CZ-75.

Hopefully I'll be picking up a Tokarev in the near future, if all the stars align. I just love old commie guns.
                      "Bother", said Poo, chambering another round.

Comment

• Originally posted by tuna View Post
                        Why restrict the HP to the range? It seems like it would carry as well as a 1911. I've always been a fan of them, for some reason never pulled the trigger (pun intended) on buying one though. That and a CZ-75.

Hopefully I'll be picking up a Tokarev in the near future, if all the stars align. I just love old commie guns.
                        Fair point:

The reason for that is the following:
                        1. For any defensive gun, I would like the option to have a rail where I can add light/ laser, even if it is a carry gun. My MP40 has one and it has improved the balance significantly, not to mention that availability of the light
                        2. Again for defensive purposes, the external safety is worrisome. It is also an issue with the Ruger SR9C, but I have the option of not using it in a striker fired pistol with other safety features built in. I do not have that option in a single action gun like the BHP
                        3. A carry piece would get dinged around. I would not want that to happen to my 1911 or any BHP I own
                        "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

• Originally posted by antimony View Post
                          3. Sig P22x in 9mm (becuase I would like to own at least 1 Sig)
                          Let's get this out of the way first, YOU WILL NEVER OWN ONLY ONE SIG!

That's what they all say: I'll just buy one. Before you know it, it multiplies into half a dozen, and then you become a sig snob.

Comment

• Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                            Let's get this out of the way first, YOU WILL NEVER OWN ONLY ONE SIG!

That's what they all say: I'll just buy one. Before you know it, it multiplies into half a dozen, and then you become a sig snob.
                            GN

I disagree. Here is the reason: I have never actually enjoyed shooting them. Double stackers are not comfy.

Now 1911s? That's a different matter altogether.

Having said that, I do want to get a DA-SA and Sig seems like a good choice as any.

Comment

• Originally posted by antimony View Post
                              GN

I disagree. Here is the reason: I have never actually enjoyed shooting them. Double stackers are not comfy.

Now 1911s? That's a different matter altogether.

Having said that, I do want to get a DA-SA and Sig seems like a good choice as any.
                              P225, 9mm single stack, some say it is the most ergonomic of all Sigs. It is rather bulky by today's standards, especially when it only holds 8 rounds. But it does feel very good in the hand. It is not a good fit for people with large hands. The magazine tab would poke at the pinky of someone holding it with large hands. I have medium sized hands and it's perfect for me.

P220, in 9mm if you can find one. P220 in 9mm with American mag release is the rarest of them all. Grab one if you find one. It's humongous for an 8-shot 9mm pistol by today's standards. Definitely a range gun rather than a carry.

P226 in 9mm with E2 grip is pretty good. You can try aluminum grip of you prefer something in between E2 and stock plastic grip size wise.

Comment

• I love the idea of the High Power. Beautiful Classic design that is still available. The only thing to knock about it is that people say the trigger pull is heavy. It is a design that less tunable and has much less support than the 1911.
                                The Sig Sauer P220 grip is pretty darn skiny. A pristine P225 would be hard to come by as they have been out of production for about twenty years.
                                If one want a surplus Tokarev, it appears the Yugoslav and the Polish guns have just about dried up. The Romanian Tokarev pistols are still around, but who knows for how much longer?
                                Last edited by surfgun; 19 Feb 15,, 21:23.

Comment

Working...
                                X