This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by surfgun View Post
    Here is another fancy way to pimp out ones 10/22, to turn it into a clone of an FN 5.7mm carbine.
    http://www.hightowerarmory.com/Produ...ode=HTA9022ODG
    Originally posted by tuna View Post
    And with the 10/22 (actually, any mag fed semi .22 - 10/22 is just the most popular), the first thing to do is get a handful of mags (five at least), a brick of ammo or two and find a local Appleseed meeting. Awesome learning experience.
    They really are a lot of fun to, as you put it, "pimp out," aren't they?

What is Appleseed tuna? Sounds interesting.

Comment

• https://appleseedinfo.org

It is a rifleman training seminar, either one or two days. I've been several times, and always leave a little better of a shot than I arrived.
      It also teaches the history of the battle of Lexington and Concord, without being too over the top, just the facts. On the humorous side, it is partnered with the Revolutionary War Veterans Association, and says so on the T-shirt....which leads go odd questions from young sirmen at the base gym, lol.
      It is also free to military, vets, women and children.

You'll have a blast!
      "Bother", said Poo, chambering another round.

Comment

• Originally posted by tuna View Post
        And with the 10/22 (actually, any mag fed semi .22 - 10/22 is just the most popular), the first thing to do is get a handful of mags (five at least), a brick of ammo or two and find a local Appleseed meeting. Awesome learning experience.
        At first I thought an Appleseed meeting was some kind of local 'anti-gun' political movement - which kind of made Tuna's post a little disturbing. :)
        If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

• You ever get that feeling that you're about 2000 rounds of 22LR short of what you should have?

I missed out on an incredible deal and now I feel I'm about 5000 rounds of 22LR short of what I should have.
          "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• Well I don't own any guns,but I wanted to ask one question.
            Is the DSR 50 available for civilian purchase or is it strictly for the services?

Comment

• I found a couple of web sites that appear to sell to civilians. Availability could be a problem and they sure are not cheap.
              Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                You ever get that feeling that you're about 2000 rounds of 22LR short of what you should have?

I missed out on an incredible deal and now I feel I'm about 5000 rounds of 22LR short of what I should have.
                Ah. So all the .22 ammo is going to California. In Oregon we are still fighting over a single box of 50……..whenever we can find one on the shelves.

Comment

• Speaking of .22's. I have been pondering giving the son my old Ruger 10-22. Then i have a good reason to buy a new one for me. Right now a "Kidd classic sporter" is on my radar. Would by any chance anyone here have any familiarity with them? I am reluctant to throw that kind of money down for a .22.
                  http://www.coolguyguns.com/KIDD-22LR...fle_p_124.html

Comment

• Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                    Speaking of .22's. I have been pondering giving the son my old Ruger 10-22. Then i have a good reason to buy a new one for me. Right now a "Kidd classic sporter" is on my radar. Would by any chance anyone here have any familiarity with them? I am reluctant to throw that kind of money down for a .22.
                    http://www.coolguyguns.com/KIDD-22LR...fle_p_124.html
                    Dear lord $1100 for a 10/22!?

I bought a Take-down model for $310 about 2 years ago. Haven't had the chance to shoot it yet. You can get a very basic synthetic stock 10/22 for $190, even in California.
                    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• Originally posted by bonehead View Post
                      I found a couple of web sites that appear to sell to civilians. Availability could be a problem and they sure are not cheap.
                      That is all the info I needed.

Thanks a lot, much appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                        Dear lord $1100 for a 10/22!?

I bought a Take-down model for $310 about 2 years ago. Haven't had the chance to shoot it yet. You can get a very basic synthetic stock 10/22 for $190, even in California.
                        My thoughts exactly when I saw the price. I wouldn't save anything by getting Kidd components and building it myself. The rifle is more than a fancy stock. You get a top of the line barrel and a trigger that puts other rifles to shame. In short the rifle is built by one of the best in the business. More than likely the rifle will hold value too.

Comment

• Sorry, I couldn't help myself. It made me laugh!

https://youtu.be/g1YgcHJtGVE
                          Last edited by Monash; 07 Mar 16,, 12:04.
                          If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

• None. I feel that I'll be scared to get drunk if I'll own a gun in my house :D Or i'll become like this guy:
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOnotjiwuIA

Comment

• Too many to list...
                              Use enough gun

Comment

• Old thread...

My Dad passed away last year. He had an aneurysm in his aorta which blew up. Mom went in for surgery for the same thing and that's a whole other story. I was worried it was hereditary, but my doctor pulled up a CAT scan I had done and I looked perfect. Both of them were heavy smokers which probably did it.

Anyway, being a collector, he had some 110 rifles and 75 pistols which my two brothers and I had to divide up. It took a few days as each rifle that came up we would tell some story about it. My collection has pretty much quadrupled from this.

He also had, I'm guessing some 100,000 cartridge cases as well and hundreds of cast bullets and their molds as well as normal jacketed stuff. I probably won't be buying much for some time.

Some of my highlights:
                                • M1 Carbine - all original 1943 build from Inland. Even eats cast bullets for breakfast.
                                • M1903 Springfield (a brother grabbed the Garand ) This isn't a 03A3, but a WWI model whose sights are near impossible for me to see
                                • Remington model 8 and 81 - these are full recoil operated rifles, I've happily found that M1903 Springfield stripper clips are fully compatable with these The 8 is in .35 Remington and the 81 is in .300 Savage
                                • Walther P-38 - appears to be a bastardized mix of war and post war parts
                                • Numerious Colt revolvers - I gave each of my 2 sons one in .38 Special as they can find ammo for these. My remaining ones are all in long forgotten calibers that I can reload anyway.
                                • Martini-Henry in .577-.450 - very fun to shoot and reloadable for me.
                                • Japanese Arisaka in 6.5. I should have grabbed the 7.7 he had as it was one my Grandfather brought back from Tinian during the war. Dad had beautifully refinished this one. It had a bayonet with a wooden scabbard which seemed to match everything
                                • plus a bunch more...

Most of his stuff was WWII era or earlier. He did have a very nice heavy barrel AR-15 all scoped out. It sorta looks like an A1 with the triangular foregrips, but everything's in wood. Very elegent.

Comment

Working...
                                X