This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by M21Sniper
    Well by cheap do you mean pump, semi, or over-under(of which cheap means $1000 and up)?

Cheap pump that's good, a used Rem 870 is a good un. For a cheap semi a good used Rem 11-87, or even better a nice top grade used Beretta or Browning. Over-unders are goofy expensive, i've never owned one, i can't help ya there, lol.
    Single barrel, pumps fine, I just want something that's accurate so I can look good when I join the local club.
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

• Originally posted by parihaka
      Single barrel, pumps fine, I just want something that's accurate so I can look good when I join the local club.
      I'm in love with my Ithica, but they're more expensive than the Remmingtons.
      No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
      I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
      even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
      He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

• Originally posted by Confed999
        I'm in love with my Ithica, but they're more expensive than the Remmingtons.
        remmingtons look nice, is the Ithaca the Upland or Deerslayer (remember I'm a novice)

Leibniz

Comment

remmingtons look nice, is the Ithaca the Upland or Deerslayer (remember I'm a novice)
          I have a Deerslayer, and I dwell just beyond novice myself. ;)
          I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
          even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
          He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

I have a Deerslayer, and I dwell just beyond novice myself. ;)
            Maybe we could arrange a test-drive/shootoff when I'm over there ;)

Leibniz

Comment

Maybe we could arrange a test-drive/shootoff when I'm over there ;)
              Funny you said that, I was thinking the same. I already was checking the directory of gun ranges in Orlando. Figured I'd talk Dad into going up with me, he lives near there, and checking some out before your visit. ;)

Comment

Funny you said that, I was thinking the same. I already was checking the directory of gun ranges in Orlando. Figured I'd talk Dad into going up with me, he lives near there, and checking some out before your visit. ;)
                Cooooool

Leibniz

Comment

Well that has a hell of a lot more to do with you than the shotgun bro. Honestly, IMO i suck at Trap&Skeet, so the shotgun doesnt much matter. Likewise, a champ skeet shooter will look great with a 28 gauge O/U(yep, ive seen that done before!)
                  Last edited by Bill; 27 Apr 06,, 06:03.

Comment

Well that has a hell of a lot more to do with you than the shotgun bro.
                    I went away for the weekend on a stag do a year or so ago. Boys weekend away, driving quad bikes, shooting traps followed by copious drinking. Anyway, having only ever shot a .303 and .22 before I managed to beat the 20 other guys in the trapshooting, including a South African army guy and an ex-Israeli diplomatic protection squad member, perfect score. So thought I might take it up as a hobby and I wouldn't embarrass myself too much. Her indoors will 'allow' me to do it if I don't keep the gun at home

Leibniz

Comment

Her indoors will 'allow' me to do it if I don't keep the gun at home
                      I meant to ask this before, WTF are "indoors"? ;)

Comment

I meant to ask this before, WTF are "indoors"? ;)
                        Her indoors comes from an old english programme where one of the characters refered to his wife as her indoors. indoors means inside, so literally the woman inside the house, or as another way I like to put it, "she who shall be obeyed"

Leibniz

Comment

Her indoors comes from an old english programme where one of the characters refered to his wife as her indoors. indoors means inside, so literally the woman inside the house, or as another way I like to put it, "she who shall be obeyed"
                          Kewl, I was guessing it was relatives you let in the house. I have a few that don't get past the door, unless it's life or death, myself. ;)

Comment

Kewl, I was guessing it was relatives you let in the house. I have a few that don't get past the door, unless it's life or death, myself. ;)
                            I feel ya man. I 've got an old Titan .25 acp, a ruger 10/22, a 50 year old remington pump 20 gauge, and a WWII springfield that I use for deer hunting.
                            Last edited by Guitarguy; 27 Apr 06,, 08:28.

Comment

It jammed constantly in semi-mode, the folding stock cut my cheek(very sharp edges), it weighed as much as a cadillac, and the spring loaded "pump action" mode was balky and awkward.

Beyond that, it was just great...

LOL.
                              I cant argue with that, however i do believe that Remi offer affordable and reliable off the self shooters, as for Hunting Rifles"Offcr-of Engineers" I dont hunt to much but have an Edgar Brothers .222 for the odd ocassion.

A friend on mine has a James Perty & Sons Shotgun "Side by Side" -Ofcouse! Totally what i would call a marvel of British Hunting Supremacy.

Comment

• My dwindling arsenal

Since I retired a couple of years ago I have been getting rid of my guns.
                                I still have most of my favorites though.
                                1895 Winchester in 30/40 Krag
                                1895 Mauser (spanish) 7 MM
                                1895 Steyr strait pull
                                model 99 Savage I'm not sure what caliber it is. 30 Savage I suspect
                                Moisin Nagant the Finnish Variant
                                Swedish Mauser target rifle ( looks military though )
                                3 really nice Colt Pythons. One is factory tuned with pearl grips I got off of an old Colt Official Police .38.
                                Colt police positive special 32-20 ( circa 1926)
                                Colt .38 Super Govt. Model
                                Colt commercial .45 auto ( circa 1926 )
                                Steyr GB 9 MM
                                Glock19 9MM
                                CZ-75B 9 MM ( Custom plated.. gorgeous )
                                Unique Model "L" .22 auto
                                Smith&Wesson model 58 M&P .41Mag
                                Smith&Wesson model 61 .22
                                Smith&Wesson Model 27 .357 Mag
                                Smith&Wesson K-22 ( circa 1947)
                                Riotized 12 gauge High standard Auto shot gun. 7 shot mag tube, hand guard,flash light, red dot sight ( all the crap people hang on riot guns these days.
                                Boito Over under 12 gauge ( shortened for compactness. it is EXACTLY legal.
                                Mossberg 590
                                2 AR-15 parts guns
                                Springfeild M-1A
                                Valmet M-76 FS 5.56 MM
                                I guess I have another 10 or so .22 rifles and some replica civil war muzzle loaders.

I used to have many more. I sold most. I've traded some for reloading equipment and an old 1968 Cougar that has been nicely restored. I used to take alot of pride in guns but now it seems like I had tons of money just sitting around doing nothing. While many consider them an investment when it comes time to sell its almost always a buyers market and often I was lucky to break even. In retrospect I should have invested more of what I spent on firearms and other things in retirement funds.

Comment

Working...
                                X