Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next year an all stainless version of the P220 is to be offered in 10mm!

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc...5/m/4280076263

Comment

• Originally posted by citanon View Post
      But sir, there is no 10mm in your collection.
      That's OK. I've shot a castrated 10mm (40SW) and did not like the snappy recoil. It's the same reason I stay away from 44 magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world...it can blow your head clean off....

Let's get semi-decent with a 9mm first. Then maybe get better with 45ACP. And after that we'll talk about a 10mm.
      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• Originally posted by surfgun View Post
        Next year an all stainless version of the P220 is to be offered in 10mm!

SIG-Sauer announces the P220 10mm - Topic
        The most important accessory:

Comment

• Originally posted by gunnut View Post
          That's OK. I've shot a castrated 10mm (40SW) and did not like the snappy recoil. It's the same reason I stay away from 44 magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world...it can blow your head clean off....

Let's get semi-decent with a 9mm first. Then maybe get better with 45ACP. And after that we'll talk about a 10mm.
          I put a laser light combo on my S&W MP40. That helped it quite a bit.
          "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

• My experience is with the 10mm, I own 3 types and have shot 5 different 10mm's (Colt Delta Elite , S&W 1006, EAA metal framed, Glock's 20 and 29), is that they don't kick much more than a .45 ACP +p. Light weight .40's are snappier than a 10mm. After one shoots a .44 Magnum ( I love my 38 oz. S&W Mountain Gun 4" 629), the .45 and 10mm are indistinguishable as both are pussy cats.
            Last edited by surfgun; 15 Nov 14,, 23:23.

Comment

• Must....resist....buying....more guns....

Almost reached 1 year mark.

Comment

• Originally posted by antimony View Post
                I put a laser light combo on my S&W MP40. That helped it quite a bit.
                You have an MP40....I am very jealous of you now:)

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

• Originally posted by lemontree View Post
                  Just to clarify.

He meant

Not

Of course someone figured there's a market for semi auto 22LR replicas of the real thing:

Comment

Just to clarify.

He meant

Not

Of course someone figured there's a market for semi auto 22LR replicas of the real thing:

Stop spoiling the fun :)
                    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

• Originally posted by lemontree View Post
                      Captain

As GN stated, I have the pistol (Military & Police S&W 40), not the SMG Machine Pistol. It is a huge hassle to actually legally own full autos in the US, but if I ever want one, I think I would go for the H&K MP5. I do want to own an FN FAL (what used to the SLR before INSAS was introduced) if I can, someday.

Comment

• These are not photos of my actual firearms, but they are representative of what's in my inventory:

Remington Model 700 in .308;

Windham Weaponry AR-15 SRC in NATO 5.56/Remington .223

M-1 Carbine, Manufactured by the Singer Sewing Machine company during WWII, in .30 cal;

My son's Ruger 10/22 before and after, but without the drum magazine . . . so far;

Springfield Armory Model XD Tactical 5" in .45 cal;

My wife's Springfield Armory Model XD Sub-Compact 3" in 9mm (we both carry concealed, because it's Arizona and we can).

Attached Files
                        Last edited by desertswo; 24 Dec 14,, 06:02.

Comment

• 10mm

Originally posted by surfgun View Post
                          My experience is with the 10mm, I own 3 types and have shot 5 different 10mm's (Colt Delta Elite , S&W 1006, EAA metal framed, Glock's 20 and 29), is that they don't kick much more than a .45 ACP +p. Light weight .40's are snappier than a 10mm. After one shoots a .44 Magnum ( I love my 38 oz. S&W Mountain Gun 4" 629), the .45 and 10mm are indistinguishable as both are pussy cats.
                          I have similar experience. with the 10mm, however, I have only experience with 2 types, revolver and semi-auto. I have two Kimbers, two deltas (one blue, one SS), and two Smith Revolvers (4" barrel, and 5 1/2" barrel. I have shot others Glocks in 10mm, too big for my hand shooting one handed, as I recall, the smith may have been too large as well.
                          I also do not see them kicking that much. PMC used to make a 170 grain round that I liked, now about there is to be found is 180 grain and 200 grain. I like the 200 grain for the revolver, and use the 180 grins in the semi-autos. Shoot the 4" 500 magnum one time and all the rest feel like .22s. :Dancing-Banana:
                          CADPIPE

Comment

Must....resist....buying....more guns....

Almost reached 1 year mark.
                            Resistance is futile.
                            Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

• The want is strong.... ;)

Attached Files

Comment

• An AK magazine having its way with an AR.

Comment

Working...
                                X