Springfield Model 1866
    Springfield Model 1868
    Springfield Model 1873
    Springfield Model 1884

Springfield Model 1898 (Krag)

Turkish Mauser
    Enfield No 4

Mosin-Nagant 1891/30
    Mosin-Nagant 1891/30 cut down. Might have been one put out by Sears.
    Mosin-Nagant Model 1944

AR-15 -A2 setup with PWA lower receiver
    Tantal -Polish AK-74 (very fun)

Yugoslavian SKS

Repro Springfield 1842 musket (rifled)
    Repro Springfield 1861 musket
    Repro Sharps carbine (civil war variety)

Chinese made Tokarev (7.62 and 9mm barrels & mags)

Ed-

Comment

• Originally posted by surfgun View Post
      A Taurus looks like a S&W on the outside. Take the side plate off, and it is a whole different animal.
      I happen to own a Taurus single action revolver, I own a few Glocks too.
      Harumph! I'll be damned, surfgun you have done and proved me wrong.:wors:

I always thought that Taurus used the S&W tooling to make their revolvers, but I guess they didn't. Like you said, completely different mechanisms. I'd never compared them side by side before.

Won't say that the Taurus method is inferior, but I will say it's different.

Did Taurus use Beretta tooling for their autos?
      "Bother", said Poo, chambering another round.

Comment

• Taurus has an old set of Beretta tooling, to make their 92 and 99 series, but that tooling may been worn out and replaced years ago. Decades ago they had a set of tooling to make the .25 ACP Jetfire as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Minskaya View Post
          The Taurus is in the United States. The Glock in Israel. The Barak in Ukraine. To avoid bureaucratic headaches, I won't specify where the Jericho and the Kimber are located.
          I bet they in Swiss Bank number accounts, with stacks of cash and multiple passports in the name of Jessica Bourne :)
          "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Taurus has an old set of Beretta tooling, to make their 92 and 99 series, but that tooling may been worn out and replaced years ago. Decades ago they had a set of tooling to make the .25 ACP Jetfire as well.
            Taurus and S&W used to be owned by the same parent company. S&W stuff flowed into Brazil to make its DA revolvers.

Taurus won a contract to manufacture Beretta 92 for Brazilian government. Minor changes were made to local specifications. Mostly to relocate the slide mounted safety to the frame (improvement in my opinion).

I like Taurus DA revolvers. They work and have lifetime warranty that goes with the gun rather than the owner.
            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• Taurus did not change the model 92 safety until they changed the safety also into a multi purpose safety / decocker about 20 years ago. The safety was always on the frame as was the early Beretta 92's. All early model 92's had frame mounted safeties until the safety was moved to the slide on the Beretta 92 in 1977.

Comment

• Phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range.
                "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Taurus did not change the model 92 safety until they changed the safety also into a multi purpose safety / decocker about 20 years ago. The safety was always on the frame as was the early Beretta 92's. All early model 92's had frame mounted safeties until the safety was moved to the slide on the Beretta 92 in 1977.
                  Really? I did not know that. I have never seen a Beretta 92 with frame safety. I thought that's a superior design to slide mounted safety. I have problem using the safety on my Walther P38, but no problems at all with my Beretta 84.

Comment

• Yup, here is photo.
                    Beretta Web - Mobel 92

Comment

Yup, here is photo.
                      Beretta Web - Mobel 92
                      Cool!

I see that I have a Beretta not on that list -- 948 in 22LR. It was made in 1952 and still works.:)

I love the 84BB. I wish I can get a few more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Minskaya View Post
                        IMI Jericho - .45 ACP
                        Kimber M1911 Gold Combat - .45 ACP
                        Glock 21 - .45 ACP
                        IMI Barak - 9mm
                        Taurus PT92 - 9mm
                        How is the availability of .45 ACP in countries other than the USA, say Ukraine and Israel?
                        All those who are merciful with the cruel will come to be cruel to the merciful.
                        -Talmud Kohelet Rabbah, 7:16.

Comment

• Last weekend I bought a cheap Anderson lower on a whim. One thing led to another and I now have a DPMS LPK, BCM, Buffer kit, M4 stock, some PMAGs and a freaking LE6920 upper headed my way!!!:bang::insane:

Moral of the story, stay the hell away from the local gun store :pari:
                          "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

• Originally posted by antimony View Post
                            Moral of the story, stay the hell away from the local gun store :pari:
                            No, Moral of the story is that you've got a lot of ass kissing, foot massaging, begging for mercy to do ... but it's worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                              No, Moral of the story is that you've got a lot of ass kissing, foot massaging, begging for mercy to do ... but it's worth it.
                              I hope all these are meant for his wife, not for the gun store owner.
                              No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                                I hope all these are meant for his wife, not for the gun store owner.
                                Dok,

That was brilliant, even though it was at my expense

Colonel,

What she doesn't know can't hurt me

Comment

Working...
                                X