SMLE No 1 MK III 1913
    SMLE No 1 MK III* 1916
    SMLE No 1 MK V 1922 (on the way)
    Rifle No 4 Mk 1* 1942 Savage
    Rifle No 4 MK 1/2 1942 FTR 1953
    Rifle No 5 Mk 1 ROF (F) 1947
    Finn Mosin Nagant 7.62 x 54R 1942
    Mauser Kar 98 8mm 1943

I'll leave off the "evil black rifles" and handguns.

For the curious:
    MNPD issue:

Glock 22 .40
    Remington 870 14" bbl with ghost rings, sidesaddle, and surefire taclight
    S&W 49 .38spl (confiscated weapon)
    Attached Files
    Rule 303

Comment

My dad was a DA and he managed to get ahold of a murder weapon. He tried the case, checked the weapon out of evidence, and the evidence people simply forgot to ask for it back. It was a S&W .38 of some kind.
      "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by Beaugeste93
        Martini-Henry MK III .577-450
        Martini-Henry civilian sporter
        Egyptian Citadel Martini-Enfield .303 1903
        SMLE Converted MK 2* 1906 conversion on 1896 receiver
        SMLE No 1 MK III 1913
        SMLE No 1 MK III* 1916
        SMLE No 1 MK V 1922 (on the way)
        Rifle No 4 Mk 1* 1942 Savage
        Rifle No 4 MK 1/2 1942 FTR 1953
        Rifle No 5 Mk 1 ROF (F) 1947
        Finn Mosin Nagant 7.62 x 54R 1942
        Mauser Kar 98 8mm 1943

I'll leave off the "evil black rifles" and handguns.

For the curious:
        MNPD issue:

Glock 22 .40
        Remington 870 14" bbl with ghost rings, sidesaddle, and surefire taclight
        S&W 49 .38spl (confiscated weapon)
        Wow, you must like the Brits and their guns lol. The Martini is probably one of the most powerful rifles ever made (could take out 2 or 3 Zulus and still have stopping power), sadly it overheats to quickly and jams (aka Isandlawana).

Do you like the .40 Glock? My local agency was one of the 1st major US law enforcement agencies to adopt the automatic handgun in the and since then they have had nothing but complaints about the 9mm version, like it cant penetrate doors, etc. You arent issued a AR-15?

Comment

Depending on the situation, low-level penetration can be a good thing, especially in a hostage-rescue situation. You don't want the bullets to go flying all over the place in cramped areas, possibly hitting hostages or team members.
          "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202
            Wow, you must like the Brits and their guns lol. The Martini is probably one of the most powerful rifles ever made (could take out 2 or 3 Zulus and still have stopping power), sadly it overheats to quickly and jams (aka Isandlawana).

Do you like the .40 Glock? My local agency was one of the 1st major US law enforcement agencies to adopt the automatic handgun in the and since then they have had nothing but complaints about the 9mm version, like it cant penetrate doors, etc. You arent issued a AR-15?

Yes, I have been revealed as the closet brit weapons anglophile that i am. Its ironic that British subjects can't own them...

My academy class was the first to get the .40 Glock. It took an officer getting shot and killed to get them. Prior to that we were issued .38 revolvers, but one could buy one of four approved 9mm semiautos with their own money if they liked. I really like glocks in general and the .40 is fine. If I had my druthers I would be allowed to carry a 1911-type .45 but that will never happen here.

We're trying hard to get ARs approved now, but we won't see them anytime soon. The original proposal was for Department-issued guns, which i think is a mistake. We've got too many officers who can't keep an 870 clean ( and a few who couldn't hit the ground if they dropped their weapon). An 870 will go "bang" even after being neglected, an AR won't. The way to go in my opinion is to let those of us who own one or are willing to buy one be trained on them. That would simplify training greatly. They already have policies in place for SWAT and K9 AR's.
            We have one Deputy Chief pushing for them, the others don't seem to like the idea. Coincidentally, she is the only one of them with any significant street time...
            Rule 303

Comment

Originally posted by Beaugeste93
              Yes, I have been revealed as the closet brit weapons anglophile that i am. Its ironic that British subjects can't own them...

My academy class was the first to get the .40 Glock. It took an officer getting shot and killed to get them. Prior to that we were issued .38 revolvers, but one could buy one of four approved 9mm semiautos with their own money if they liked. I really like glocks in general and the .40 is fine. If I had my druthers I would be allowed to carry a 1911-type .45 but that will never happen here.

We're trying hard to get ARs approved now, but we won't see them anytime soon. The original proposal was for Department-issued guns, which i think is a mistake. We've got too many officers who can't keep an 870 clean ( and a few who couldn't hit the ground if they dropped their weapon). An 870 will go "bang" even after being neglected, an AR won't. The way to go in my opinion is to let those of us who own one or are willing to buy one be trained on them. That would simplify training greatly. They already have policies in place for SWAT and K9 AR's.
              We have one Deputy Chief pushing for them, the others don't seem to like the idea. Coincidentally, she is the only one of them with any significant street time...
              Yeah, all officers here have dept issued ARs and shotguns.

All chiefs (we have about 25 in PD and 8 or so in SO) are appointed by the 5 star guys (commissioner or sheriff), one went from lieutenant to deputy chief (skipping 4 ranks) and then we have 4 chief ranks, they invented one just so the Sheriff could wear 5 stars rather then 4, its insane let me tell ya. The corruption and political crap is what will keep me from applying to the Sheriff's Office or County Police when im 21.

Comment

actually the only gun i own (meaning its mine) is a Feinwerkbau 300 .177cal Airrifle with a scope, but i borrowed two nice thingies...
                #1 is the SIG-510 (also referred to as Stgw 57), the first Swiss assault rifle (i borrowed it from my uncle)
                #2 is the SIG-550 (referred to as Stgw 90), the (you guessed it) second Swiss assault rifle which made it into serial production. This one is lent to me from the state :)

Comment

Two of my favorite things:

http://img85.exs.cx/img85/4814/ak47andm45gb.jpg

Yes, those are mine. ;)

Comment

Lucky you.

Comment

As of now, I own no guns. My father has several and I use them whenever I can. I have fired a 9mm sig, and a .40 sig. I enjoy learning about weapons, military ones in particular.

Once I finish my education, I hope to own a pistol. Hopefully it will be a glock or sig in .40.

I am interested in a law enforcemnet, so who knows...

Comment

What kind of duty would you want to do in law enforcement?
                        I'm interested in joining the EOD in the Army.

Comment

M-66 Zastava SKS, Mosin-Nagant M1891-30, Browning Hi-Power, Para-Ordanance M1911. Thats about it.

Comment

Sig SAUER Sig Pro SPC 2009 9mm, Sig SAUER P226, P228, HK USP, and the LL Bean New Englander.

-Tink

Comment

Nice. All I have is traditional, hunting-only (except for my semi-auto .22; illegal to hunt with in PA) rifles. But when I get a real job, that'll change.

Comment

I don't own any guns! Nope. Not me! Nosirree, guns are bad. BAD, Evil, evil guns! Don't bother looking in my house for guns! You won't find any! NOPE. If you want a gun you'll just have to look somewhere else, 'cause I'm afraid of 'em!
                                I'd never use a gun for anything. Owning a gun makes you into a wicked person, and I'm to nice to own a gun! NO GUNS FOR ME!

sigpicUSS North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X