Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've always wondered how many WWII guns are still hidden in caches in rural Germany. I'm sure there are some still floating around that were stored carefully enough so that they aren't falling apart from rust.
    "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

• believe me nearly nothing!
      Everybody throw the weapons away after the war.

If they find something like a "military weapon" which is for example a sub- ,or machine gun in your house, you go to jail for years!

What you might get are imported pistols from former eastern block or other european countries, but you also get hard punishment for this and if you do twice you also might see jail.

Comment

• An aluminum baseball bat. I find that in the middle of the night it's a hassle trying to ensure that you have the label up, when using a wooden bat.

I miss a nice picnicky day at the rifle range, as much as anyone, but I just haven't done any shooting since I left the military.
        Work is the curse of the drinking class.

Comment

• Originally posted by leib10 View Post
          I've always wondered how many WWII guns are still hidden in caches in rural Germany. I'm sure there are some still floating around that were stored carefully enough so that they aren't falling apart from rust.
          A family friend of mine has a German Luger used and aqcuired during WWII. It has pretty much all original parts, including the wooden grip. It is stamped 1915 and again 1920 (it was made in 1915 and refurbished in 1920). Since 1920 no part has been replaced (though we can only speculate as to what parts were or were not replaced befored it was aqcuired in the 40's, if any). His uncle found it in a captured German communications base in a drawer and brought it back to America with him. The pistol is still in perfect working condition, he shoots it from time to time and I have shot it myself. Quite a beautiful piece of kit, anyone who has shot a genuine luger knows what I mean. ;)

Comment

• I would really feel uneasy about showing, or even admitting, that I had any guns. I've heard so many horror stories about the BATF.

Comment

• Originally posted by phillip View Post
              I would really feel uneasy about showing, or even admitting, that I had any guns. I've heard so many horror stories about the BATF.
              It's always prudent to be on the paranoid side.

You will never see me with my guns in a picture. You will never see me post what exactly I have. You probably won't even see my picture anywhere on the internet as there aren't many of my pictures to begin with.
              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                It's always prudent to be on the paranoid side.

You will never see me with my guns in a picture. You will never see me post what exactly I have. You probably won't even see my picture anywhere on the internet as there aren't many of my pictures to begin with.
                Wise and prudent decisions on your part. Do not underestimate the power of pictures and written statements that are outside of your control.
                Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

I would really feel uneasy about showing, or even admitting, that I had any guns. I've heard so many horror stories about the BATF.
                  Which is why I only own a Civil War era blackpowder rifle as an heirloom.

I no longer shoot weapons...did enough of it in the Army. Once you have blazed away with an M2 .50 cal for about 2500 rounds in one setting or gone through about 250 round sof 25mm from a BFV, anything else is pretty boring!!!
                  “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                  Mark Twain

Comment

• i am interested in the P250 DC by SIG-Sauer .

i don't own any guns though

Comment

Why not? There are plenty of guns that the BATF would care less about you owning. As long as you stay away from the SBR's and full-autos (and you can get licenses for those) you should be fine.
                      "The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and smell the ashes." G-Man

Comment

• Originally posted by wajahat View Post
                        i am interested in the P250 DC by SIG-Sauer .

i don't own any guns though
                        Wow, I didn't know Sig has a new gun in the line up. I'm a big Sig fan and own 3 Sig pistols.

This one looks interesting but I don't like the DAO action.

Comment

Guns? I don't even want them knowing what kind of ammo I buy. Such information, like ammunition purchases, "probably" wouldn't be the focus of an investigation but why give them an excuse? When they started keeping track of ammunition purchases my father bought another gun in the same caliber to match every one he owned before they had to be registered. .
                          Reddite igitur quae sunt Caesaris Caesari et quae sunt Dei Deo
                          (Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's and unto God the things which are God's)

Comment

• Originally posted by sappersgt View Post
                            Guns? I don't even want them knowing what kind of ammo I buy. Such information, like ammunition purchases, "probably" wouldn't be the focus of an investigation but why give them an excuse? When they started keeping track of ammunition purchases my father bought another gun in the same caliber to match every one he owned before they had to be registered. .
                            That's where gunshows come in handy. Cash transaction and no names exchange hands...

Comment

• I own several guns but my favorite being a Sig 229ST in .40/357sig

Comment

• Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                                That's where gunshows come in handy. Cash transaction and no names exchange hands...
                                Don't get too smug. Soon McCain will join forces with the gun grabbers and close this "gun show loophole". He is good at that sort of thing.
                                Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X