Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharon urges French Jews to move to Israel

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3904943.stm

Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon has urged all French Jews to move to Israel immediately to escape anti-Semitism.
    He told a meeting of the American Jewish Association in Jerusalem that Jews around the world should relocate to Israel as early as possible.

But for those living in France, he added, moving was a "must" because of rising violence against Jews there.

Originally posted by Lunatock
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3904943.stm

Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon has urged all French Jews to move to Israel immediately to escape anti-Semitism.
    He told a meeting of the American Jewish Association in Jerusalem that Jews around the world should relocate to Israel as early as possible.

But for those living in France, he added, moving was a "must" because of rising violence against Jews there.
    I think Sharon is an IDIOT on two counts:

1. Are French Jews cowards? France ia also their land. Any idiot trying to chuck them out should be given a kick in the teeth. History has always portaryed Jews as a whimpring, snivelling lot, knowtowing to everyone in Europe. It is time to stand up and be counted. Of course, it should be with rationale and logic.

2. Israel is still a small country, Can't bulge the population. Lack of Lebenscraum creates problems. Further, Jews outside can influence govts. Inside, not.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

I dont think that would stop rasism Might be a way for him to have a reason to expand.

Comment

What an idiot.

Comment

France: Sharon unwelcome after call on Jews to immigrate
          By HERB KEINON

France informed Israel Monday that Prime Minister Sharon, whose office has been planning a visit to France, is not welcome in light of his call to French Jews to immigrate to Israel.

For the rest of the article click here

Comment

Here we go again... Somebody says something France doesn't like and they immediately start trying to slam the door on any further diplomacy. The worst bit is most of the world believes their vindictive rhetoric.
            No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
            I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
            even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
            He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Confed,

You are really anti French. ;)

Some French girl upset you? :)

On your next trip to Europe, visit France and take out your vengenance on French you know what. ;) Maybe they will 'convert' you!

Notwithstanding, I disagree with Sharon. The Jews MUST stand up. Who the hell are others to intimidate them to leave their home and hearth of centuries. They too have contributed in the glory of France. It is their land as it is of other Frenchmen.
              Last edited by Ray; 19 Jul 04,, 18:28.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
                You are really anti French. ;)
                Sorry, does it really show? ;)
                Originally posted by Ray
                Some French girl upset you? :)
                Nah, once they are properly shaved and washed they're just regular women, with the added bounus that I can't understand a word they're saying.
                Originally posted by Ray
                I disagree with Sharon. The Jews MUST stand up. Who the hell are others to intimidate them to leave their home and hearth of centuries. They too have contributed in the glory of France. It is their land as it is of other Frenchmen.
                I disagree with Sharon as well, but I understand why he said it. Now the French, on the other hand, had the chance to talk to Sharon about this but instead they close the door. It gives me flashbacks to the UN over Iraq.
                No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
                I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
                even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
                He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

Watch this. Sharon will give chirac<spit> the evil eye, chirac<spit> will mess himself and surrender.

Sharon 'not welcome in France'
                  19/07/2004 21:18 - (SA)

Jerusalem - French President Jacques Chirac informed Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon on Monday he is not welcome in Paris after he urged all French Jews to leave the country immediately, Israeli television reported.

Chirac had written that "after some weeks of contacts concerning such a visit it turns out that it is impossible ... and you are not welcome following your comments", according to Channel 2 television.

An Israeli foreign ministry government spokesperson refused to comment on "confidential messages".

Sharon sparked anger in Paris with a speech on Sunday in which he urged all French Jews to move immediately to Israel in order to escape what he called the "spread of the wildest anti-Semitism".

The French foreign office has described Sharon's comments as "unacceptable."

Edited by Tisha Steyn

Comment

Reminds me of when Canada kicked de Gaulle out of my country for similar stupidity.

Comment

"French<spit>glory"????

Ray, what the fuck is that?

LOL. ;)

Comment

Though I don't particularly agree with Sharon this time, I don't think it's cutting and running either. Remember that Israel is first and foremost a Jewish country. Every Jew, no matter from where can gain citizenship and come settle in Israel.
                        Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers
                          Reminds me of when Canada kicked de Gaulle out of my country for similar stupidity.
                          Let me guess, he wanted all the Quebec people to move to France?

"French<spit>glory"????

Ray, what the fuck is that?

LOL.
                          Glory and France do not go togeather :)

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisF202
                            Let me guess, he wanted all the Quebec people to move to France?
                            He said "Vivre Le Quebec!" in Quebec which is a slogan for Quebec Seperation. He was kicked out of Canada real fast.

Comment

I think in this instance you need to understand that the French government have been overtly trying to clamp down on any anti-semiticsm for a while now. This got to the extent where they started taking a lot of heat from the Muslim population in France (which is a much greater number of people that the Jewish population) that the French government was anti-muslim (as you can imagine who is assumed by default to have been the cause of any trouble with the Jewish population).

Chirac had jumped to condem a recent "jewish incident" which was later proved to be a hoax, so keen was he to be backing the French jews. Sharon has acknowledged this effort in the past.

For Sharon to essentially say that French citizens should leave France is, therefore, taken a bit harshly by a government that has made lots of community policing and policy efforts. Especially as the numbers in question are tiny. Statisically if you projected the number anti-semetic attacks on Jews in France to the end of the year you would get an 80+% rise. However last year there were only 500 or so. France has a popluation of 500,000 Jews and 5,000,000 muslims. Therefore as the year is not out i don't believe that Sharon is justified to make a "you are not safe" claim.

IMHO Sharon is indeed trying to bolster imigration, which also happens to be from a wealthy nation (which is of course billions of inward investment).

You can also see Sharon's point. He has to do it fairly quickly before they put the dome on top of the "security fence" and the planes can't land. :)
                              at

Comment

Working...
                              X