X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RSS Intrepid

RSS Intrepid launched....

Stealthy, sleek and made in Singapore

RSS Intrepid is the second in a series of six frigates being built for the Singapore Navy under a technology transfer agreement with French shipyard Direction des Constructions Navales. The French company designed and built the first, RSS Formidable, which was launched in France in January by the wife of Defence Minister Teo Chee Hean, Mrs Teo Poh Yim. ST Marine will build the remaining five.

All six will be equipped with advanced sensor and weapon systems to deal with threats from the air, other surface craft and submarines.

The frigates will come into service from 2007 onwards to replace the navy's missile gunboats, which are more than 25 years old.

Story

Few. For a second there I thought you might have been talkin bout the USS Intrepid and how someone might have sold it to a foriegn country. Wierd, I know, but I'm only functioning on 10:30 hours of sleep and I just woke up
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Working...
    X