Judge suspended over Ten Commandments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To protects our rights eh?

I say that I have a right to a statue of the 10 Commandements outside the courthouse. More importantly, most of the people living in Alabama agree.

Rights are ephemeral, changeable, and altogether dependant on public opinion at the time. These days we would say that everyone has the right to be free from slavery. Obviously the founding fathers didn't agree.

Or look at abortion. Rights of the mother vs rights of the unborn child. Who has the 'greater' right? Where is the constitution on this one?

Face it, legislators and judges twist the constitution anyway they want to. And so they should.

Your belief in rights is almost a religious standpoint in itself because it is based on an intangible. Where does it say that we all have rights? Just because some hypocritical guys said we all have rights 200 odd years ago doesn't mean squat.

What makes your belief in a set of rights any different from my belief in the 10 Commandements?
    SWANSEA 'TILL I DIE! - CARN THE CROWS!

Rule Britannia, No Surrender

Staff Cadet in the Australian Army Reserve.

Soli Deo Gloria

Comment

Ill rephrase it.

The Governments Job is to protect us from the initiation of force or fraud against us or our property.

I agree the Statue thing is not really a big deal it isn't violating anyones rights I just disagree with the reason they want it there. There is no need for the ten commandments to be there.

Comment

Working...
      X