Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saudi official lauds 'major blow' to al Qaeda

Saudi official lauds 'major blow' to al Qaeda

(CNN) -- "A major blow" has been dealt to al Qaeda in Saudi Arabia with the killing of four of its top leaders in the kingdom, Saudi foreign policy adviser Adel al-Jubeir said Saturday.

Among the dead is Abdel Aziz al-Muqrin, the nation's most-wanted militant and the self-proclaimed leader of al Qaeda in Saudi Arabia. Al-Muqrin claimed responsibility for the beheading of U.S. hostage Paul Johnson Jr.

There are conflicting reports on whether Johnson's remains have been found.

Al-Jubeir said that contrary to earlier reports from Saudi security officials, Johnson's corpse has not been recovered.

"We are searching for the body," he told reporters Saturday in Washington. "We believe we know the area where it might be, in the northern outskirts of Riyadh, but haven't found the body yet."

Al-Jubeir insisted that if Saudi forces had found remains, a tattoo would help identify them as Johnson's, DNA tests would be conducted and a speedy burial would be arranged.

Saudi security sources had said a headless body had been found but that the identity could not be confirmed.

Al-Jubeir said al-Muqrin was killed during a shootout with Saudi security forces Friday night.

An al Qaeda cell in Saudi Arabia vowed revenge for the death of al-Muqrin and three other members in a statement posted to an Islamist Web site.

Read the rest here:
    http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/...nap/index.html
    "Every man has his weakness. Mine was always just cigarettes."

The terrorist, in my opinion, met his Maker, a tad too peacefully.

He should have gone his way to his Paradise a little more violently and through some of the modes suggested in some threads. Indeed such modes may have brought revulsion to civilised folks, but then you are civilised with the civilised and uncivil with the uncivil. In Rome, do as the Romans do.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

A shame it couldn't have come a few hours earlier. :'(
      No man is free until all men are free - John Hossack
      I agree completely with this Administration’s goal of a regime change in Iraq-John Kerry
      even if that enforcement is mostly at the hands of the United States, a right we retain even if the Security Council fails to act-John Kerry
      He may even miscalculate and slide these weapons off to terrorist groups to invite them to be a surrogate to use them against the United States. It’s the miscalculation that poses the greatest threat-John Kerry

Comment

I this this was all a big drama set up by the saudis .... they organized the beheading .... to scare the american public .... and they organized the killing of the terrorists who most probably were following goovernment orders to behaed the innocent civilian in the first place ....

these arabs are very tricky .... specially the wahabbis .... there is no way they deal with anything HONOURABLY .... and don't forget the saudi princes and establishment are all PORCLAIMED AND ARDENT WAHABBIS .... the same as osama bin laden ...

how can two people of the same CULT be on different sides of the fence .... I think this was all an arranged act ....

Comment

Why should the Saudis scare away foreigners?

It is the foreigners who run everything for them, right from the maids to the oil engineers.

Without foreigners Saudi Arabia is a BIG ZERO!

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
            Why should the Saudis scare away foreigners?

It is the foreigners who run everything for them, right from the maids to the oil engineers.

Without foreigners Saudi Arabia is a BIG ZERO!
            they are trying to scare the americans out of Iraq with this savage barbarity .... typical for their race ...

and they know ..... eventually they will return ....

Comment

Working...
            X