No announcement yet.

1st ID soldier jailed, discharged for refusing to deploy to Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes, "only a fool would send the unwilling"; however, since when do soldiers have a say in the matter and the ability to "the soldier doesn't want to be there". he's in the army because he can follow orders and fight. his responsibility does not include directing policy.

Comment

Originally posted by dave angel
      western nations should just accept that this will happen sometimes, the soldier doesn't want to be there, his comrades probably don't want him there, so he should go home.
      There should however be consequences to your actions. If you choice to break what amounts to a contract to serve your country, you should be punished.

Comment

Originally posted by Leader
        There should however be consequences to your actions. If you choice to break what amounts to a contract to serve your country, you should be punished.
        It is not a 'contract'.

I find it rather debasing to think that fighting for one's country is nothing more than just a commercial equation.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

I don't have to attend every argument I'm invited to.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Originally posted by Ray
          It is not a 'contract'.

I find it rather debasing to think that fighting for one's country is nothing more than just a commercial equation.
          Originally posted by Leader
          what amounts to a contract
          Not a contract. Plus a contract is not necessarily a commercial equation.

Comment

Leader,

I see your point.

I find it very odd that those who sign up VOLUNTARILY are even allowed to opine and decide which war they will go to and which they won't!

Sine I am not familiar with the US Military law, if a soldier even opines so, is he put under arrest or is he allowed to roam around free till the Court Military decides.

In our Army, he would be placed under close arrest immediately and arraigned within 48 hours.

"Some have learnt many Tricks of sly Evasion, Instead of Truth they use Equivocation, And eke it out with mental Reservation, Which is to good Men an Abomination."

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

My father said something to me when he told me that other ethnic Chinese are going to ridicule me for not joining the PLA instead.

A man gives his word. A man keeps his word.

Comment

A man gives his word. A man keeps his word.
                Well said.

The true ethos of soldiering.

HAKUNA MATATA

Comment

Military indiscipline leads to lower troop moral, confusion in the mind of a commander, in decision in battle. It is a recepie for defeat.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Working...
                  X